Page 14 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Dawn of the Justice League invites viewers behind the scenes of the exciting new movies coming out of the DC Films universe. The special culminates with the thrilling world premiere of the all-new trailer for Suicide Squad, DC's misfit crew of antiheroes forced into saving the world this summer, with director David Ayer. Hosted by filmmaker/writer/lifelong comics fan Kevin Smith, with special guest DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns, the special showcases the explosive landscape of DC's greatest heroes, kicking off with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in theaters this March, and with a sneak peek from the upcoming Wonder Woman feature film.

Read more at: https://tr.im/jlHOY

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Connie Nielsen is Hippolyta:

Connie Nielsen, the Danish actress best known for playing a Roman queen in Gladiator, has joined the cast of Wonder Woman, Warner Bros.’ highly anticipated take on the DC icon.

Gal Gadot is playing the Amazonian princess and the cast already includes Chris Pine, portraying love interest Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, and Ewen Bremner. Pine recently said the movie is set during World War I.

Nielsen will play Hippoyta, the queen of the Amazons and mother of Princess Diana, aka Wonder Woman.

The movie is currently shooting in the UK and Italy, will be released June 23, 2017.

Nielsen’s recent credits include a stint on the Kevin Bacon crime drama The Following as well as The Good Wife. She also appeared in Nymphomanic Vol. 1.

Nielsen is repped by UTA, Lasher Group and Lichter Adler.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-womans-856255

BANNED

I am actually surprised at this, because I just thought Connie had disappeared off the face of the Earth when it came to making movies after Gladiator... last I actually heard, she was still dating Lars Ulric.

But with that said, if she can play the role like she played in Gladiator, then we aren't in any danger theres.
    "If only you had been born a man, what a Caesar you would have been."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am actually surprised at this, because I just thought Connie had disappeared off the face of the Earth when it came to making movies after Gladiator... last I actually heard, she was still dating Lars Ulric.

But with that said, if she can play the role like she played in Gladiator, then we aren't in any danger theres.
    she dated lars ulric? haha small world, I didn't knew about it.

Amazing Member

I'm guessing Robin Wright is either playing Hera or Circe. Hoping its Circe.

I'm surprised and disappointed that Wright isn't Hippolyta. I have no idea who she could be now.

I wish they would just say who is playing who now. Whats the big secret?
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Cassandra Cain was in Whedon's script and I wouldn't be surprised if Robin Wright was playing her, unless the whole film's set during world war I. And unless Hera plays a really meaty role in the movie, Robin Wright is wasted on her in my opinion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm surprised and disappointed that Wright isn't Hippolyta. I have no idea who she could be now.
    I guess a villain, baroness? or maybe even hera.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Cassandra Cain was in Whedon's script and I wouldn't be surprised if Robin Wright was playing her, unless the whole film's set during world war I. And unless Hera plays a really meaty role in the movie, Robin Wright is wasted on her in my opinion
    cassandra cain? what? she is a bat character.

BANNED

What does Cass Cain have to do with this?

And why would DC/WB kneecap themselves by casting a very white Wright as the very Asian Cassandra?

Do you mean Cassie Sandsmark?

BANNED

I meant Veronica Cale, sorry, I always mix up their names

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

She had a small role in the Good Wife and was really good

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It seems that Robin Wright will play Diana's aunt. From Variety: "The studio had originally sought Nicole Kidman for the role, but scheduling conflicts with her HBO show “Big Little Lies” forced her to pass on the project. Rumors had recently circulated about Wright’s role being rewritten to Hippolyta, but the studio kept Wright on as Diana’s aunt and cast Nielsen instead as her mother."

Source: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wo...en-1201681135/