Page 15 of 254 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It seems that Robin Wright will play Diana's aunt. From Variety: "The studio had originally sought Nicole Kidman for the role, but scheduling conflicts with her HBO show “Big Little Lies” forced her to pass on the project. Rumors had recently circulated about Wright’s role being rewritten to Hippolyta, but the studio kept Wright on as Diana’s aunt and cast Nielsen instead as her mother."

Source: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wo...en-1201681135/
    Antiope? If this is true, I would expect her to have a bigger role than just the prologue. Maybe she's even the one who helps her sister cover up the affair with Zeus. Or they're setting up some Amazons of Bana-Mighdall action.

Dare I hope that Savage Moon is the basis for the planned second film? *setting himself up for disappointment*

Damnnit double posted again. Not sure why it keeps doing it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Antiope? If this is true, I would expect her to have a bigger role than just the prologue. Maybe she's even the one who helps her sister cover up the affair with Zeus. Or they're setting up some Amazons of Bana-Mighdall action.

Dare I hope that Savage Moon is the basis for the planned second film? *setting himself up for disappointment*
    Wright could be Hera, sister/wife of Zeus. If Diana is the daughter of Zeus, Hera is her aunt.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-15-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

True, them Greek gods/goddesses loved their incest. Nielsen is a great choice (she was the initial choice to play Lara in MOS btw) And yes, I see Wright as Hera.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wright could be Hera, sister/wife of Zeus. If Diana is the daughter of Zeus, Hera is her aunt.
    Yeah someone said something similar on SHH! (do you post there as well? I mostly lurk, but have posted a few times). They may be calling her "Diana's aunt" for now to keep the Hera casting a surprise, but they wouldn't technically be lying.

Though I wonder if they'd dare delve into Zeus and Hera's incestuous relationship in a mainstream superhero film. I'm not sure how well known Hera being Zeus's sister as well as his wife is to the GA.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Yeah someone said something similar on SHH! (do you post there as well? I mostly lurk, but have posted a few times).
    I just lurk.

They may be calling her "Diana's aunt" for now to keep the Hera casting a surprise, but they wouldn't technically be lying.
    That's what I thought too.

Though I wonder if they'd dare delve into Zeus and Hera's incestuous relationship in a mainstream superhero film. I'm not sure how well known Hera being Zeus's sister as well as his wife is to the GA.
    I don't think it's well known. I have discovered it through Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-15-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Anyway, when you are among the first beings to emerge and that you all come from the same parents, you have to be related somehow right?
    So yeah, it's incestuous to us BUT if we follow the logic I've given in the beggining, there's not much choice xD

BANNED

Unless it actually plays a part in the movie or the relationships between characters, I don't honestly see why it needed to be brought up. Like I don't expect either we will get Athena's; mom eaten by dad, jumps out of his head fully grown and armored origins, nor Hephaestus'; he was ugly so he was thrown off a cliff origins.

Come to think of it, if anyone actually really went into all of this, the movie could end up being labled as a horror movie.

Fantastic Member

It sounds like they're getting the character right...

Chris Pine: "Gal Gadot...is beautiful, so talented, strong and the story is really one I think that needs to be out there," Pine said. "The simple fact of the matter is it's about a woman who's so strong with such physical ability that she could kick such ass but really at the end of the day leads with an incredible amount of compassion and love and hope for humanity and I think we need a lot of that right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post

Chris Pine: "Gal Gadot...is beautiful, so talented, strong and the story is really one I think that needs to be out there," Pine said. "The simple fact of the matter is it's about a woman who's so strong with such physical ability that she could kick such ass but really at the end of the day leads with an incredible amount of compassion and love and hope for humanity and I think we need a lot of that right now."
    AND he CAN'T say whether Lynda Carter is in the movie! Can't and wouldn't!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=RealWonderman;1732148]AND he CAN'T say whether Lynda Carter is in the movie! Can't and wouldn't!!![/QUOTE

Which pretty much means we can expect to see her in some capacity.

[QUOTE=Stromberg;1732234]
    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    AND he CAN'T say whether Lynda Carter is in the movie! Can't and wouldn't!!![/QUOTE

Which pretty much means we can expect to see her in some capacity.
    YES YES YES. Maybe another of the goddesses, or someone Gal meets in WWI who helps her a bit.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post

if it is the case seems like we will have a good wonder woman on movie verse.

pine is the perfect steve trevor

BANNED
    Last edited by Tayswift; 01-17-2016 at 07:00 PM.

BANNED

To me this looks like she was just told she couldn't carry her armaments while walking down to the shops.

"What do you mean I cant? It's perfectly normal."