Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    I am so hyped for this. You don't even know. My body is so ready.
    I just really hope the cast is amazing. As well as the locations in which they are filming
    If they use the Temple of Hera for one of their sets, I will lose my mind.

Does anyone know who the director is?

Wonder Woman is starting to film in my birthday month, so I know good things are going to happen with this.
    And this is 2015, they are wasting no time with this, and I love it.
    Patty Jenkins, who directed that film Monster starring Charlize Theron.

Those would be some hot acquisitions of they can land them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Variety reporter Justin Kroll said Cate Blanchett passed on a role in Wonder Woman: https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/642550535434797056
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-12-2015 at 02:45 AM.

BANNED

From the TV/Movie board: According to HeroicHollywood, Sean Bean and Eva Green are possibly being eyed for the parts of Ares and Circe.

CBR post.

I'd be thrilled with Green playing Circe, if she plays the part like she did Artemisia.
    Bean playing Ares... not sure really, but if this is the case it seems a bit like they are just going with a boring generic visual interpretation of Ares rather than something more interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    From the TV/Movie board: According to HeroicHollywood, Sean Bean and Eva Green are possibly being eyed for the parts of Ares and Circe.

CBR post.

I'd be thrilled with Green playing Circe, if she plays the part like she did Artemisia.
    Bean playing Ares... not sure really, but if this is the case it seems a bit like they are just going with a boring generic visual interpretation of Ares rather than something more interesting.
    You would rather have the Chiang version of Ares?!?

I'm so excited by that rumor, but...

Ares and Circe are two of Wonder Woman's biggest, baddest big bads. Having both of them in the film would leave little for a sequel, IMO, in terms of big, evil, powerful plotters. Unless, which would most likely be the case, Ares dies and Circe lives to strike back in a sequel. But I really hope they don't make Circe a lesser villain than Ares (or, shudder, a subordinate/minion of Ares). I've been dying for a major female villain in a comic movie. Eva Green would do an amazing job as Circe, IMO. Sean Bean is always great, but it's no secret I'm a fan of an eye candy Ares.

Considering Miyabe's track record, they both might be in the movie, but they might be different parts altogether (see: the Chris Pine fiasco).

Maybe the Bean is going to be Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm so excited by that rumor, but...

Ares and Circe are two of Wonder Woman's biggest, baddest big bads. Having both of them in the film would leave little for a sequel, IMO, in terms of big, evil, powerful plotters. Unless, which would most likely be the case, Ares dies and Circe lives to strike back in a sequel. But I really hope they don't make Circe a lesser villain than Ares (or, shudder, a subordinate/minion of Ares). I've been dying for a major female villain in a comic movie. Eva Green would do an amazing job as Circe, IMO. Sean Bean is always great, but it's no secret I'm a fan of an eye candy Ares.
    They could have them as villains across films. It seemed to more or less work fine for the X-movies.

I'd actually set it up that Ares is the big bad, only for Circe to subvert him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Considering Miyabe's track record, they both might be in the movie, but they might be different parts altogether (see: the Chris Pine fiasco).

Maybe the Bean is going to be Zeus.
    Worst case for me would be Bean as the First Born and Green as Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hey if it's true maybe Bean can avoid getting killed this time
    He's gonna die if he's in the movie. Just learn to accept it.
    I think if done right, first born can be a fine addition to the Wonder Woman rogues.

Imagine that man in the movie.
    Last edited by kivatt; 09-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's possible that one of them could be the main villain while the other would be a more "shadowy mastermind" type who will become more prominent in a potential sequel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    You would rather have the Chiang version of Ares?!?
    I prefer the unique interpretations, so yes, I'd prefer that. Otherwise they might as well hire the guy who played Ares in the Wrath of the Titans movie, and when they are done, they can lend him out to Marvel when they get around to making a Hercules movie.

Ugh god no. That'd be a waste of both actors.

I'm doing a re-read of the Azzarello run, and I'm coming away with a more positive impression of it. However, those two still really suck.

BANNED

They would need someone bigger than Bean if they were adding the First Born. That said, FB is Hulk sized so perhaps he'd best remain a CGI character... which will look terrible because he looks like a normal human when leaving out his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    They would need someone bigger than Bean if they were adding the First Born. That said, FB is Hulk sized so perhaps he'd best remain a CGI character... which will look terrible because he looks like a normal human when leaving out his size.
    Maybe if they used his design from the latter parts of the run it might work: the burned skin, the horns, blood/vein cape, etc.
    It was the more visually interesting look, and would translate to an all-CGI character better.