Page 126 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3801
    Mighty Member

Does it really say Ares is in this movie or that Ares is behind all of this. He could show up in JL and Duke could be the villain in her movie maybe just spreading Ares problems. Zeus being this important tho is really disappointing.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-10-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ares confirmed for ‘Wonder Woman’

spoilers:
    Chris Pine: I play a pilot who works for the Allies and spies on the Germans without their knowledge. My character steals a notebook filled with scientific formulas in an Ottoman base, he steals a plane but is shot down in the open sea. Behind these scientific formulas, there is a deadly gas that could well annihilate humanity. Now, it turns out that this is precisely the goal of Ares, the god of war. He is jealous of humanity, which is a creation of his father, the deceased Zeus (he was killed by Ares when he rebelled against him, with the help of the Amazons)…
    end of spoilers

Source: http://heroichollywood.com/ares-wond...an-images-hit/

Edit: Beat me to it lol. So glad we're getting Ares!!! Not to speculate on who is playing him. Thewlis or Huston? Hmm
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-10-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

At least the photos are good...

"Excerpt from the article: « Why did Zeus create the Amazons? Because shaping man in his image made his son Ares, incidentally a god of war, mad with jealousy, he convinces the guys to confront each other. To restore harmony between them, Zeus created the Amazons that Ares reduced to slavery. The Amazons revolt with the help of Zeus, who will die of the hand of his son having had time to find Themyscira, their haven of peace where they will grow Diana. (…) Diana Prince becomes Wonder Woman by helping Steve Trevor and a squad of proud arm-in-law in search of one who wants to wipe humanity off the map with deadly gas. »"

Gosh, I hate that. Zeus creating the amazons? Really? As if the female goddesses weren't forgotten enough.

And "shaping man in his image"??????? Zeus didn't even create mankind. Is this Christian theory or what
    Last edited by Joao; 01-10-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Edit: Beat me to it lol. So glad we're getting Ares!!! Not to speculate on who is playing him. Thewlis or Huston? Hmm
    I'm thinking Thewlis. I mean look at that guy! Would you ever think HE'S a freaking War God? I'm thinking they're going to go with him looking innocuous for most of the movie until it's time for the big reveal.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

So Ares is super jelly and wants to kill everyone...we might have another suicide squad on our hands, Enchantress too was super bummed that humans didn't worship her anymore so she was like "i gotta kill them all". I don't know, hopefully the movie's not as dumb as it sounds

How accurate is this site usually?

Folks, let's keep this all in one thread and not start spinoff threads for every individual announcement about the film.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I guess this confirms why she needed the "God Killer" sword to use in Man's World to begin with.

WOOOOOOOOOO ARES IS THE VILLAIN, ARES IS THE VILLAIN, ARES IS THE VILLAIN... not the duke of deception, but the original bad boy himself. I am SOOO happy and SOOO psyched to see this film. Not to mention relieved that its not the duke of hazard.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 01-10-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I guess this confirms why she needed the "God Killer" sword to use in Man's World to begin with.

WOOOOOOOOOO ARES IS THE VILLAIN, ARES IS THE VILLAIN, ARES IS THE VILLAIN... not the duke of deception, but the original bad boy himself. I am SOOO happy and SOOO psyched to see this film.
    Of course you realize that this doesn't mean the Duke isn't in the movie, right? David Thewlis' role is still unkown to us. Either he or Huston could be playing either character.

Either way? Yeah, still nice to know Ares isn't sitting out the first global human conflict in millennia.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Of course you realize that this doesn't mean the Duke isn't in the movie, right?
    Even if he is, he will play the role of a side-kick.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Even if he is, he will play the role of a side-kick.
    Which was his traditional role anyway.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    And "shaping man in his image"??????? Zeus didn't even create mankind. Is this Christian theory or what
    That's cool, I like that, I like when WW and WW-related characters do hugely important things though I can see it pissing off one or two religious zealots

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    That's cool, I like that, I like when WW and WW-related characters do hugely important things though I can see it pissing off one or two religious zealots
    I agree with Joao and the other people who felt uncomfortable that Zeus, and NOT Athena, Hera, Artemis (the Goddess not the amazon), or Aphrodite, was the creator of the Amazons. Zeus an amoral philanderer, who arguably did not treat women with the greatest respect, not only sired Diana but is responsible for creating her entire race. This is SO different than how she was originally conceived.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 01-10-2017 at 11:22 PM.

As I asked before, how accurate is this site usually?