Page 18 of 254 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

So excited! This looks awesome.

WONDER WOMAN! The whole world is waiting for you!

Mighty Member

Another Wonder Woman comic on the horizon to coincide with the movie's release date perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Agreed with above felt like Xena.
    Not a problem from my perspective!

I like what they said and what was happening on screen, but I hate the dull blue/grey look of the film. Especially noticeable on those outdoor scenes with the horse. Seems drab and maudlin.

BANNED

Well it is England I presume during the Great War seems about right

yeah, they are really holding back the good fx stuff. i guess i cannot blame them for a film that is still soooooo far away. the #1 thing I was hoping to see was some cool live-action lasso action. but we'll see that in about two months, so i will soon be well fed! me hyped!!!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

I was hoping that at least see something that looked supernatural or otherworldly myself.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Can't wait to see what Themyscira/Paradise Island looks like.

I think it's great that it is finally happening.I think the general public will have to come to terms with the concepts that Diana helped influence the creation of Xena, so any similarities there are going to happen as they have many similarities.

The horseback scenes may have been a slight tribute to the cover of Wonder Woman #1, as she is notably on horseback on the cover. Also the working title for Wonder Woman is Nightingale, and the very first Wonder Women of History, a feature inside the comic, was Florence Nightingale.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

You guys have way too many high expectations for a film that just entered production in November.

BANNED

Well Wonder Woman did NOT come to man's world incognito, people saw her, they fought her yet the age of superheroes didn't kick off until Superman came about. I am vindicated. Whatever these soldiers saw, wasn't "god" like Superman, but someone smaller
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 01-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A few gifs from tumblr:

Cameras weren't everywhere in the early 20th century, like they are today. It's more than possible that WW interacted with mankind during the first world war, with miraculous superheroic feats, and then went on to become an urban legend that nobody believed, like the greek gods or even vampires. Actually, even if someone did by chance snap a pic or video, people would say it was faked. Diana can easily fit into the DCEU and Superman can still be the first superhero that the whole world acknowledges, even though WW came long before him.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I was searching the WW tag on tumblr and came across these Di Liborio boots. Look familiar.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I really enjoyed what they've shown so far. But they are going to have to really emphasize her power and speed. I like they kept talking about it, but they are really going to have to show it, because her riding on her horse looked dangerously close to Xena.

Just those scenes tho obviously. But this looks really good.
    It looks like that she is not on Superman's power level but more on Captain America's which I am okay with.

"she's the best fighter in the DC universe"