Page 114 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3801
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Regarding WW's fight with Doomsday in a previous post a few threads before this, I think WW is BVS fight scene with Doomsday is supposed to be superspeed (it's just adjusted for our eyes otherwise we will not see anything). However, that still doesn't explain how Batman can dodge Doomsday's super speed attack, unless he has some kind of tech that allows him to do that in his brain (lol).
    Doomsday's attack on Batman was kind of clumsy. I suspect he may have been slowed by the beating Diana and Clark were dishing out to him. Just my headcanon, of course. But it makes sense.

Still not sure if all the amazons here are superpowered, and it will make sense if they were because even if they are skilled, there's no way they are going to defeat gun-totting assailants, especially in such open space like a beach where clear shots are possible, so hence amazon skills with some level of meta human ability can equal dealing with the gunned Nazis, and could also make sense how they are able to fight off technologically advanced para-demons if the rumours are true that amazons ans atlanteans fought of Darkseid's army.
    The Native Americans did win many battles with gun-toting assailants, even with only melee weapons and bows. It can be done. They just need to fight smart. A numerical advantage helps as well. Those soldiers seem to be armed only with rifles, which were single-shot bolt-action affairs back then. We see no heavy artillery. No machine guns. Those guys are armed with weapons that don't work much faster than bows and arrows.

Now, I do believe that the Amazons are superpowered. They may not be bulletproof, but remember that moment from the behind-the-scenes Justice League video? Where we saw two Amazons catching a large, falling weight? That's superstrength, for sure.

I am 50/50 of Gal's acting; I find her voice intonation gets in the way, which is too bad; it may turn out to be the weakest part of the movie; also, her mother does not seem to have an accent, so I hope every other amazon has the same accent or that won't make sense at all.
    Hippolyta does have an accent. Her actress is Dutch. We heard her accent when she told Diana "You have been my greatest love." She's the only other Amazon we've heard speaking thus far. So right now, it looks like at least some Amazons will have accents.

As for her power levels, we'll have to see how it develops in the movies; i liked the rest of the action scenes, and I may be a minority here, but I found the bullet blocking scene rather "corny," and uneventful, even though it's an awesome skill to have, maybe it's just the way it's done I am not sure; maybe if it had been multiple shots at least and done in different speeds; not sure. Loved the jumps, lasso use and flying kick, of course. I also hope they show Etta Candy with some fighting skills as a bit of a surprise...and I hope they show a few Olympian gods in the process as well..

TT
    Ummm, we saw her deflect multiple shots from multiple angles in the alley scene. The first bullet seemed to be a lucky thing, but then the scene continued and we saw her block like three other shots while she and Steve started whoopin' on the assassins. And then there was the deflection scene when she first comes out of the trenches. She just casually swatted it away from herself, and I thought it looked pretty awesome.

And yeah, I at least want to see Etta punch SOMEBODY at least once. That'll be hilarious!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I think Gal delivers her lines just fine. WW is a princess, so I think she has a bit of that regal tone in her speech. Her voice is very soothing, and kinda sexy too. It reminds me a bit of Susan Eisenberg's WW. I also find her expressions appropriate for WW. She's beautiful, mysterious, and curiously inquisitive of her surroundings. Those are central elements to WW imo.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I don't get why people who do not have the credentials or the experience to scrutinize an actor's or actress' ability feel the need to do this so frequently. Especially in this case given that Gal Gadot is a MULTI-LINGUAL actress. Do you know how hard it is to act in a language that is not native to your own--let alone speak it? Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but Gal in BVS captured who Wonder Woman really is; confident but compassionate; sophisticated, and elegant, but still brutal enough to slice your head off if it comes to it. I can see her in multiple scenarios; she plays a multi-dimensional character well. If she were portraying Supegirl or Stargirl, then yes, I would say she is stiff, and she probably should have an American accent. But she is not; she is supposed to be portraying the mightiest warrior/superheroine in the DC Universe; a charcater that was reared and groomed during the ancient ages. A born princess (blessed by the gods, or in this case, Zeus' daughter). She is supposed to be reserved, and disciplined, and courageous and wise. If Gal portrayed her like Supergirl, or Mary Marvel or something, then I would have a problem with that.

Thats just my two cents of course.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 11-05-2016 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Regarding WW's fight with Doomsday in a previous post a few threads before this, I think WW is BVS fight scene with Doomsday is supposed to be superspeed (it's just adjusted for our eyes otherwise we will not see anything). However, that still doesn't explain how Batman can dodge Doomsday's super speed attack, unless he has some kind of tech that allows him to do that in his brain (lol).
    Because he's Batman. Its his shtic.

Still not sure if all the amazons here are superpowered, and it will make sense if they were because even if they are skilled, there's no way they are going to defeat gun-totting assailants, especially in such open space like a beach where clear shots are possible, so hence amazon skills with some level of meta human ability can equal dealing with the gunned Nazis, and could also make sense how they are able to fight off technologically advanced para-demons if the rumours are true that amazons ans atlanteans fought of Darkseid's army.
    I am not sure of it myself Titan. If a regular bullet can kill them then I don't think they are super powered. If it can injure them, and they are subdued briefly, but able to bounce back because they heal quickly then I would say they are definitely more enhanced than humans. But we have yet to see the film; I don't know how they will be portrayed.

The Amazons do have magical weapons (just like the sheild that Diana used to block Doomsday's heat waves) to be to defeat Apokoliptian weapons. That part I believe is true given the evidence from BvS.

I truly believe that the trailer hasn't revealed much (as yet?) about how strong the Amazons really are. I think we'll have to wait for the movie buddy; such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait.

As for her power levels, we'll have to see how it develops in the movies; i liked the rest of the action scenes, and I may be a minority here, but I found the bullet blocking scene rather "corny," and uneventful, even though it's an awesome skill to have, maybe it's just the way it's done I am not sure; maybe if it had been multiple shots at least and done in different speeds; not sure. Loved the jumps, lasso use and flying kick, of course. I also hope they show Etta Candy with some fighting skills as a bit of a surprise...and I hope they show a few Olympian gods in the process as well..
    I am the opposite. I thought that scene was awesome, and was sorry that I wasn't able to see more until June of next year. That scene showed skill, and super speed, which was why I have watched it over and over and over again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    She is super-strong and super fast (see that split second shot where she jumps through concrete, that happens at super-speed) and she is super athletic.

You know I didn't see that until the 4th or 5th time I rewatched that trailer? I guess some Super Strength was shown after all.

Hmmm.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 11-05-2016 at 11:30 AM.

I thought the first trailer was exciting and being a huge Wonder Woman fan, a huge sigh of relief.
    This new trailer continued lifting the boulder off my worry meter (placed there by the first two films).
    I expect (actually hope) Jenkins and the crew tossed most of what happened in Batman vs Superman
    with regards to Wonder Woman's abilities out the window.
    In that movie, Wonder Woman was more a added character and did not have room (and I expect motivation from the people involved)
    to fully show and appreciate how spectacular her powers and skills and personality are.
    This movie coming up looks (from a few trailers) to be fully committed on showcasing all the great things Wonder Woman
    is.
    I do expect Wonder Woman will return to a role in the Justice League movie, with just hints of her powers , to better fit along the bigger
    cast of super heroes, but in this movie I expect and strongly feel They care tossing in everything (including the kitchen sink)
    when it comes to all Diana's glorious abilities and character.

Actually in the Doomsday fight Diana did move in a blur after getting knocked back by Doomsday, other then that, she didn't seem overly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Actually in the Doomsday fight Diana did move in a blur after getting knocked back by Doomsday, other then that, she didn't seem overly fast.
    She definitely moved in a blur. And if you listen closely, when she rushes toward Doomsday after being knocked back by him, there is a faint "whoosh" sound. She's definitely fast enough to keep up with a guy who was able to knock Superman from pillar to post, and this trailer reveals that she can track and block multiple bullets.

She may not be "Fly from one end of the planet to another in a matter of seconds" fast. But she's definitely fast.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I also enjoyed how this trailer emphasized bullets and bracelets. The 1st trailer drew a few too many captain America comparisons when she used the shield. Maybe there'll be a balance, but I hope the bracelets are used more. That's classic WW.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    That's it! Stiff. She has the fighting facial expressions all down I'll give her that. But on her accent, is that like a normal Israeli accent? Never been to Israeli and my Ash Jewish friends and their families all immgrated to US/Canada so I don't know lol.
    In my experience, people for whom English is a second language often have a stilted way of speaking. That seems wholly appropriate for an immigrant like Diana.
    Last edited by FIFTY-TWO (52); 11-05-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

She may not be "Fly from one end of the planet to another in a matter of seconds" fast.
    Maybe she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Hahaha, and Superman with his super speed didn't get punched? By the way, remember Doomsday is Kryptonian; he isn't exactly slow. Otherwise, he would have been stabbed by Diana under normal circumstances.
    Superman lacks control, this is demonstrated in MoS and BvS when Faora sidesteps him, and he when torpedo's the dude through the wall.Doomsday does get stabbed and slashed by Diana during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    Superman lacks control, this is demonstrated in MoS and BvS when Faora sidesteps him, and he when torpedo's the dude through the wall.Doomsday does get stabbed and slashed by Diana during the fight.
    Superman was perfectly in control when he drove the warlord through the wall. The fact that he managed to do that without killing him is proof enough of that.

If Doomsday can't at least keep up with Superman's speed, then he's no threat to Superman. And if he's fast enough to keep up with him, he's fast enough to be a problem for Diana.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Before this WW "reshoots" start spreading like fire.
    a) they're happening in typical additional photography timeframe.
    b) WB needed Leavesdan studios for JL. Now that's wrapped up they can go back to finish WW stuff.
    c) obvious one but Most films go through this.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Who did that?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Who did that?
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Wonder...etch-644100324