Page 202 of 254 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3801

Vanguard, I agree with what you said in the other thread. These spots are even better than the trailers. I also liked the tease for this sneak peek that played on "All the world's waiting for you, Wonder Woman". I think they should embrace the iconic status and pop-cultural influence of the character and play it up in this last stretch of marketing. She deserves to be aggrandised.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I know, but they kept on talking about her demigod origins way back, so I found it odd but I guess "Goddess" sounds a lot more appealing and easier to say in marketing campaigns than "demigoddess".
    To be fair, calling her "demigoddess" further illustrates her similarity to Hercules (and also downplays Hippolyta's own power as Queen of an immortal race). So I'm good with plain old majestic Goddess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    I'm surprised at the lack of comments regarding how Diana ended up with the last name Prince. I think it is so beautifully simple and funny. Smart writing.
    I am sure that somebody will complain about how "sexist" it is that in the film Steve Trevor "forced" her to use that name.

BANNED

I am happy with "goddess"; I think it's silly to nitpick about the technicality of demi versus full-on goddess. "Goddess" is a commonly used term when talking about an awe-inspiring, accomplished, admirable, powerful woman, and it perfectly fits with not just what Wonder Woman (the character) inspires in people, but with her mythological background. I hope that there is a post-credit scene that hints at a future villain (Silver Swan? Cheetah? Psycho?), but I hope that they don't announce it so people kinda discover it through word of mouth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Look at the way she moves...

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Look at the way she moves...

Seriously, I don't think we've seen fight choreography this good looking since.....what? The Matrix movies? 300?

It's definitely up there. Unless these spots are literally ALL the good moments from the movie, this movie looks like it's going to hit all the right notes. Great action, humor, adventure, heart.....you name it, this movie looks like it has it.

.............Dang it! Is it next month yet?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Seriously, I don't think we've seen fight choreography this good looking since.....what? The Matrix movies? 300?

It's definitely up there. Unless these spots are literally ALL the good moments from the movie, this movie looks like it's going to hit all the right notes. Great action, humor, adventure, heart.....you name it, this movie looks like it has it.

.............Dang it! Is it next month yet?
    Oh yeah, everything looks good about that movie. 90% on RT.

Guys! Check this out, it is a longer version of one of the TV spots.

There's a shot that seems to show Diana actually flying at around 0:21
    There are also a ton of never before seen footage in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXezXJXveAQ&sns=fb

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Guys! Check this out, it is a longer version of one of the TV spots.

There's a shot that seems to show Diana actually flying at around 0:21
    There are also a ton of never before seen footage in this:

Capture.jpg

If that isn't flying, I don't know what is. lol
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Capture.jpg

If that isn't flying, I don't know what is. lol
    Some might say : she is just wonder-leaping

But I don't buy it. That is flight to me. There's also a split second shot of her really high in the sky, she can't be just jumping.

Richard Alexander

I'm surprised by the amount of new footage we get, I was one of those who thought that the marketing campain was somewhat lacking, but it looks like they're catching up xD

I like it, they show a lot but not too much. I guess they will end up showing us Ares.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Well, from her body position, it does look like she could be jumping. Of course, she'd hardly be the first flying superhero to use a jump to begin flying, so that's not saying much.

Other highlights from this spot?

1.) We clearly see Steve bound with the Lasso on Themiscyra. That pretty much guarantees that it will either have the mind control power and/or the tell-the-truth power. Why tie a guy up with your fancy glowy rope, if an ordinary rope would do the same job of holding him in place? No, they are clearly interrogating him and are expecting the Lasso to insure his truthful response to their questions.

2.) We finally see it for certain. She. Lifts. A. TANK! She is clearly holding several tons of metal over her head, and she doesn't even look like it's a strain for her. She looks like she could handle a MUCH greater weight if she had to. Super-strength? CONFIRMED! (Not that it was ever really in doubt.)

3.) Yay! Finally get to see the full-color version of that famous photo!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

But I don't buy it. That is flight to me. There's also a split second shot of her really high in the sky, she can't be just jumping.
    Yeah, but what could she be jumping off of? Maybe its a glide, she can control her decent, speed and direction. But its not true flight.
    Richard Alexander

Looks like there's a hill below her, with the top of those trees. She could have jumped from there. If she's just jumping, she'd better have well calculated her propulsion impulse because otherwise there's a chance she might end up in the river xD

But I honestly believe that she can fly.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Wonder Leap. If it isn't, and she is actually flying, why do the people putting together these trailer edits only linger on these shots for a split second? And why, in all these shots can one make the argument (better than the flying argument) that she is leaping/jumping?

Why does Cyborg definitively fly in the Justice League trailer, yet with Wonder Woman we get the diehard fans like us trying our best to determine if she is superleaping, possibly flying, or maybe levitating? She didn't fly in BvS, yet we are to believe that she will in her own movie that takes place before the BvS timeline? There were plenty of circumstances in which her flying into combat against Doomsday would have made sense versus the superleaps we saw. What if Doomsday had moved after she had jumped? She would have missed and sailed away until she landed for her next leap. Flying would obviously take any mistakes from her jumping and missing her target out of the question.

But maybe her superleaps don't go as fast as her riding on a horse to battle. That would explain her need to ride one.

And maybe, since I have little doubt this tidbit of her flying won't get settled any time soon based on how these trailers have been designed, should we just not wait for the few days left until the movie comes out and then we can settle the argument. The trailer has shown quite a few slo-mo edits in the fighting sequences so I have no doubt some of her superleaps were slo-mo'ed to the point that it can look like flying based on the trailer edits.