Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3801
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    No one will gush over a movie if he or she considers it mediocre.

YOU may find it mediocre, but that doesn't mean that other people will agree with your assessment.

I gush over BvS because I vehemently reject the claims that it was bad or mediocre. To me, it was great and I will continue to believe it to be great no matter what the critics or other fans claim. The same will be true of this movie. If I think it's bad or mediocre, I'll say that it's bad or mediocre. If I think it's great, I'll call it great, and I will defend that position against all comers.

Your opinion of a movie is not an objective fact.
    What the hell are you talking about? When have I said that my opinion of how I like a movie is an objective fact?

My feeling is that I already know which posters will absolutely gush over this movie, even if it is average or mediocre. I didn't think BvS was a good movie, but you did. So we have differing opinions on a movie, but when have I said that my opinion is fact?

If you respond to my posts/opinions in a negative manner, I can't help that. I tend to be skeptical or glass half empty side until I see the finished product.

I have already stated that I don't like the casting of Gal Gadot. I know others here have basically called her the greatest casting ever and so on. Maybe she will be good, but I won't comment on that until seeing the movie. Her 7 minutes and limited vocabulary in the BvS movie didn't tell me much. I also don't have a lot of faith in the DCEU yet because I haven't totally geeked out yet to any of their movies. But again, it is all opinion from me, and nothing stated as fact!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? When have I said that my opinion of how I like a movie is an objective fact?

My feeling is that I already know which posters will absolutely gush over this movie, even if it is average or mediocre. I didn't think BvS was a good movie, but you did. So we have differing opinions on a movie, but when have I said that my opinion is fact?

If you respond to my posts/opinions in a negative manner, I can't help that. I tend to be skeptical or glass half empty side until I see the finished product.

I have already stated that I don't like the casting of Gal Gadot. I know others here have basically called her the greatest casting ever and so on. Maybe she will be good, but I won't comment on that until seeing the movie. Her 7 minutes and limited vocabulary in the BvS movie didn't tell me much. I also don't have a lot of faith in the DCEU yet because I haven't totally geeked out yet to any of their movies. But again, it is all opinion from me, and nothing stated as fact!
    You said that some people will gush about a movie even if it's bad or mediocre. That implies that these people (myself included) will gush about this movie even if we secretly know it wasn't that great.

People do not gush about movies unless they feel they deserve to be gushed over. Hence? The people who gush clearly don't share the assessment that the movie is bad or mediocre.

That implies that if YOU think the movie is bad or mediocre, you'll just be rejecting every "gusher" as just denying the "truth" that the movie was bad or mediocre.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

You said that some people will gush about a movie even if it's bad or mediocre. That implies that these people (myself included) will gush about this movie even if we secretly know it wasn't that great.

People do not gush about movies unless they feel they deserve to be gushed over. Hence? The people who gush clearly don't share the assessment that the movie is bad or mediocre.

That implies that if YOU think the movie is bad or mediocre, you'll just be rejecting every "gusher" as just denying the "truth" that the movie was bad or mediocre.
    Totally false assumption on your part. If the movie is mediocre or average to me, that is just an opinion. I think the movie will probably be a better than the average DCEU since Snyder is not directing it. But, he is still involved in the project as a producer which does not give me positive feelings on that point.

If the general feel of the movie tends toward the negative or mediocre, I still believe there will be many posters here that will say otherwise. Which is fine, it is all opinions. Yet, the same way posters will defend any type of criticism, valid or not on something like the AZZ run, I feel that might be the same situation with the Wonder Woman movie. Many will have to save 'face' after all the positive gushing that has been going on this board with each new picture or teaser that we see.

The point will all be moot once we see the movie. Like I said, I tend to believe towards a cup half full right now, and think the movie will be well received. And maybe the flying situation will be resolved and lets hope and pray to god it is not gliding on air currents or just levitation.

BANNED

Thats solely your opinion; your assumption of what this guy thinks or means is absolutely not a fact. Its an assumption. He is entitled to his opinions, even if he is (which I am not saying that he is) in the minority. He is not attacking your opinion, or stating the obvious that your opinion is not an objective fact. Nor is he using passive aggressiveness to attack anybody over having an opinion.

BANNED

Totally false assumption on your part. If the movie is mediocre or average to me, that is just an opinion. I think the movie will probably be a better than the average DCEU since Snyder is not directing it. But, he is still involved in the project as a producer which does not give me positive feelings on that point.

If the general feel of the movie tends toward the negative or mediocre, I still believe there will be many posters here that will say otherwise. Which is fine, it is all opinions. Yet, the same way posters will defend any type of criticism, valid or not on something like the AZZ run, I feel that might be the same situation with the Wonder Woman movie. Many will have to save 'face' after all the positive gushing that has been going on this board with each new picture or teaser that we see.

The point will all be moot once we see the movie. Like I said, I tend to believe towards a cup half full right now, and think the movie will be well received. And maybe the flying situation will be resolved and lets hope and pray to god it is not gliding on air currents or just levitation.
    Flying is a big deal to me too; and I am not ashamed to say that. I expect Wonder Woman to have all her powers in this movie and every movie that either bares her name or will have her featured.

I personally think, though, that Patty Jenkins is just trying to generate conversation and hype about the movie which is why she has not reveled if she can fly or not. If you notice how the trailers basically repeat the same scenes over and over again, its because she doesn't want to give anything away. I believe she wants this film to be epic because she will go down in history as the first ever director (female, male or otherwise) to direct Wonder Woman on the silver screen. She has a lot riding on this movie as well, which is why I think it will succeed. I actually think she has flown in many of the scenes that nobody has even bothered to mention such as her holding the tank: it seemed like she was levitating upward and downward, if you watched it in slow motion. But my friend, as Wonder Woman fans, we have been screwed over so many times; it is not unsurprising that you would be skeptical of this film. I still am to some extent but I am 90% hyped for this film.

Gal Gadot was not my first second or even fifteenth choice as a candidate to portray Wonder Woman, but at this point, I am like, it is what it is. She is not the worst choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Flying is a big deal to me too; and I am not ashamed to say that. I expect Wonder Woman to have all her powers in this movie and every movie that either bares her name or will have her featured.

I personally think, though, that Patty Jenkins is just trying to generate conversation and hype about the movie which is why she has not reveled if she can fly or not. If you notice how the trailers basically repeat the same scenes over and over again, its because she doesn't want to give anything away. I believe she wants this film to be epic because she will go down in history as the first ever director (female, male or otherwise) to direct Wonder Woman on the silver screen. She has a lot riding on this movie as well, which is why I think it will succeed. I actually think she has flown in many of the scenes that nobody has even bothered to mention such as her holding the tank: it seemed like she was levitating upward and downward, if you watched it in slow motion. But my friend, as Wonder Woman fans, we have been screwed over so many times; it is not unsurprising that you would be skeptical of this film. I still am to some extent but I am 90% hyped for this film.

Gal Gadot was not my first second or even fifteenth choice as a candidate to portray Wonder Woman, but at this point, I am like, it is what it is. She is not the worst choice.
    You have said alot. And many of your points coincide with mine as of now.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New spot/trailer...

Spectacular Member

One more new footage, again
    it seems like every day or two we will get a tv spot

Spectacular Member

Can't figure out what is behind Diana in the flame screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Can't figure out what is behind Diana in the flame screen.
    Hard to tell if its an explosion or balls of fire from Ares or both; and I personally am happy with it being that way. I do not want to be spoiled. Right now NOONE has a clue what the plot is like based upon all the trailers and tv spots that we have seen so far. Thats the way it should be Mr. Snyder. I actually enjoy being surprised while I am in the theatre.

BANNED

One more new footage, again
    it seems like every day or two we will get a tv spot
    This is my favourite:

I don't even see how its possible to compare her to Black Widow in these trailers, because at one point, thats what many were trying to accuse Zack Synder of doing. One can't even say she and Thor are in the same category based off these trailers. They are so explosive, and the power and strength exhibited here do not look like anything I have ever seen from a Marvel movie. But of course I have not seen the Wonder Woman movie as yet! I can hardly sit still waiting for June 2 to come. I have even requested time off on that day. :P
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-03-2017 at 08:40 AM.

BANNED

You probably can't use this board for whether it is good or bad. I already know which posters will absolutely gush over this movie and declare it a masterpiece even if it is mediocre. We got alot of that on the BvS movie.
    Even if Patty Jenkins delivers a The Dark Knight-Meets-The Godfather-meets-Superman-The-Movie-level masterpiece, I already know which posters will absolutely declare it a fail because she cannot fly, or because Gal Gadot has brown eyes or because she is not...Lynda Carter, you know...or because she does not have a star-spangled skateboard/swimming outfit or because she does not do any of the campy, outdated stuff that the TV show did.

Spectacular Member

Hard to tell if its an explosion or balls of fire from Ares or both; and I personally am happy with it being that way. I do not want to be spoiled. Right now NOONE has a clue what the plot is like based upon all the trailers and tv spots that we have seen so far. Thats the way it should be Mr. Snyder. I actually enjoy being surprised while I am in the theatre.
    Since i checked immediately with Perez's run, it is quite reasonable fire from Ares.
    And 00:43 seems Ares just borrowed Zeus lightning. Ha

BANNED

I am so happy that WB has managed to whet fans' appetites for new stuff but still have not spoiled the whole thing. The marketing has been stellar.

BANNED

Since i checked immediately with Perez's run, it is quite reasonable fire from Ares.
    And 00:43 seems Ares just borrowed Zeus lightning. Ha
    Yup. And here I was worried that the Duke Of Deceptions (vomits a little) was going to be her main antagonist. lolll Patty got me good.

ARES. THE GOD OF WAR, is going to be in this film. A villain I consider to be on Mongul's or even a New God's level. This is bound to be an epic comic book adaptation.

And with Patty directing it, I doubt Diana is going to be highly sexualized, she is going to be taken seriously.

Can we say Wonder Woman 2 anyone?
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-03-2017 at 09:16 AM.