Page 117 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3801

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think they're still filming some stuff in Iceland, but yeah. Principal Photography is pretty much done.
    Do you know how far she is in the pregnancy or any reports? I'm assuming she either just found out or she's one of the lucky women who don't show too much drastic change while pregnant/don't change too much till very later.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Do you know how far she is in the pregnancy or any reports? I'm assuming she either just found out or she's one of the lucky women who don't show too much drastic change while pregnant/don't change too much till very later.
    No clue. I guess it would depend on if she and her husband had any time for.....conjugal visits during the filming process. If not, then one assumes she was pregnant prior to filming. In which case, it could be at least a couple months.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

No clue. I guess it would depend on if she and her husband had any time for.....conjugal visits during the filming process. If not, then one assumes she was pregnant prior to filming. In which case, it could be at least a couple months.
    Yeah anything's likely I guess. I don't think she's too far along but whatever goes goes. I don't know the whole JL filming situation but I'd assume this shouldn't be too much of a hassle or problem for filming? I guess?

Still kind of ot, but I wonder if she'll get another girl..

Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot Would Want Halle Berry As Love Interest In Sequel

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/07/wond...ove-interest-/

Well we already had Jean Grey dating Amanda Waller on How To Get Away With Murder. Why not Diana and Ororo?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot Would Want Halle Berry As Love Interest In Sequel

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/07/wond...ove-interest-/

Well we already had Jean Grey dating Amanda Waller on How To Get Away With Murder. Why not Diana and Ororo?
    That would be interesting, to be sure. I wonder who Halle would play?

Of course, if Gal is already thinking about a new love interest for Diana in a sequel, then that's a pretty good argument for Steve not surviving the first movie. He's either going to die at the end, or he'll live out his mortal lifespan and die later on, or something will happen between them that makes continuing their relationship impossible.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't surprise me if whatever ends up happening to him is part of what makes her withdraw from the world for so long. Not necessarily the ONLY catalyst, but part of it.

I'm confused. Gal keeps on saying that Diana is independant and not leaving her island for a love story.. Which is true. So i assume her and Steve will be more platonic as opposed to Lois and Clark?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I'm confused. Gal keeps on saying that Diana is independant and not leaving her island for a love story.. Which is true. So i assume her and Steve will be more platonic as opposed to Lois and Clark?
    I think it might be like what they're currently doing with Year One. Steve's crash on the island makes the Amazons aware of the conflict with Ares, and that is what Diana is called to leave for. Getting to know Steve and falling in love with him is a bonus, but not her main motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it might be like what they're currently doing with Year One. Steve's crash on the island makes the Amazons aware of the conflict with Ares, and that is what Diana is called to leave for. Getting to know Steve and falling in love with him is a bonus, but not her main motivation.
    Exactly.

We've already seen that Diana and Steve will become romantically involved. Both trailers have shown moments of them dancing intimately and even what looks like the first caresses between the two of them. How far will the relationship advance? That's hard to say. Especially since it's looking more and more likely like Steve won't survive this movie.

So there's definitely a romance there, but that isn't Diana's primary reason for going to Man's World, which is good. I'm glad that we're moving away from Diana and Steve having some corny "love at first sight" kind of romance. Letting it develop naturally, like real romantic relationships, makes it seem more satisfying and real. Comic movies are frequently criticized for their rushed and/or contrived romance stories, so if Wonder Woman can avoid such criticism, that's only going to help in the long run.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

All-New Member

I just don't see it in this version of Diana to disappear if Steve were alive. It's why she looks at the photo. He died heroically. She walks away. The War is won, but she doesn't feel like it. Combine with stuff Dr Poison tells her. And you get bitter, reluctant Diana in the Present Day.

I think Etta Candy is the only one that lives to old age.

edit: oh, I do find it odd we still have not seen David Thewlis' character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
    I just don't see it in this version of Diana to disappear if Steve were alive. It's why she looks at the photo. He died heroically. She walks away. The War is won, but she doesn't feel like it. Combine with stuff Dr Poison tells her. And you get bitter, reluctant Diana in the Present Day.

I think Etta Candy is the only one that lives to old age.

edit: oh, I do find it odd we still have not seen David Thewlis' character at all.
    Very good point about Thewlis. I'd almost forgotten that he was in this.

Okay, so if Huston is Ares, and it's starting to look like he is, then perhaps Thewlis could be the Duke of Deception? Maybe Phobos or Deimos? Or maybe THEWLIS is Ares and Huston is the minion? One way or the other, I think they're saving Thewlis for a shocking reveal. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Another possibility could be that Thewlis will be another surprise. Much as I don't like the daughter of Zeus origin, DC does appear to still be committed to it in a lot of ways. (Heck, I just recently found out that DC Superhero Girls Wonder Woman also has the daughter of Zeus origin.) Maybe Thewlis will be revealed to be Zeus somewhere near the end?

EDIT: Just remembered. There's another character we've seen who has been conspicuously absent from the trailers. How about the Native American-looking guy in the photo? We've seen everyone else in that photo in the trailers, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of him. I'm beginning to suspect that this isn't a coincidence either.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

This trailer was really really good, however I wish it ended with Wonder Woman taking off her bracelets

My only beef is it looks like she's not quick enough to handle a freaking hand-cranked gatling-gun with her bulletproof bracelets

Also she's like "I can't stand by while innocent lives are lost" but that's what she did when 6 million innocent lives were taken to concentration camps, and 54 million more perished

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    This trailer was really really good, however I wish it ended with Wonder Woman taking off her bracelets

My only beef is it looks like she's not quick enough to handle a freaking hand-cranked gatling-gun with her bulletproof bracelets
    Or maybe she just decided that putting a portable wall (aka "shield") in front of that many bullets was a better idea than trying to swat each individual bullet out of the air? Less margin for error, and all that?

Also she's like "I can't stand by while innocent lives are lost" but that's what she did when 6 million innocent lives were taken to concentration camps, and 54 million more perished
    By that point, she'd been through who-knows-what emotional traumas that left her unable to rise to the occasion during that time? Or maybe the end of the movie will give some OTHER reason why she sat out so many other world events between now and then?

There's no reason to assume worst-case scenario.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Very good point about Thewlis. I'd almost forgotten that he was in this.

Okay, so if Huston is Ares, and it's starting to look like he is...
    Why do you think Huston is Ares?

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post

I never got that impression. She was very fast. It looked almost ridiculous.

Well thats like asking, why didn't Superman prevent 9/11? Or the other atrocities committed during the 21st century? Why doesn't he end global hunger? Why do any of the heroes with god-like powers (Superman, Wonder Woman, etc) allow such evil to take place in our world, when they sorta have the power to end it? Its just not in the story. At the end of the day, its a comic world.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 11-08-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Why do you think Huston is Ares?
    I'm basing my assumption solely on the fact that the second trailer shows him and Diana throwing down. Ares is known for fighting Diana directly like that. The Duke of Deception is not. I could be wrong, of course, but right now, Huston looks like a better candidate for Ares, based on past events.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--