Page 183 of 254 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3801
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Unfortunately, the French were only one faction in the war, also it seems we are getting into the Britsh side of the conflict.
    Also, the blood would still be on her hands because she was the one who lead them to that point.

I doubt it as well, I just think it's silly to complain about people killing each other in a war.
    Are we talking about Wonder Woman? she's not your run-of-the-mill soldier, it's not kill or get killed for her, or it shouldn't be.

And the British probably didn't kill POWs either, there were rules laid down at the Hague conventions concerning the rights of POWs and regardless of whether or not they violated them, in the DCEU they don't have to unless you want them to

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Where you kinda kneecap your own argument, as to why average joe Steve Trevor would be unable to handle Diana's bracelets while average joe Victor Stone manages to have 60% of his body replaced with the same material.
    Also it's already disproven that Diana and Vic has that kind of connection... because we actually see Vic getting built. Secondly... why Nth metal of all things? Likely the lightest metal in all of the DCU and primarily associated with a set of completely different characters, ones that do not appear in these movies as of yet. Why not Prometium? Or the more homely Amazonium or Femium? Or we could simply go with the mythological version and have the bracelets beeing reforged fragments of the Aegies... which was originally the hide of a goat, I think.
    No I mean Cyborg is pretty badly injured when Steppenwolf seizes the motherbox from him, and then they rebuild his body with Nth Metal provided by Wonder Woman. I know very little about Nth metal but I know it's a thanagarian metal with anti-magical properties. In the dceu though, Nth metal could be basically amazonium with a different set of properties, I can understand why they wouldn't want to call it "feminum" or "amazonium". Also I just remembered that the costume designer mentioned the bracelets had a "supernatural kind of power" on DC all access

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    Are we talking about Wonder Woman? she's not your run-of-the-mill soldier, it's not kill or get killed for her, or it shouldn't be.

And the British probably didn't kill POWs either, there were rules laid down at the Hague conventions concerning the rights of POWs and regardless of whether or not they violated them, in the DCEU they don't have to unless you want them to
    Perhaps not, but she will if she has to.

You are taking this as a kind of tale of chivalry, pretty certain it was not, in reality. Yes there are rules of engagement, but there is never any guarantee of them actually being followed. Take Saving Private Ryan as an example, the group American capture a German at one point and after scaring the dung out of him, lets him run off... later on he shows up again and kills atleast one of the americans, gets cornered with a bunch of others and gets shot while the others are told to bugger off.

No I mean Cyborg is pretty badly injured when Steppenwolf seizes the motherbox from him, and then they rebuild his body with Nth Metal provided by Wonder Woman. I know very little about Nth metal but I know it's a thanagarian metal with anti-magical properties. In the dceu though, Nth metal could be basically amazonium with a different set of properties, I can understand why they wouldn't want to call it "feminum" or "amazonium". Also I just remembered that the costume designer mentioned the bracelets had a "supernatural kind of power" on DC all access
    It's only anti-magic in the DCAU, where it has noting to do with flight. Also it seems kinda extreme to rebuild him with a metal that can't be easily replaced, like what are they going to do the next time he gets smashed? As for what to call it... I feel as if we've come back to Ann Wolfe playing Artemis, despite looking nothing like the character or sharing any of the traits. It's taking a name of a certain thing and slapping it on something else just for the recognition points. Just call it promethium or say its magic and no one will care what it really is.
    Which could mean anything... like being heavier than they look, a Thor-like enchantment, maybe they drain Diana of her extra-amazonian abilities and that they also affects humans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Frankly, I think it would be more interesting if Zeus asks Aphrodite to create a warrior race that combats the wanton destruction brought about by Ares's influence, but Aphrodite subverts Zeus's expectations of what such a race may be by producing a warrior race of only women who are meant to spread messages of peace, love and harmony in order to heal the world. It would not only be an imaginative nod to Elizabeth Holloway's important contribution to the creation of Wonder Woman, but it would also underscore the spirit of femininity that Marston believed in and why he thought "feminine traits" had the potential to be far more productive than harmful "masculine traits".
    That could be a better development than simply having it be Zeus's idea that Aphrodite carries out. But, would it make the most sense for Zeus to ask Aphrodite, the goddess of love, for a warrior race and not Athena, the goddess of wisdom and warfare? Maybe the sisters could work together on this?

Also, on the meta level, I understand your insights here regarding how it mimics Marston and his wife creating WW. I could buy into this more if I thought it was intentional.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thanks for posting the article. Fun read.

Now she has two things to celebrate this year.

'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot welcomes baby daughter Maya

Wonder Woman Gal Gadot just welcomed her own superhero-in-training to the family.

The 31-year-old actress and husband Yaron Versano announced the birth of their second daughter, Maya, with a happy (and pun-filled) Instagram post Monday.

Astonishing Member

Congratulations to Gal and her family!

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I can't believe people are riled up by Gal's armpit hair.
    I can't believe Greg Rucka hasn't weighed in agreeing with them.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Now she has two things to celebrate this year.

'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot welcomes baby daughter Maya

D'aaaaww! A new Wonder Tot!

Congrats, Gal!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I hope Diana still has an open identity in the DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Never thought I'd see so many people anxious to defend WW's lack of armpit hair.
    Have you MET US?? hahaha
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Have you MET US?? hahaha
    I think most of the complaints were about the apparent armpit CGI hair removal though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Have you MET US?? hahaha
    Lol. Good point. And, I am one of "us." I would passionately debate the importance of brunette Hippolyta before the board of directors. But, armpit hair? I never saw that one coming.

Although, it would be nice to live in a world where I could cgi any and all of my potential flaws away.

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger Heading To 'Wonder Woman'?

Those sneaky Twitter detectives noticed that both #PattyJenkins and #DC Films president Geoff Johns followed the 69-year-old Austrian-American actor on social media.

How Arnie would fit in anyway is a mystery, but his inclusion could set up a possible sequel, or an appearance in #JusticeLeague. A post-credits cameo could easily be tacked on the end of the film to entice audiences into cinemas, or Arnie could actually play a much bigger part. The film's villain is Ares, God of War, so Jenkins could be going down the CGI route to bring him to life with Schwarzenegger — we already saw this work with Josh Brolin for Thanos and Benedict Cumberbatch for Dormammu. Alternatively, some have suggested that he could be playing a small role like Zeus, added in the reshoots.
    Since the character Ares is addressed already, could he be Zeus in a small scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Lol. Good point. And, I am one of "us." I would passionately debate the importance of brunette Hippolyta before the board of directors. But, armpit hair? I never saw that one coming.

Although, it would be nice to live in a world where I could cgi any and all of my potential flaws away.
    Yes, yes I know!! haha

And Yes, brunette Hippolyta! I was actually disappointed about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Is Arnold Schwarzenegger Heading To 'Wonder Woman'?

Since the character Ares is addressed already, could he be Zeus in a small scene?
    As soon as I heard about this I thought Zeus. It would make sense to me, for some reason, with the build, age, and accent. Maybe the Gods have a similar accent to the Amazons, and he'd just have to adjust it a bit...