Page 106 of 254 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3801

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Whoo-hoo! Bullets and Bracelets confirmed!

And was it just my imagination, or was she actually flying in that one part near the end?

Damn, this movie just keeps looking better and better!
    She is definitely flying at the end! Looks like the is also making lightning with her bracelets, similar to Gail's version

BULLETS AND BRACELETS, FLIGHT, LIGHTNING! total badassery AND humor!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Further thoughts after a repeat viewing.

1.) The masked lady HAS to be Dr. Poison. We see her experimenting with some kind of gas in a lab, and she appears to be rolling some kind of gas grenade into a room.

2.) No certainty yet about who the other guy is. He could be Ares or he could be the Duke. Hope we get an official word soon.

3.) Looks like the rumors were right that at least part of the movie will be about Diana reflecting on her arrival in Man's World from the modern age. Her early narration suggests she's talking to someone about it. She's probably talking to Bruce, but I personally hope she's talking to Lois. I really want to see Diana strike up her friendship with Lois in the movies.

4.) I love how casual they make Bullets and Bracelets look for her. That bullet that goes toward her when she steps out onto the battlefield? I just love how she was all "Lol! Nope!" about blocking it.

5.) This trailer has done a great job of not repeating BvS's mistakes. We still don't have a strong idea about what's going to happen in the movie. No real spoilers yet, two trailers in. Let's hope that continues.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I love how bright and colorful the movie is! Everything about the trailer made me feel confident I will love the movie. The concerns I had are gone.

BANNED

So is dude Duke of Deception?

BANNED

Intriguing trailer, but I'm not a fan of using the GOLDEN LASSO OF TRUTH as a weapon for fighting and not for its purpose which is to make people tell the truth.

Also While I'm still against the idea of it being set in WWI I am willing to admit that they make the idea work in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    So is dude Duke of Deception?
    Uncertain. We barely got to see him in the trailer. He could be Ares or the Duke. We'll either need another trailer or an official statement to confirm it.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Intriguing trailer, but I'm not a fan of using the GOLDEN LASSO OF TRUTH as a weapon for fighting and not for its purpose which is to make people tell the truth.

Also While I'm still against the idea of it being set in WWI I am willing to admit that they make the idea work in the trailer.
    Diana constantly uses the lasso offensively though. In the trailer, Steve is wrapped in the lasso when he tells them about the war. So she is using it both ways.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

So can someone explain why the Amazons are speaking English to Steve?

My concerns before the trailer:

-Will the lasso have the truth abilities?
    -Will she fly?
    -Will there be bullets and bracelets?
    -Lack of color
    -Will Diana be portrayed as more than a gladiator, have heart?

All of the concerns are gone now.

Glad that Dr. Poison is basically confirmed, still curious if that is Areas or Duke of Deception.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Well it can be used for both. It is indestructible after all and using it restrain superstrong beings is reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    For the same reason the Kryptonians spoke English. Having to create a language and then show the character learning Engligh would take away from the story. It is for the ease of the story and viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Diana constantly uses the lasso offensively though. In the trailer, Steve is wrapped in the lasso when he tells them about the war. So she is using it both ways.
    Exactly. At least she's not using it as a whip or to strangle people. She's using it to grapple people in non-lethal ways.

And yes, she's using the Lasso for all its intended purposes. I can't believe what an amazing job they're doing with the Lasso, personally.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Uncertain. We barely got to see him in the trailer. He could be Ares or the Duke. We'll either need another trailer or an official statement to confirm it.
    Well he's somehow able to fight her and dude seemingly survived being thrown from a huge height by her lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    The Amazons appear to have magic in this universe. Easy enough to say that they may have a spell or something that can allow them to communicate with him. Or they could borrow a bit from the New 52 and say that the Amazons still do go out into Man's World to gather knowledge and they simply picked up the basics of the English language along the way.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--