Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3801

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I still notice with all these revelations about Diana and how she is being used sounds like it is going to be good, but where are the people also stating how cool it was when she was flying and doing her super cool stunts?
    Well if no clips of her actually flying have been shown, people can't be wowed yet!

For now, we have only seen her battle against humans in her solo movie, but from what Patty has said, we also know that she adapts to her opponent's power level, it may be her personal belief that one must not over-kill your opponent especially when there are other solutions, like for example just hurt them really bad, bad enough to be incapacitated.

I know you want it so bad that she just would have to speedblitz normal humans in combat, but maybe she just loves to do all those crazy moves? Who knows!

She is yet to discover the extent of her powers in the solo movie, so yeah, if she is bound to fly, that may be by the end of the movie when she can finally unleash her full powers against a god.

Now I know some might say "that ain't no feat to kill Ares since that's what she was designed for", okay, then I would also ask : Why wasn't Zeus or any of the other gods able to kill Ares back then? If they can create a whole race capable of neutralizing a god and finally create 1 being capable of killing that god, then why aren't they themselves able to do so?

Still nothing about her flying abilities yet. Other heroes seem to have their powersets intact, or have even more than what is shown in the comics, yet Wonder Woman is still the same....an inconsistent powerset that varies from reboot to reboot to animated movies and now her own live action one.

That power wave thing is actually an addition to her powerset as it is, because she doesn't use it in the comics, not that way!
    There are few accounts of her banging her bracelets together, but it was never to the extent of being able to create a wave of energy at will.
    Last edited by enish; 04-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    "Lining the halls of Hades?" We still don't know just how lethal her attack on those soldiers is. Zorro fought his way through armies of thugs, inflicting only superficial wounds. No reason Diana may not do the same thing. And if she DOES kill ....
    By now way off topic, and not trying to detract from your point which stands, but just an FYI;
    People have a real misconstrued vision of Zorro, Classic pulp McCulley Zorro had no compunction about killing when necessary.
    The scaring of faces with a bloody Z, was him being nice.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I've said this before so excuse me if I sound like a broken record, but why not have Diana do to normals like what Faora did to the army men? Non-lethally of course. This would look so much more bad-ass than slow motion leg sweeps and the like. This would surely show her speed, ala Faora, strength and skill, especially if she puts down all the men in a non-lethal fashion.
    I wish everything around her was slow motion while she moved normal speed. That way we could see her fight but show it kind of like from her perspective.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I wish everything around her was slow motion while she moved normal speed. That way we could see her fight but show it kind of like from her perspective.
    This would make more sense to me. Watching a slow motion leg sweep when everyone else is also in slow motion just makes it seem worse to me.

BANNED

So...if the film is a global smash (**fingers crossed**), who/what can we expect (or what do we hope) for the inevitable sequel? Circe? Cheetah? Cyber? Silver Swan and Dr. Psycho? Will we ever see Etta and Steve again? Will Patty Jenkins helm it?

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    So...if the film is a global smash (**fingers crossed**), who/what can we expect (or what do we hope) for the inevitable sequel? Circe? Cheetah? Cyber? Silver Swan and Dr. Psycho? Will we ever see Etta and Steve again? Will Patty Jenkins helm it?
    Following DC's logic of Man of steel>BvS>JL 1 and 2 for Snyder and SS>Gotham City Sirens for Ayer, I'm pretty sure Patty would be on the sequel. And I hope we get some Cheetah! If Ares is the most powerful, Cheetah is the most iconic. It'd be sad not to use her. She can be a joke on the comics, but Rucka's version proves she can be really terrifying and empathetic.

If Warner Bros. Leave Patty alone, i'm sure she would love to do a sequel. But for some reason, I see them chasing her away.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member

Well, I don't think we can "expect" anything this early. Not only is it questionable that the first WW movie is going to succeed, due, mainly (imo), to timing and (lack of) promotion, but, also, because WB doesn't really seem to have a firm handle on their super hero plans. Given that they're still struggling to get Flash made, plans for Shazam were changed, Aquaman got pushed back, and even the Batman movie is dragging its feet, I seriously doubt WB, themselves, would know what to do with a WW sequel.

Nonetheless, assuming it is a success, it would make sense to bring the director back, assuming she wants to, of course. And, I agree with Joao, Rucka's Cheetah storyline could work really well.

Etta Candy being a heroic historical figure AND a woman ..creates the plausibility of Wonder Woman meeting one of her namesakes, somewhere in the world, in the future. She needn't be English, but could just as easily be white, Asian, black, Latino or biracial. So, don't count Etta out, after WWI's behind them, and maybe, Steve will be cloned by Darkseid, forcing the JL to rescue him; maybe, ARGUS will do it.

Maybe, Doctor Cyber would make a good villain for the present day, as we are in the Cyber Age, now - sort of a no-brainer, really. Please, please, ..please...no Circe for Wonder Woman II (if we get one), after the first film bringing us Ares.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-07-2017 at 06:34 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Wow, that will really amp up WW in terms of merchandise and getting her name (and wonders) out to the masses, and to those who are not familiar with Diana (and yes, there are those people who don't know of her!).

Can't wait to see all the items!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, that will really amp up WW in terms of merchandise and getting her name (and wonders) out to the masses, and to those who are not familiar with Diana (and yes, there are those people who don't know of her!).

Can't wait to see all the items!
    Walmarts already have HUGE Wonder Woman toy displays, and signage when you walk in the stores. (I've been buying them up and selling on ebay for a week now.)

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Walmarts already have HUGE Wonder Woman toy displays, and signage when you walk in the stores. (I've been buying them up and selling on ebay for a week now.)
    Ah, didn't know that. I am due for a Walmart trip. Will check it out! Thanks!

How are the sales going for you? Are people excitedly buying up the goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, didn't know that. I am due for a Walmart trip. Will check it out! Thanks!

How are the sales going for you? Are people excitedly buying up the goodies?
    Yes! I had to go from buying and selling a couple, to waiting until the end of the days sales to buy up the stock at the store to ship! And they are selling for more than double the cost at the store.