Page 186 of 254 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3801

Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Hagarwaen View Post
    according to this website the interview containing the "Shekels" quote was in Hebrew and translated, but here's another interview with Conan that the matter comes up again. Conan jokes about the mater but Gal herself seems serious about it.

Come on. She's laughing and joking the entire time. And ends it by saying "after many creative conversations with Zack we decided to keep them both." You can't think that she is being serious.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-24-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Come on. She's laughing and joking the entire time. And ends it by saying "after many creative conversations with Zack we decided to keep them both." You can't think that she is being serious.
    yeah that part is clearly a joke, but when she starts talking about it (and mentions Archery) she seems serious, as in she really believes that Amazons did that.
    doesn't really matter to me though, my enjoyment of the movie doesn't depend on her breasts

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hagarwaen View Post
    yeah that part is clearly a joke, but when she starts talking about it (and mentions Archery) she seems serious, as in she really believes that Amazons did that.
    I'm confused. Aren't the Amazons mythical?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, even if they are real or 'mythical', I think Gal is confused because she is taking a character from a comic book universe with it's own set of rules and trying to apply them to the amazons of myth.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Well, even if they are real or 'mythical', I think Gal is confused because she is taking a character from a comic book universe with it's own set of rules and trying to apply them to the amazons of myth.
    Not confused. She was informed, or coached enough to use classic myths about Amazons in her VERY humorous argument about her breasts, their size, and expectations for Wonder Woman's. The whole thing is a joke. It's a joke for the people who had a problem with her breast size. Nothing more.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Kind of complex. Here's a Nat Geo article on the warrior women tribes who may have served as the inspirations for the legend of the Amazons: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ttoo-cannabis/

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Not confused. She was informed, or coached enough to use classic myths about Amazons in her VERY humorous argument about her breasts, their size, and expectations for Wonder Woman's. The whole thing is a joke. It's a joke for the people who had a problem with her breast size. Nothing more.
    No, I think confused is the best way to describe this. I don't think anyone with more than a casual knowledge of Wonder Woman thought for one second that we were going to have women with breasts cut off to depict them 'realistically' as Gal said.

For most people, it is just a comic book movie with impossible physics being done as well as magic and whatever other macguffins they can think of. For her to use a non-sensical argument about women cutting off their breasts to represent real amazons was just stupid, in my opinion.

She just should have said to people that she can be as skinny as she wants because she is playing an ass-kicking warrior that is powered by magic and can bench press mountains.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

The first Wonder Woman movie in history is about to come out in less than three months, and we're hotly debating a year-old comment from Gal addressing a bunch of trolls who were trying to body shame her?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Kind of complex. Here's a Nat Geo article on the warrior women tribes who may have served as the inspirations for the legend of the Amazons: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ttoo-cannabis/
    I remember reading about that a few years ago, but I didn't take from it that they were the ones Herodatus was writing about.

She just should have said to people that she can be as skinny as she wants because she is playing an ass-kicking warrior that is powered by magic and can bench press mountains.
    Other than the skinny part (I never said she should be Twiggy thin, only what we see in the vast number of films, television shows, and even in her own comic books), the rest is 100% accurate.

Other than the skinny part (I never said she should be Twiggy thin, only what we see in the vast number of films, television shows, and even in her own comic books), the rest is 100% accurate.
    I will still debate the 'skinny'. She may have gained weight and muscle, but nothing that would compare to a physique like Jessica Biel. She simply gained enough weight to call herself toned, yet still be able to carry off the model skinny look if she wanted to on the catwalk.

I will still debate the 'skinny'. She may have gained weight and muscle, but nothing that would compare to a physique like Jessica Biel. She simply gained enough weight to call herself toned, yet still be able to carry off the model skinny look if she wanted to on the catwalk.
    Yeah... I'm not going to debate this again with you for the umpteenth time, BTB. Just defending myself when you inserted me into your previous comment unprovoked.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Biological fact: women do not develop muscle mass anywhere near as fast or as easily as men do. She packed on 17 pounds of lean mass in the time they allotted her before they needed her for shooting. Even that is virtually superhuman for most women.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Biological fact: women do not develop muscle mass anywhere near as fast or as easily as men do. She packed on 17 pounds of lean mass in the time they allotted her before they needed her for shooting. Even that is virtually superhuman for most women.
    She got the part in Dec of 2013. She didn't even get on the big screen until the summer of 2016. The amount of people that said she would get 'jacked' for the role because of the Synder effect were numerous. She never got 'jacked'. With the amount of time she had to physically prepare for a role that didn't even come to fruition on the big screen until 2.5 years later is more than enough time for her to have put on mass and even acquire a more muscular physique. She didn't.

If she was so amazing when initially cast, why even go through more physical preparations then? It's not like many people expect for hollywood actresses to get buff like the men. Especially when all you need to say is the word 'magic', and that will explain why a twig (at the time she was cast) could bench press mountains or be as strong as Superman.

I still don't like the casting, but she could have made more of an impression on me and probably others if she had put on more muscle and shown what a typical amazon might look like from a warrior society. As it is, she is probably going to look very slight versus all the other cross-fit extras they cast as amazons.