Page 192 of 254 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3801
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    About the boat scene: "He's like, 'who's your dad?' And she said: 'I don't have a dad, I was sculpted out of clay and my mom brought the clay to Zeus, and Zeus brought me to life'"

Yeah, nothing new, but I find the "my mom brought the clay to Zeus" pretty interesting
    Because like Morrison's Hippolyta used a longwinded notion of how Diana came to be, technically could be the same here? You use a longwinded and rather odd explanation in hopes you wont have to admit you had sex with someone who's now considered rather repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if the film will take this as canon or if it will revealed to be a lie a la Azarello?
    I think the complete line was quoted as "My Mother sculpted me from clay and I was brought to life by Zeus."
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I think the complete line was quoted as "My Mother sculpted me from clay and I was brought to life by Zeus."
    In the trailer she just shares with Steve that she was brought to life by Zeus, nothing more. The Collider meatheads may have seen/heard more of that scene, I just don't put much stock in their reporting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    In the trailer she just shares with Steve that she was brought to life by Zeus, nothing more. The Collider meatheads may have seen/heard more of that scene, I just don't put much stock in their reporting skills.
    Yes, I understand the line was edited for the trailer. The full quote was previously reported elsewhere a few times. I haven't seen what they have to say on collider.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1642...r?story_page=1

Cinema Blend has a good description of two of the fighting sequences of the movie. One of the scenes highlights her speed and agility.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

Cinema Blend has a good description of two of the fighting sequences of the movie. One of the scenes highlights her speed and agility.
    So definite proof of superspeed, agility, and durability in these sequences. Unless I misread, the article states that Diana is knocked into a building by a nearby explosion.

Love that they're confirming Diana's defensive use of her sword. Glad we can put that concern to bed. Diana won't be killing humans if she can avoid it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I read all these descriptions like

My hopes are really high, my friends

Great interview with Patty here.

So it looks like with Flash they're doing the lightning, while with Diana they're opting for a slow motion effect. Interesting,

It makes so much sense that WW would not go berserk on ordinary humans. It is true to the character! Of course she will not go at full strength and speed on those soldiers, she will use just enough speed and strength to get the job done all the while being precautious not to do more harm than necessary.
    I loved what I've read so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    So it looks like with Flash they're doing the lightning, while with Diana they're opting for a slow motion effect. Interesting,
    Maybe it is because they do not use the same kind of speed, and that the Flash is surely way faster than she is!

I believe that WW's speed is more on a physical level whereas The Flash's might have more to do with him playing with the rules of physics if we take the footage we saw. I think that WW is more like a super-powered athlete who excells in many areas.
    Last edited by enish; 04-05-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Maybe it is because they do not use the same kind of speed, and that the Flash is surely way faster than she is!

I believe that WW's speed is more on a physical level whereas The Flash's might have more to do with him playing with the rules of physics if we take the footage we saw. I think that WW is more like a super-powered athlete who excells in many areas.
    I've said this before so excuse me if I sound like a broken record, but why not have Diana do to normals like what Faora did to the army men? Non-lethally of course. This would look so much more bad-ass than slow motion leg sweeps and the like. This would surely show her speed, ala Faora, strength and skill, especially if she puts down all the men in a non-lethal fashion.

We'll actually have to wait until the movie is out, but if that's any indication to her power levels, I have watched a video review by Jody's Corner and his encounter with Patty Jenkins and his reaction to the clips,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWMWgwLzOuo

he and his buddy said something like "Wonder Woman felt like a blend of Captain America with Superman's powers" and "She's basically a carbone copy of Superman but who can actually fight". They also emphasized her warrior aspect noting that she uses her abilities and weapons to their full potentiel, something that Superman doesn't do or at least the DCEU Superman doesn't. And the difference from Superman is that she ain't no girlscout and that she is willing the cross the line for the greater good.

They described a sequence in which Diana is blown away by an explosion but she immediately recovers by using her shield to propel herself from the wall and get to a building through a window. And also, according to them, that sequence was way more impressive than the Batman fight sequence in the warehouse, stating that while Batman was confined in a room, Diana was all over the place.

Now, I haven't seen the footage myself but judging by their reaction, they were quite surprised and amazed at how her abilities were rendered in the footage.
    Last edited by enish; 04-05-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    We'll actually have to wait until the movie is out, but if that's any indication to her power levels, I have watched a video review by Jody's Corner and his encounter with Patty Jenkins and his reaction to the clips,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWMWgwLzOuo

he and his buddy said something like "Wonder Woman felt like a blend of Captain America with Superman's powers" and "She's basically a carbone copy of Superman but who can actually fight". They also emphasized her warrior aspect noting that she uses her abilities and weapons to their full potentiel, something that Superman doesn't do or at least the DCEU Superman doesn't. And the difference from Superman is that she ain't no girlscout and that she is willing the cross the line for the greater good.

They described a sequence in which Diana is blown away by an explosion but she immediately recovers by using her shield to propel herself from the wall and get to a building through a window. And also, according to them, that sequence was way more impressive than the Batman fight sequence in the warehouse, stating that while Batman was confined in a room, Diana was all over the place.

Now, I haven't seen the footage myself but judging by their reaction, they were quite surprised and amazed at how her abilities were rendered in the footage.
    I still notice with all these revelations about Diana and how she is being used sounds like it is going to be good, but where are the people also stating how cool it was when she was flying and doing her super cool stunts?

Still nothing about her flying abilities yet. Other heroes seem to have their powersets intact, or have even more than what is shown in the comics, yet Wonder Woman is still the same....an inconsistent powerset that varies from reboot to reboot to animated movies and now her own live action one.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I still notice with all these revelations about Diana and how she is being used sounds like it is going to be good, but where are the people also stating how cool it was when she was flying and doing her super cool stunts?

Still nothing about her flying abilities yet. Other heroes seem to have their powersets intact, or have even more than what is shown in the comics, yet Wonder Woman is still the same....an inconsistent powerset that varies from reboot to reboot to animated movies and now her own live action one.
    If Diana flies, it'll probably be near the end of the movie, when we see her rising into the sky. That clip has not been shown yet.

And even if she doesn't fly in this movie, she can always acquire the power to fly later. Just like Superman may break out Super Breath, Microscopic Vision, and any number of other things he's been known to do in the past.

As it stands? Flight is pretty much the only power Diana may not have in this universe. She's got super-strength, super-speed, super-toughness, Bullets and Bracelets, the Lasso, magic weapons, and even some kind of energy blast power. Flight is the only power she's missing from her classic power set, and that's a power she can easily gain later. In the meantime? She's apparently doing just fine being awesome without flight, so I really don't see a problem here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--