Incredible Member

Default WW Original Abilities And Powers In The Comics Discussion

WW Original Abilities And Powers Discussion In The Comics.

A long time ago. I read a long and detailed article on the internet. It was written more like a master thesis than an article. Now I cant find it or the article on line. About all the powers she has been given over the years.

The one that sticks with me most is. If you spend enough physical time around her. You will fall in love with her. That just her natural goddess at work on you. I always figure that was a bit unfair for the people around her.

Does anyone else know the article I am talking about her or have any knowledge of her more unique and mostly unused and not spoken about abilities and powers from the old days of her comics?

That you wish to share on her?
    Last edited by gwhh; 05-13-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Sorry, I never heard of that article. I would have loved to read it, though!

I know early on and for quite some time, Wonder Woman had the power of telepathy and used the "Mental Radio" to communicate with Paradise Island.

Mentally, by telepathy later on, she could control the Robot Plane.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    WW Original Abilities And Powers Discussion In The Comics.

A long time ago. I read a long and detailed article on the internet. It was written more like a master thesis than an article. Now I cant find it or the article on line. About all the powers she has been given over the years.

The one that sticks with me most is. If you spend enough physical time around her. You will fall in love with her. That just her natural goddess at work on you. I always figure that was a bit unfair for the people around her.

Does anyone else know the article I am talking about her or have any knowledge of her more unique and mostly unused and not spoken about abilities and powers from the old days of her comics?

That you wish to share on her?
    I don't know about the Internet article you speak of, but what you've described reminds me of Michael L. Fleischer's Encyclopedia of Comics Vol. 2 devoted to Wonder Woman and published in 1976, or thereabouts. I had a copy when I was a kid and it had an entry on WWW's powers in the Golden and Silver ages that listed every unique feat she ever did in those eras. My copy of the book is long since gone, but I certainly devoured it as a boy. It detailed all the things the bracelets could do and the earrings and the tiara and the languages Wonder Woman spoke and on and on...

(Although the falling in love with her business doesn't ring a bell to me.)

Incredible Member

The article MAY be related to this webpage:

http://www.carolastrickland.com/comi...es/quotes.html

Incredible Member

I found the print out I had of the article I talked about in the opening question. It was in a box. Someone other than me must have put it in there. Because it was not packed like the way I pack things up!

Here it is in the PDF version:

http://depositfiles.com/files/vn0awvy3a
    Last edited by gwhh; 07-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.

What your talking about came up exactly once and it was when Kanigher having been pestered endlessly to inject more golden age elements into his run of Wonder Woman which mostly consisted of various men falling in love with Wonder Woman, had Doctor Psycho declare he will turn good if he could go on a date with Wonder Woman and so she agrees and while on said date with her he actually started to develop feelings for her and was genuinly planning to reform. Steve however seeing them on a date freaks out, punts Doctor Psycho across the room and then starts beating on him, causing Doctor Psycho to declare it was all a ploy on Wonder Womans part to make fun of him. With the whole thing sorta implied to be a natural effect of spending time with Wonder Woman.

As for powers she had displayed over the course of the golden/silver age...Gee, theres actually quite alot. Though I suppose they were all offshoots of her 'psychic super strength' as Wonder Woman and all other Amazons were able to do what they could back then because they were channeling their 'mental energy' throughout their body which made them 'as powerful as they were brilliant' with willpower being a big deciding factor in terms of how strong Wonder Woman was at a given moment.

The wilder offshoots of this include:
    Watching a recording of an event in the ancient pass and through sheer force of will just straight up traveling through time and altering history because she willed it to be.
    Overcoming a paralysis beam powered by a thousand suns through sheer force of will
    Traveling to and from the astral plane by willing her conciousness to leave her body, allowing her to travel to other realms of reality or to other planets within the universe through the astral plane.
    Seeing ghosts, phantasms, gods, and things which should be invisible to all because she wills herself to

Though honestly her magic lasso has a longer list of powers than she does
    Last edited by Fuzzy Mittens; 07-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.

I think I managed to find something which fits what the OP had seen, and it also seems like the PDF is a poorly formatted version of stuff from here: https://www.writeups.org/?s=wonder+woman

Boisterously Confused

Never seemed to make a dent in the behaviors of the JSA, and they were getting dosed with it for nearly a decade.

I kind of like to think that Diana exudes a kind of warmth and respect as part of personality, that people are just drawn to her without it being a special power. She's incredibly charismatic, without being narcissistic. It's just who she is.

As far as some of her past psychic powers, I'd love to see this get developed some way alongside Amazon training and their tech development. Revamp and reinsert Wonder concepts like mental radio and magic sphere, etc. and look at them from a more creative and contemporary POV.

I'm not asking for mental telepathy with the robot plane or being able to telekinetically control the Lasso of Truth (which I think happened in the Super Friends cartoon once), but see if some of it might work with the Amazons in terms of how they've trained themselves and the type of technology they've created.

Incredible Member

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I kind of like to think that Diana exudes a kind of warmth and respect as part of personality, that people are just drawn to her without it being a special power. She's incredibly charismatic, without being narcissistic. It's just who she is.

As far as some of her past psychic powers, I'd love to see this get developed some way alongside Amazon training and their tech development. Revamp and reinsert Wonder concepts like mental radio and magic sphere, etc. and look at them from a more creative and contemporary POV.

I'm not asking for mental telepathy with the robot plane or being able to telekinetically control the Lasso of Truth (which I think happened in the Super Friends cartoon once), but see if some of it might work with the Amazons in terms of how they've trained themselves and the type of technology they've created.
    Thought. Let's assume than an averave Amazon is about 1.5 above an an elite athelete, and Diana is X2 an average Amazon (that's totally arbitrary, work with me peeps). Now let's assume that everything else we've seen is psionic powers at work. Potentially, that means that anybody Wonder Woman gets near gets psionically pummeled with her will, which is full of love.

I could totally believe that Diana's mere presence could influence people to believe they're in love with her. Even against her will.

Yeah that's just all kinds of creepy and not something you want associated with a superhero. Especially not if you've seen Jessica Jones.

Sallou

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Makes you appreciate Gal Gadots casting even more. This is her, and her Wonder Woman, to a T.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Never seemed to make a dent in the behaviors of the JSA, and they were getting dosed with it for nearly a decade.
    Haha well, they are already good guys...