Page 201 of 254 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3801

And the Amazons themselves aren't mere mortals, so you can get away by calling the daughter of a god and an immortal warrior queen a "goddess".

This movie looks even better in the three 30 seconds television ads.
    I think Patty Jenkins was a lucky break for Wonder Woman.
    Everything about the movie looks exciting and fun and beautiful and
    romantic and wickedly evil.
    Love the facial expressions Gal uses and how she and Chris Pine feed off each other.
    crossing fingers enough feel the same way and movie is a big Summer hit.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, even in the old myths, not all gods were the child of two gods. Some of Zeus's children with mortals were a lot more powerful than others.
    Yep. And some of them even started off mortal and became gods later.

Heracles? Only became a god after his mortal "death."

Dionysus? Started mortal and eventually ascended to godhood.

And technically, other gods exist in Greek mythology that are nowhere near as powerful as the Olympians. Technically, dryads are "small 'g' gods." The Greeks just seemed to define "gods" as "immortal and possessing some amount of power."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Also, in a 30 second ad, 'Godess' sounds way more impressive!

Mighty Member

Wonder Woman Sneak Peek Airing During Gotham Tonight

Fans of FOX’s Batman prequel series Gotham will get to see a sneak peek of Warner Bros.’ highly anticipated film Wonder Woman during a commercial break in tonight’s episode, ‘These Delicate and Dark Obsessions‘. Wonder Woman will be the fourth entry in the DC Extended Universe following Man of Steel in 2013, Batman V Superman in 2016 and Suicide Squad in the same year.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Source
    *Double checks his DVR to make sure Gotham is set to record.*

YES!!! Looking forward to this! Let the Diana Hype BEGIN!!!!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Do you think the film will have an end credit sequence? If so, what do you think it might be??? A teaser for Justice League seems most obvious but man, I would love a little snippet that also hinted at a future Wonder Woman film (fingers crossed!),

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Source
    Nice! Gonna have to chk that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Do you think the film will have an end credit sequence? If so, what do you think it might be??? A teaser for Justice League seems most obvious but man, I would love a little snippet that also hinted at a future Wonder Woman film (fingers crossed!),
    I haven't read anything on it having one. Who knows though; maybe?

If it does have an end credit scene, I hope it involves setting up a future movie for her.

I'm sure at the end of the movie there will be some buildup for the Justice League movie. It's looking likely that the movie will feature Diana telling Bruce her story. Stands to reason that the movie will end with Diana finishing the story and agreeing to work with Bruce to build the League. That may or may not be an end-credit scene. It think it'll work better if it's part of the movie's structure.

In that case, an end credit scene (if there is one) should be a way to build up Diana's next movie. Maybe have Dr. Barbara Minerva excavating some important artifact? Maybe Circe watches Diana from her home on Aeaea and contemplates what to do about her?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I would die if they did a take on this. We find out Steve, somehow, is still alive and young and with her in the future. We see her walking and talking to someone and its Steve, they hear some trouble happening, and she takes off running after it. An intro to a minor villain (Because Cheetah should should a bigger reveal.)

Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, even in the old myths, not all gods were the child of two gods. Some of Zeus's children with mortals were a lot more powerful than others.
    They were never "gods" or "goddesses", they were heroes, demigods, "god-like" whatever. But those like Hercules or the Wine God who ended up becoming official Olympians/gods, never had two god parents but through their acts or approval from mystical forces became gods/goddesses.

In the myths all around the world, gods usually had immortality (or lived very long), power to influence something (like weather) and a band of worshipers who prayed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And the Amazons themselves aren't mere mortals, so you can get away by calling the daughter of a god and an immortal warrior queen a "goddess".
    I know, but they kept on talking about her demigod origins way back, so I found it odd but I guess "Goddess" sounds a lot more appealing and easier to say in marketing campaigns than "demigoddess".
    Last edited by Troian; 05-01-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Did anyone see the sneak peak? Anything new?
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. And some of them even started off mortal and became gods later.

Heracles? Only became a god after his mortal "death."

Dionysus? Started mortal and eventually ascended to godhood.

And technically, other gods exist in Greek mythology that are nowhere near as powerful as the Olympians. Technically, dryads are "small 'g' gods." The Greeks just seemed to define "gods" as "immortal and possessing some amount of power."
    Dion and Herc became gods. I don't think Diana has became a goddess yet. Technically speaking, a god is usually someone whose typically immortal and possessing an power over a field or area, but also must be worshiped or prayed to by a group of people.

I've already said though that it's probably because "Goddess" sounds more appealing to say than Demigoddess, even though they said Diana's a demigod or something to that accord.

Regardless of title, I'm hyped. It's just a month and a week away for me (I don't go when it's first released).

Last edited by richalex; 05-01-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Richard Alexander

"The Gods created the Amazons to restore peace to the world."

Patty Jenkins, I love you!

And yet another scene in which Diana demonstrates a.......somewhat casual relationship with gravity. That sliding attack when she's fighting the Germans? Yeah, that COULD just be a standard Hollywood-fu kind of stunt, but once again, Physics suggests that just pushing off the ground really hard should not allow you to move like that.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--