Page 101 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3801

Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I wonder who the Amazon in the background is? Menalippe?

Either way, both images look great!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It wouldn't be the same, as Superman has flown in every incarnation and it's an integral aspect of his character. Wonder Woman hasn't flown in very many of her non-comic appearances.
    Was on vacation, but couldn't let this one go by.

Since the Perez reboot, when has Wonder Woman been shown not to be able to fly under her own power?

We have one instance in her solo animated movie. That is it!!

Now we have the DCEU, although some are saying to wait and see.

Otherwise, since the Perez reboot, she has flown in every incarnation, whether it be reboots since Perez or in animated features.

What you are saying doesn't seem factually true to me.

Mighty Member

Chris Pine Shoots Down That One ‘Wonder Woman’ Rumor

Rumors about the new “Wonder Woman” movie are flying around faster than Wonder Woman’s invisible jet, which supposedly won’t be in the film (wink, wink).

For real, it won’t be in the movie, though. I just had something in my eye (wink, wink).

Now, thanks to actor Chris Pine, another rumor is finally grounded.

For a while, there’s been a story going around that Pine would play multiple roles in the upcoming film. We already know the actor is taking on the part of Wonder Woman’s love interest, Steve Trevor, but the movie is reportedly taking place in three different time periods. Since that news broke, there has been a rumor that Pine would take on the role of both Trevor and Trevor’s grandfather.

Apparently, that’s not the case.

The Huffington Post caught up with the actor while he was out in LA to film for the new Armani Code fragrance, Code Colonia, which is coming in early 2017. When asked if he would be taking on roles other than Steve Trevor in the movie, Pine gave a pretty solid, “No,” dismissing any possible credence.
    Full Article

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Full Article
    What the hell? You know, maybe some villain confirmation and such would help dispel rumors. At least one of the villains. I mean, we knew Luthor was in bvs for a while

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    What the hell? You know, maybe some villain confirmation and such would help dispel rumors. At least one of the villains. I mean, we knew Luthor was in bvs for a while
    I think rumor has it that its Dr Poison and Duke of Deception

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Full Article
    If he's only playing Steve, then either Steve will die at the end of this movie, or he'll live on, or Pine will come back and play a new Steve in the modern age.

It all depends on if Pine's available to do more than one movie. If he is, then they'll figure out a way to bring him back. Plenty of options exist to make that happen.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    I'm still waiting for them to confirm whether Wonder Woman will be in her own eponymous movie

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    I'm still waiting for them to confirm whether Wonder Woman will be in her own eponymous movie
    That's been confirmed since Day One?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If he's only playing Steve, then either Steve will die at the end of this movie, or he'll live on, or Pine will come back and play a new Steve in the modern age.

It all depends on if Pine's available to do more than one movie. If he is, then they'll figure out a way to bring him back. Plenty of options exist to make that happen.
    Maybe they do a time jump in the movie
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-05-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Quite possible.

My personal pet scenario is, after the battles are over, Steve is injured and/or emotionally traumatized after everything he'd been through. Hippolyta, recognizing Diana's love for Steve, allows him to remain on Paradise Island in order to heal. There's no better way to do away with the "Amazons are man-haters" argument. Sure, you can have an Amazon or two protest allowing a man to remain on the island, but on the whole, Hippolyta and the Amazons accept Steve without complaint.

While on the island, Steve doesn't age, leaving him free to join Diana later on.

Obviously, any scenario in which Steve makes it into the modern age is going to be difficult to handle. Comparisons between Steve and that.....OTHER Steve will be inevitable. "Oh, look! DC has an attractive blond guy with old-school values that make him charming, too!"

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I have a hunch that the movie will be told partly in retrospective with Diana telling the story to either Bruce Wayne, as she's mentioned she walked away from fighting all that time ago and he wanted to know why... or having been tracked down by Lois Lane on the account the reporter in her wanted to know who the strange woman was that fought along side Superman.

So I have to agree with the notion of Steve not surviving the movie and it, along with the outbreak of WWII is the reason Diana retired. Like... as it often is with movies, someone close to the hero either dies or is seriously wounded right before, during or at the very end of the last battle... spurring the hero on to defeat the villain, Steve could be that guy... maybe he gets hit with something from the (assumed to be) Dr. Poison, maybe he dies there, or maybe he lives on seriously wounded (as many vets did) and only dies of the injuries a few months, maybe a year, maybe right on the time WWII breaks out... So Diana opts not to fight, having lost Steve and seeing Mankind repeating the same evil she thought she had helped defeat.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

[/QUOTE]

I would have loved if she was twirling the lasso on this one. Would have given us this,

Richard Alexander

I will forever hate the shield she has. It makes her bracelets useless lmao.
    Anyways, I love Diana's hair in the movie. When it was wavy. I also loved Diana with wavy hair, Curly doesn't imho suit her though.