Page 36 of 254 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    And you think this because.....?
    I would imagine she thinks that because they just debuted a photo of Diana and her Amazon supporting castmembers, who have character descriptions that overlap with what Phillipus would have been doing were she included.

Jumping the gun a bit, I'd say. I wish we could all be a little less ready to be offended or disappointed sometimes, EESH.

THIS IS FRAKKING AWESOME!! makes me want to have a 1000 more questions answered!!! Heracles? Bana? Contest? Phillipus? Donna? Goddesses? Doom's Doorway?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Oh...and now I also have to wonder...Clay or Zeus origin???
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    I would imagine she thinks that because they just debuted a photo of Diana and her Amazon supporting castmembers, who have character descriptions that overlap with what Phillipus would have been doing were she included.
    Referring to this part: "I have the sneaking suspicion that this version of Themyscira is going to be completely lacking in any Amazons of Color, save for showing them in the background. Not. Cool."

Jumping the gun.

Oops. That's "Canada" not "Obvious" after the "Captain"

Jumping the gun a bit, I'd say. I wish we could all be a little less ready to be offended or disappointed sometimes, EESH.

THIS IS FRAKKING AWESOME!! makes me want to have a 1000 more questions answered!!! Heracles? Bana? Contest? Phillipus? Donna? Goddesses? Doom's Doorway?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Exactly!!!

Let's stop with the moaning. A few pictures & details have been released & that's it! I'm genuinely getting excited about the thought of the WW film. Robin Wright as Antiope is just perfect!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidhero1000 View Post
    "Our target audience needs Wonder Woman to look like she's wearing even fewer clothes."

"What about a biege chest piece with a reeeallly short skirt?"

"Awesome, get this man in a meeting with Zack!"

"Actually...*pulls off mask* I AM Zack!"

*Air horns blare as scene fades to black*

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis4 View Post
    Exactly!!!

Let's stop with the moaning. A few pictures & details have been released & that's it! I'm genuinely getting excited about the thought of the WW film. Robin Wright as Antiope is just perfect!!!
    It's also important to note, that these are her Mother and her two Aunts, so they are blood relatives, so probably not a lot of room for diversity here. Would have been cool if they had added Phillipus though.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

Referring to this part: "I have the sneaking suspicion that this version of Themyscira is going to be completely lacking in any Amazons of Color, save for showing them in the background. Not. Cool."

Jumping the gun.

Oops. That's "Canada" not "Obvious" after the "Captain"
    Thanks for the unnecessary bolding, I appreciate it.

1) In reading more about this image I found that one of them is Antiope. Which is fine on its own, but she's specifically referred to as General Antiope. She's never been the General, that's been Phillipus' role more often than not. That tells us that these are major characters we're seeing, and Phillipus isn't one of them. That is not good at all.

2) You missed the "sneaking suspicion" bit there. This means I am speculating and not claiming to have any secret insider knowledge. But even without secret insider knowledge, I know enough about Hollywood's bull$#!+ whitewashing practices to have the suspicion in the first place. Incidentally, I don't have a lot of optimism that Euboea, Anaya or any other Amazons of color will get major speaking lines. Yes, this is a very cynical outlook, but I've been burned way too many times to not feel this way

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    Thanks for the unnecessary bolding, I appreciate it.

1) In reading more about this image I found that one of them is Antiope. Which is fine on its own, but she's specifically referred to as General Antiope. She's never been the General, that's been Phillipus' role more often than not. That tells us that these are major characters we're seeing, and Phillipus isn't one of them. That is not good at all.

2) You missed the "sneaking suspicion" bit there. This means I am speculating and not claiming to have any secret insider knowledge. But even without secret insider knowledge, I know enough about Hollywood's bull$#!+ whitewashing practices to have the suspicion in the first place. Incidentally, I don't have a lot of optimism that Euboea, Anaya or any other Amazons of color will get major speaking lines. Yes, this is a very cynical outlook, but I've been burned way too many times to not feel this way
    Hopefully, this pic doesn't ruin the next year for you.
    (The bolding was for Captain, BTW, as it was necessary for clarification.)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    They look okay, I guess. But where's Phillipus? I have the sneaking suspicion that this version of Themyscira is going to be completely lacking in any Amazons of Color, save for showing them in the background. Not. Cool.
    You know Black Twitter is already asking #WheresPhillipus?

Because you can't release an article about the Amazons who trained Wonder Woman and leave out the Amazon who, in the source material for at least the past 30 years, has been responsible for Diana's training. Whether Phillipus or (possibly) Dessa or (possibly) Hessia or Alcippe.

And you know Black Twitter is quite creative:

#WheresPhillipus indeed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeUo9WRXIAA11oh.jpg
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 03-24-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I will almost bet money that Antiope/Robin Wright will be a villain in this. I'm almost positive Phillipus will be General by the time of the sequel.

Who wants to place bets now? LOL
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

While I do quite like the look, as I imagine it will be less shiny when it's on camera, I have to say its not exactly what I imagined it would be like. As odd as it may sound, they look more like LotR Elves than traditional hoplites... but that may very well be the point: not tying the Amazons down to one single region too much.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Love everything about this except that Phillipus is missing. I wish she was here and I hope she is in the movie. She was a big part of Diana's upbringing and brings the much needed diversity. Also, Patty's views on high heels is weird, but I can get over it.

Robin Wright looks AMAZING.
    Bold: One could ask if a grown man in a cape doing acrobatics is any less weird?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    While I do quite like the look, as I imagine it will be less shiny when it's on camera, I have to say its not exactly what I imagined it would be like. As odd as it may sound, they look more like LotR Elves than traditional hoplites... but that may very well be the point: not tying the Amazons down to one single region too much.

Bold: One could ask if a grown man in a cape doing acrobatics is any less weird?
    apples and orangers, capes are made by CGI and it doesn't sexualize the actors.

well the interview of patty was a major let down for me

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    "Our target audience needs Wonder Woman to look like she's wearing even fewer clothes."

"What about a biege chest piece with a reeeallly short skirt?"

"Awesome, get this man in a meeting with Zack!"

"Actually...*pulls off mask* I AM Zack!"

*Air horns blare as scene fades to black*
    hahaha yeah hot babes amazons for male gaze. I wonder if we will get really ripped amaozns or even butch like Io or aleka
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-24-2016 at 10:43 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I will almost bet money that Antiope/Robin Wright will be a villain in this. I'm almost positive Phillipus will be General by the time of the sequel.

Who wants to place bets now? LOL
    I love this idea and I hope you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    apples and orangers, capes are made by CGI and it doesn't sexualize the actors.

well the interview of patty was a major let down for me
    So you honestly don't feel that the men's costumes aren't sexualized? No they aren't showing skin, but you can see every muscle and "part" of them is enhanced lol. Unless Henry and Ben are just packing that way. lmao. Good for them if they are.
    Richard Alexander