Page 185 of 254 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3801
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of Amazon breasts.
    Works for me!

Well, as long as they have BOTH of them, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Amazons of old never did this
    No. No they did not. Stupidest myth EVER!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 03-23-2017 at 07:08 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Amazons of old never did this
    Maybe not, but don't tell Gal that. She famously stated that line in an interview in which she also stated for 10000 shekels or something like that she could get breasts.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Maybe not, but don't tell Gal that. She famously stated that line in an interview in which she also stated for 10000 shekels or something like that she could get breasts.
    And we know for a fact she wasn't joking?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And we know for a fact she wasn't joking?
    I think we know for a fact that she WAS joking.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I think we know for a fact that she WAS joking.
    I don't think it was played for a joke. Here is her exact quote: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world," said Gadot. "Breasts ... anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go 'by the book' ... it'd be problematic."

I don't think it was played for a joke. Here is her exact quote: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world," said Gadot. "Breasts ... anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go 'by the book' ... it'd be problematic."
    Pretty damn sure she was joking.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I remember when she originally stated it and I took it, then and now, as 100% a joke. In fact, I don't recall anybody taking it seriously then, but I may have missed a post or two.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

You don't think "So, if I'd really go 'by the book' ... it'd be problematic." was supposed to be a joke? I'm about 1000% sure it is. In context, this was about people on the internet and news complaining that her breasts were too small to play Wonder Woman. She's had a GREAT sense of humor about that all along.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-24-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Maybe not, but don't tell Gal that.
    Lol I doubt she'd care either way. It was a pretty graceful and charming retort to the online pervs whining over her mammaries, one Diana herself would be proud of (and the mention of the shekels was a scathing insight into how silly and pointless it is to "prize" and "evaluate" women on the size of their breasts).

You don't think "So, if I'd really go 'by the book' ... it'd be problematic." was supposed to be a joke? I'm about 1000% sure it is. In context, this was about people on the internet and news complaining that her breasts were too small to play Wonder Woman. She's had a GREAT sense of humor about that all along.
    If I can hear her say it versus just reading a quote, then maybe I can determine if she was joking or not. But the way I read the quote, it just doesn't sound like she was joking. In fact, her erroneous statement about Amazon's having only one breast was meant, to me, to be a scathing put down of people complaining about her breast size.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol I doubt she'd care either way. It was a pretty graceful and charming retort to the online pervs whining over her mammaries, one Diana herself would be proud of (and the mention of the shekels was a scathing insight into how silly and pointless it is to "prize" and "evaluate" women on the size of their breasts).
    What it was was a calculated attempt to misrepresent the criticism she got for being twiggy. I like Gal Gadot but everything that comes out of that mouth is scripted by Warner Bros

If I can hear her say it versus just reading a quote, then maybe I can determine if she was joking or not. But the way I read the quote, it just doesn't sound like she was joking. In fact, her erroneous statement about Amazon's having only one breast was meant, to me, to be a scathing put down of people complaining about her breast size.
    It was a joke, directed at those people. Not a scathing put down. You can watch and listen to any interview where she talks about this topic. She jokes about it quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Bleh, Arnold needs to stay far, far away from this film.
    Agreed. Sigh.
    Yes, tripley agreed upon!

Ye gods and little fishes, AS needs to stay far away from this film! We will call upon hateful Hera to hear our plea and bannish AS to Hades dark domain. At least, until filming is complete, lol.

It was a joke, directed at those people. Not a scathing put down. You can watch and listen to any interview where she talks about this topic. She jokes about it quite often.
    If you can direct me to a link with her saying that exact quote I posted earlier, that would be helpful. I still don't think it was meant as a joke at the time.

If you can direct me to a link with her saying that exact quote I posted earlier, that would be helpful. I still don't think it was meant as a joke at the time.
    according to this website the interview containing the "Shekels" quote was in Hebrew and translated, but here's another interview with Conan that the matter comes up again. Conan jokes about the matter but Gal herself seems serious about it.

Last edited by Hagarwaen; 03-24-2017 at 09:11 AM.