Page 189 of 254 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3801

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Where does it say this?
    Where does what say what? The info I mentioned is in the article I posted.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Where does what say what? The info I mentioned is in the article I posted.
    The supergirl part.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    The supergirl part.
    Ah. That's still a rumor that started after MoS. It has been revived again recently...well, continued...

So, I got the new Wonder Woman movie Barbie in the mail. I'm not sure if you could really even call her a Barbie. Mattel has made a completely new mold for these figures. I'd for sure call it an Action Figure or Action Doll. She is more like the DC superhero girl dolls than Barbie. Very sturdy and muscular. She is definitely for playing with, and not a collector or display item. That's pretty cool, for kids. Well, I guess for me too. Ha ha.

I would recommend getting the shield action version though because the costume is a better quality. The lasso version is printed cloth. She's really pretty though, and looks like she could kick some ass.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-31-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

So, I got the new Wonder Woman movie Barbie in the mail. I'm not sure if you could really even call her a Barbie. Mattel has made a completely new mold for these figures. I'd for sure call it an Action Figure or Action Doll. She is more like the DC superhero girl dolls than Barbie. Very sturdy and muscular. She is definitely for playing with, and not a collector or display item. That's pretty cool, for kids. Well, I guess for me too. Ha ha.

I would recommend getting the shield action version though because the costume is a better quality. The lasso version is printed cloth. She's really pretty though, and looks like she could kick some ass.
    Congrats! On of the best parts about the upcoming movie is all the related merchandise. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Funko Pop figures. Although, I may have to paint Hippolyta's hair brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Congrats! On of the best parts about the upcoming movie is all the related merchandise. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Funko Pop figures. Although, I may have to paint Hippolyta's hair brown.
    Walmart has exclusives this month...I think Funko is May 1st though.

Ah. That's still a rumor that started after MoS. It has been revived again recently...well, continued...
    Wasn't there a mini comic associated with Man of Steel that clearly showed Kara was on the ship that crashed, and was in the open sleep pod? I think that was the hint of the Krptonian Amazons. Though I would rather they shy away from this as a backstory.

Astonishing Member

Walmart has exclusives this month...I think Funko is May 1st though.
    Thanks for the heads up - looks like I'll have to make a Walmart run.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Wasn't there a mini comic associated with Man of Steel that clearly showed Kara was on the ship that crashed, and was in the open sleep pod? I think that was the hint of the Krptonian Amazons. Though I would rather they shy away from this as a backstory.
    The part about the comic was correct, but the Kryptonian/Amazon part was pure speculation by fans based on the script on Wonder Woman's shield in BvS. People thought it looked Kryptonian but we know now it was Amazonian. There's also not really any possibility that could be true, because now we know Zeus asked Aphrodite to create the Amazons. (I guess that the original wandering Kryptonian could be the mother of the gods though...but that wouldn't be our Kara Zoe-El then.)

I have a feeling that if they are sticking with the mini comic version, then teenage Kara has been in stasis somewhere ever since. Maybe she took an escape pod into space and was trapped, or maybe she's sleeping frozen on Earth somewhere. But wherever she is, she's going to still be a teenager, I think, so she's been in suspended animation of some sort. Just my speculation. Or maybe they bag that whole thing, and stick to her current origin.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 04-01-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Update. The shield version doesn't stand up all the way and isn't really totally poseable. She has to be ready for her "action" which is cool, but they missed a bit on design on this one by not making her able to stand or have full articulation in her left arm.

The part about the comic was correct, but the Kryptonian/Amazon part was pure speculation by fans based on the script on Wonder Woman's shield in BvS. People thought it looked Kryptonian but we know now it was Amazonian. There's also not really any possibility that could be true, because now we know Zeus asked Aphrodite to create the Amazons. (I guess that the original wandering Kryptonian could be the mother of the gods though...but that wouldn't be our Kara Zoe-El then.)

I have a feeling that if they are sticking with the mini comic version, then teenage Kara has been in stasis somewhere ever since. Maybe she took an escape pod into space and was trapped, or maybe she's sleeping frozen on Earth somewhere. But wherever she is, she's going to still be a teenager, I think, so she's been in suspended animation of some sort. Just my speculation. Or maybe they bag that whole thing, and stick to her current origin.
    With the Man of Steel 2 movie in the works, and like you noted earlier possibly including Kara, I wonder if they will try and flesh this out. Although most probably with a different director than where Henry Cavill started out, all that backstory may wash away and go down a different path.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    With the Man of Steel 2 movie in the works, and like you noted earlier possibly including Kara, I wonder if they will try and flesh this out. Although most probably with a different director than where Henry Cavill started out, all that backstory may wash away and go down a different path.
    Yeah. I'm really interested to see what happens with this!

From Wondercon...just what I was hoping to hear!! Very relieved!!!

The next clip has #WonderWoman beating up a lot of German soldiers. She uses her sword for defense, not offense. #WonderConWB #WonderCon2017

People are going crazy! Apparently, she looks totally badass fighting. And she's not slaughtering men with her sword. Using it defensively.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 04-01-2017 at 05:35 PM.

From Wondercon...just what I was hoping to hear!! Very relieved!!!

The next clip has #WonderWoman beating up a lot of German soldiers. She uses her sword for defense, not offense. #WonderConWB #WonderCon2017

People are going crazy! Apparently, she looks totally badass fighting. And she's not slaughtering men with her sword. Using it defensively.
    Like she would handle a situation any other way? It's part of what makes me so excited about this movie. Rather than revenge-driven plots, or show-of-force to drive conformance, she is about understanding and respect first: action later if force is necessary. And very capable to deliver if it does come down to force.

This is sounding very positive.