Page 190 of 254 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3801
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    From Wondercon...just what I was hoping to hear!! Very relieved!!!

The next clip has #WonderWoman beating up a lot of German soldiers. She uses her sword for defense, not offense. #WonderConWB #WonderCon2017

People are going crazy! Apparently, she looks totally badass fighting. And she's not slaughtering men with her sword. Using it defensively.
    YES!!!

One less thing to argue about around here!

Grrrrr! Two months and some change left til we get a chance to see this awesomeness!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    YES!!!

One less thing to argue about around here!

Grrrrr! Two months and some change left til we get a chance to see this awesomeness!
    Give it a day. Someone will find something.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Like she would handle a situation any other way? It's part of what makes me so excited about this movie. Rather than revenge-driven plots, or show-of-force to drive conformance, she is about understanding and respect first: action later if force is necessary. And very capable to deliver if it does come down to force.

This is sounding very positive.
    I was a little worried after every time watching her on horseback, taking her sword to that German guard. I'm not much of a fan of the sword, but when I thought she was going to use it on regular humans it really worried me. It also really really surprise me, because it doesn't seem like something Patty...or Gal would do. I'm just glad to know that it's not. I presumed there would be a good explanation, I'm just glad that I'm getting it now and I don't have to worry about this anymore.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 04-01-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Wow!

DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer (and long-time comic book writer) Geoff Johns joined the panel, along with Jenkins, who said she “really shared a vision” with Johns.

Johns, serving as moderator, asked why Jenkins was excited to tell Wonder Woman’s origin story. “I love a superhero origin story, just because I think the birth of superheroes, for many of us, is the idea of being a child, or being a person, who connects with these kinds of characters, who can make a different in the world and be powerful,” Jenkins replied. The director shared her enthusiasm for the original “Superman” film, which she’s expressed multiple times while talking the film.
    Now that would have been something amazing to sit in on. Geoff Johns comes across as a polished presenter anyway. So hearing the two of them talk through influences and intent would be quite the experience.

I was a little worried after every time watching her on horseback, taking her sword to that German guard. I'm not much of a fan of the sword, but when I thought she was going to use it on regular humans it really worried me. It also really really surprise me, because it doesn't seem like something Patty...or Gal would do. I'm just glad to know that it's not. I presumed there would be a good explanation, I'm just glad that I'm getting it now and I don't have to worry about this anymore.
    I'll admit, I had my concerns as well. I'm also not a fan of Diana using a sword except under extreme circumstances. Fighting an army of powerless mortals is NOT extreme circumstances for Diana. I'd rather she not even draw the sword on a bunch of nonpowered opponents, but if she's skilled enough to use it while minimizing the carnage? That's better, at least.

Personally, I like the idea of Diana having a tiered response system to threats, similar to how police procedures for use of force are supposed to work. The more severe the threat, the more of her tools she brings to bear in response.

"Fighting regular mortals, low-level supers, or anyone Diana is trying to redeem?" Punches, kicks, and the Lasso will do just fine.

"Fighting her most potent enemies?" The sword may be appropriate.

"Fighting Justice League-level big Event threats?" Red Alert! Sword! Shield! Suit of armor that makes her almost impossible to damage! Additional magical artifacts from the Amazon Armory! Call in Cassie! Donna! Artemis! Grace Choi (no, I will NEVER stop pushing for her to join the Wonder Family for good!) Everyone! NOTHING should be held back!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 04-01-2017 at 07:00 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I can understand it being the first-ever live movie on the big screen. You never know what little twist a studio may throw at a traditional character. But everything we have heard from Patty Jenkins feels like she is a fan. So I am hoping that plays out on the screen like I assume it will.

{crosses finger, toes and eyes}

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I can understand it being the first-ever live movie on the big screen. You never know what little twist a studio may throw at a traditional character. But everything we have heard from Patty Jenkins feels like she is a fan. So I am hoping that plays out on the screen like I assume it will.

{crosses finger, toes and eyes}
    I'm assuming right along with you, my friend! Yes
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I'm so jealous right now, anybody knows if they plan on releasing the footage online?
    Last edited by enish; 04-02-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I'm so jealous right now, anybody knows if they plan on releasing the footage online?
    Haven't heard anything yet. If they decide to release it, they'll probably wait until Comic-Con. Something like this should be released on the biggest stage in comics.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Well, Wonder Woman will have already been released by then, if you meant the Sand Diego Comic Con

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Well, Wonder Woman will have already been released by then, if you meant the Sand Diego Comic Con
    *Checks dates*

Oops! I guess you're right.

In that case, I have no idea. Since this was actual movie footage, they may not release it online. They kinda want us to go see the movie, after all. Showing entire scenes may not be the best way to make that happen. This stuff was released at CinemaCon in order to build up hype.

I certainly hope they'll release it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

This is both heartwarming and sad

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2017/03/...-guys-hate-it/

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

If WW does ~600m I think we'll be safe for a sequel sometime.
    If it does anything ~700m or above I think we'll get one sooner rather than later.

I'm currently predicting it'll make somewhere between 600 & 700, I'm extremely confident it's gonna be met well critically (with WB showing clips etc at Cons and the reaction being positive) so that will only help it.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Reminds me of a few years ago, a guy at the gym wore a woman's tank top with the same insignia on the chest, but the WW was colored in yellow. Nobody seemed to notice it, lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If you are interested, this guy has posted 11 videos of Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns talking about the WW movie at WonderCon: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheConFluence1/videos