Page 208 of 254 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3801
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hm. Our screen shots maybe milliseconds apart...I still think I see a helmet and horn at 0:46

Attachment 48940
    Looks like Ares is a giant here.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You also don't speak for me. I loved the TV show for what it was, a perfect casting of Lynda as Wonder Woman as well as having a superhero show on in that era. There was also the Nicholas Hammond Spiderman which was just ok to mediocre as well as the Lou Ferrigno Hulk which could get hurt by bullets. Nothing much on primetime TV and you already know the level of special effects on TV show budgets for the 70's. And, Wonder Woman, based on special effects at the time, would have looked bad had they tried to make her a flyer. So I had no problem that she couldn't fly (she was just doing the glide on air current thing during that time) and that she could only jump really far/high. She was also the only superhero in her own show so she wasn't competing with others like Superman.
    I disagree about flying special effects back then. Yes, they look crappy today, but at the time, George Reeves and, more so, William Katt a few years after Linda's show didn't look that bad. It's only years of upgraded special effects since that era that make them look feeble today. IMO, the reason why she didn't fly then was the invisible jet and nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hm. Our screen shots maybe milliseconds apart...I still think I see a helmet and horn at 0:46

Attachment 48940
    I'm sorry but I really can't make out the horns here, like at all! You'll have to guide me!
    All I see is some dudes being pushed away with their arms and legs extended.

If anything, they remind me of those guys we see when the tower explodes, they have a sort of helmet which covers their whole face

Hello everyone,

Nice to see so many people discussing the upcoming movie.

As we have some relatively new members please make sure that you have read...

http://community.comicbookresources....tart-READ-THIS

Thank you and enjoy the boards,

Javier

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I'm sorry but I really can't make out the horns here, like at all! You'll have to guide me!
    All I see is some dudes being pushed away with their arms and legs extended.

If anything, they remind me of those guys we see when the tower explodes, they have a sort of helmet which covers their whole face
    Ares Horn.jpg
    ATleast thats what it looks like to me.
    Richard Alexander

Hmm.. might be a monster summoned by Ares and not Ares himself.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Ares Horn.jpg
    humm that's an arm to me! If you look at the one I have posted, where everyone is lit by a surge of light, you can clearly see that the figures behinD Diana are humanoid figures, with legs, arms and everything.ww31.jpg

BANNED

I am so glad that the powers that be chose Gal Gadot, and I am extremely happy with all their choices in regard to the movie. Wonder Woman is not about [in my opinion] extraneous stuff like "flight or no flight". Seems like Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot have certainly captured the essence of the character, and I am happy with that. Get here, June 2!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    I am so glad that the powers that be chose Gal Gadot, and I am extremely happy with all their choices in regard to the movie. Wonder Woman is not about [in my opinion] extraneous stuff like "flight or no flight". Seems like Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot have certainly captured the essence of the character, and I am happy with that. Get here, June 2!!!
    It is not extraneous if the character has been flying for 30 years, all her books for the past 30 years have portrayed her as flying, nearly everything she has been shown in i.e cartoons, DTV animated movies such as all the Justice League films, Superman/Bataman Apocalpyse, etc portrays her as flying. Only the Lynda Carter series and the Superfriends portray her as something else. I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting all of her abilities to be shown in her first actual film; if people want to criticize me for that then so be it. I expect her to fly, have super strength, have super speed, be the best fighter and war strategist in the DCU (or at least one of the best), I expect her to be unapologetically feminist (and third wave if possible). I expect her to be as compassionate as she has been shown in BvS and in some of the trailers which we have seen.

BiteTheBullet has a right to feel annoyed that her ability to fly is currently a question mark while heroes such as Cyborg can fly freely in the Justice League trailers. But it is what it tis. Patty Jenkins is trying to get everybody talking about Wonder Woman until her film is released.

So far what I have seen in the trailers have impressed me, especially now that we have seen more of Ares, so I am happy to wait and see what will happen.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-04-2017 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Ares Horn.jpg
    I agree. It looks like a horn to me, like Ares enlarged. That battle looks like it is going to be super epic.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    It is not extraneous if the character has been flying for 30 years, all her books for the past 30 years have portrayed her as flying, nearly everything she has been shown in i.e cartoons, DTV animated movies such as all the Justice League films, Superman/Bataman Apocalpyse, etc portrays her as flying. Only the Lynda Carter series and the Superfriends portray her as something else. I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting all of her abilities to be shown in her first actual film; if people want to criticize me for that then so be it. I expect her to fly, have super strength, have super speed, be the best fighter and war strategist in the DCU (or at least one of the best), I expect her to be unapologetically feminist (and third wave if possible). I expect her to be as compassionate as she has been shown in BvS and in some of the trailers which we have seen.

BiteTheBullet has a right to feel annoyed that her ability to fly is currently a question mark while heroes such as Cyborg can fly freely in the Justice League trailers. But it is what it tis. Patty Jenkins is trying to get everybody talking about Wonder Woman until her film is released.

So far what I have seen in the trailers have impressed me, especially now that we have seen more of Ares, so I am happy to wait and see what will happen.
    I'm less worried about her flying (though I personally would like her to do that and have the invisible jet) than her not being in the top level in regard to superhero powers. Which means, IMO, she should be able to stand toe-to-toe with any superhero based on her overall abilities. I don't want her just to be the most powerful woman, IOW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    What saddens me about those tweets is that I thought the first Captain America movie was dull, dull, dull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    What saddens me about those tweets is that I thought the first Captain America movie was dull, dull, dull.
    Same here. Maybe he compared it to Captain America because they were both movies about heroes from a different time, during one of the world wars.

Captain America was not bad, but it was hardly sensational. lol