Page 72 of 254 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3801
  1. #1066
    The Supreme Top Carnivore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, artistically it would be an interesting choice. From a business perspective, however? Not so much.

    Although, my idea of Diana being confronted with the fact that WWI was not supernaturally instigated is still valid. Sure, maybe Ares (or Cheetah) (or Circe) is involved, but it would still be a real blow for Diana to learn that the war didn't have a supernatural cause.
    Yeah, I like the war not being started by Ares' magic. It's all on humans. Our choice. But Ares could still grow more powerful by absorbing the psychic energies generated by the First World War.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

  2. #1067
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Yeah, I like the war not being started by Ares' magic. It's all on humans. Our choice. But Ares could still grow more powerful by absorbing the psychic energies generated by the First World War.
    Oh, of course.

    Unless they want to do away with the whole "Ares feeds on conflict" thing, then there's no way Ares isn't reaping MASSIVE benefits from the first global human conflict since the war with Darkseid 30,000 years ago.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  3. #1068
    Spectacular Member rayray1127's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I love all the ideas here... Though I honestly have a tough time thinking Ares WON'T be the major antagonist. It's about a major world war, I can't see Ares not totally involved!

  4. #1069
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,428

    Default

    Circe being involved would make sense as well, given her "I hate men" schtick.

  5. #1070
    Spectacular Member rayray1127's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I feel like Danny Huston would be a great Ares and the fact that it's not been announced who he and Elena Anaya are playing yet makes me theorize that they are possibly playing Ares and Circe... And I theorize that David Thewlis is maybe.... Hades? Thoughts?
    Last edited by rayray1127; 07-02-2016 at 10:54 PM.

  6. #1071
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    hopefully they dont do the whole WW animated movie/ Attack of the Amazons Ares. Id love to see the Court of Mars though I think thatd make Ares a much more formidable foe
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 07-03-2016 at 07:05 AM.

  7. #1072
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    I feel like Danny Huston would be a great Ares and the fact that it's not been announced who he and Elena Anaya are playing yet makes me theorize that they are possibly playing Ares and Circe... And I theorize that David Thewlis is maybe.... Hades? Thoughts?
    Danny Huston certainly seems the most likely choice for Ares. Elena Anaya is almost certainly Circe or Cheetah. Davd Thewlis could be Hades. I could see that. He can have a kind of creepy, spacy look to him at times.

    Although didn't we see Thewlis in a set photo, wearing a British officer's uniform? It's possible he's just a mortal soldier who will be significant to the story in some way. I kinda hope he'll be a god or some other recurring threat, personally. He's far too good an actor to waste on a "one and done" disposable role.

    It's also possible that Thewlis might be Ares himself. Sure, he doesn't look the part, and that could be the whole point: it's not who you'd expect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    hopefully they dont do the whole WW animated movie/ Attack of the Amazons Ares. Id love to see the Court of Mars though I think thatd make Ares a much more formidable foe
    Awwww! But then we may not get to hear that great line! "It appears to be an army of armored.......supermodels."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  8. #1073
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Danny Huston certainly seems the most likely choice for Ares. Elena Anaya is almost certainly Circe or Cheetah. Davd Thewlis could be Hades. I could see that. He can have a kind of creepy, spacy look to him at times.

    Although didn't we see Thewlis in a set photo, wearing a British officer's uniform? It's possible he's just a mortal soldier who will be significant to the story in some way. I kinda hope he'll be a god or some other recurring threat, personally. He's far too good an actor to waste on a "one and done" disposable role.

    It's also possible that Thewlis might be Ares himself. Sure, he doesn't look the part, and that could be the whole point: it's not who you'd expect.



    Awwww! But then we may not get to hear that great line! "It appears to be an army of armored.......supermodels."
    he could be playing phobos or deimos as a human....god of terror would be pretty creepy so thats a possibility.

    lol honestly i think the world would be better to forget that movie ever happened

  9. #1074
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    he could be playing phobos or deimos as a human....god of terror would be pretty creepy so thats a possibility.
    Yep. Can't discount the possibility of Ares' backup dancers getting involved. Heck, come to think of it, Anaya could be playing Eris (I much prefer that name to "Strife.") If WWI is going to be just a "WW vs. Ares" story, then all the characters might be tied to Ares in some way. Huston could be Ares. Thewlis could be Phobos or Deimos. Anaya could be Eris, and maybe some other actor will take the remainder of the Phobos/Deimos tag team.

    lol honestly i think the world would be better to forget that movie ever happened
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't perfect, by any stretch. But it was a pretty good "Wonder Woman 101" for new potential fans.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  10. #1075
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. Can't discount the possibility of Ares' backup dancers getting involved. Heck, come to think of it, Anaya could be playing Eris (I much prefer that name to "Strife.") If WWI is going to be just a "WW vs. Ares" story, then all the characters might be tied to Ares in some way. Huston could be Ares. Thewlis could be Phobos or Deimos. Anaya could be Eris, and maybe some other actor will take the remainder of the Phobos/Deimos tag team.



    Well, I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't perfect, by any stretch. But it was a pretty good "Wonder Woman 101" for new potential fans.
    they might drop eris for circe and make her the second in command type of villain, and she could be possible set up for a sequel just in case that happens

    i think it had some nice moments here and there but overall i thought it did way too much wrong though i do admit i own it and watch it quite a bit

  11. #1076
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    11,601

    Default

    WB showed a video about the WW movie to the press during the Cinč movie festival in Riccione (Italy). Here's a description: https://twitter.com/supesbatsy/statu...49307817271296


  12. #1077
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WB showed a video about the WW movie to the press during the Cinč movie festival in Riccione (Italy). Here's a description: https://twitter.com/supesbatsy/statu...49307817271296

    im skeptical about this but if its true then some of this sound ok and some of is weird.

  13. #1078
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,428

    Default

    I seriously doubt that they wont be at least some romance, or at least romantic tension, between Diana and Steve. It's kind of a big thing with them, especially early on. Also, Patty Jenkins does drama well, so I see her mixing that with the action.

    Speaking of which, the action sounds cool.

  14. #1079
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    There goes that danged shield again instead of the Bracelets....Yeah I know, we will see her do bullets and bracelets but I atleast had to say that. lol
    Richard Alexander

  15. #1080
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    There goes that danged shield again instead of the Bracelets....Yeah I know, we will see her do bullets and bracelets but I atleast had to say that. lol
    Far as I'm concerned, the shield and the bracelets give Diana a more complete system of defense. A shield is superior coverage to the bracelets. There is an upward limit of how many incoming attacks Diana can deflect with the bracelets. There is no such limit with the shield. Put the shield in front of a bunch of oncoming attacks, and it'll pretty much stop 'em all. Add the fact that a shield can also be used as an offensive weapon and it just gives Diana more flexibility in combat.

    The bracelets, IMO, should be Diana's backup defense. When the shield is out of play, it's what she uses. Heck, with her skills, she can even use them somewhat interchangeably. DC Superhero Girls did a TV movie recently wherein Diana fought the Female Fury Artemiz. Diana did a cool combo move where she threw her shield Captain America-style in an arc around Artemiz. While waiting for the shield to complete it's arc, Diana deflected a bunch of Artemiz's arrows with her bracelets. I thought it was a cool way to show the versatility the shield and bracelets combo can be.

    Meanwhile, the rest of this article sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to see a trailer.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •