Page 205 of 254 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3801

She could just be leaping into the air. Look at her fight against Doomsday. Also, they could easily have just slow motioned her as she reaches the ground.

I have to keep telling myself she has superpowers and this is all fiction cause some of physics and moves, and the use of slow motion in these fights look odd. Also, I'm still not convinced on gal but I'm still hyped. I never really pay attention to the acting on cbms, but the action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Even if Patty Jenkins delivers a The Dark Knight-Meets-The Godfather-meets-Superman-The-Movie-level masterpiece, I already know which posters will absolutely declare it a fail because she cannot fly, or because Gal Gadot has brown eyes or because she is not...Lynda Carter, you know...or because she does not have a star-spangled skateboard/swimming outfit or because she does not do any of the campy, outdated stuff that the TV show did.
    I believe BiteTheBullet wants Wonder Woman to have all of her powers, just like Superman in Man Of Steel, and apparently just like Cyborg in the Justice League. I personally am going to be super disappointed if she does not fly, especially after all this teasing. I am bound to be pissed if she does not fly. Like you, I find the star spangled skateboard/swimming outfit and that pathetic invisible plane to be outdated as well. Lynda is beautiful, and had the perfect body and VOICE for Wonder Woman, but Gal's physique is not lacking in the least, and her voice is strong. Her face can be both bad ass and doe eyed, so she is not one dimensional. And I like the fact that she logically portrays Wonder Woman as an outsider; not an American.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-03-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

How about we all agree to talk about what WE like and don't like about the movie without casting aspersions on the motivations of other posters? Pretty sure that's against forum rules anyway.

Meanwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New spot/trailer...

Awesome! Definitely some new action sequences here! I just hope WB is saving some surprises for the release date. So far, I am unworried, but it would REALLY suck if WB showed too much so close to the end when they've been doing so well up until this point.

Not sure what to make of that blue energy Diana is blocking. It could be lightning as some have suggested, or maybe they just gave Ares some kind of generic blue energy blast power. I'm cool either way.

The fire scene? Yeah, not quite sure what's going on there either. Looks like an explosion, but there's definitely some strange shapes behind her. Not sure what that could be.

The fight scenes continue to look amazing. The Bourne movies really got Hollywood addicted to this idea that a fight scene should be all "shaky-cam, tight camera angles, no real idea what's actually happening." Glad to see Patty Jenkins is shattering that mold here. Every exchange between Diana and those soldiers is clean and well-coordinated. I'm beginning to wonder if Patty saw the Russo brother's work and took a page or two out of their playbook? Those guys have definitely become the gold standard for superhero fight scenes, so that wouldn't be a bad thing if she did.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    She could just be leaping into the air. Look at her fight against Doomsday. Also, they could easily have just slow motioned her as she reaches the ground.

I have to keep telling myself she has superpowers and this is all fiction cause some of physics and moves, and the use of slow motion in these fights look odd. Also, I'm still not convinced on gal but I'm still hyped. I never really pay attention to the acting on cbms, but the action.
    There were some parts of the fight that she had with doomsday where she seemed like she was flying to attack him, but it was one of those blink of an eye shots. PLUS, Wonder Woman's full power was never to be disclosed in that movie.

At this point, one does not have to be convinced of Gal or not: She is Wonder Woman. End of story. Gal has already cashed her cheque. It ain't ever gonna change any time soon.

Also I think its safe to say that most people have concluded that Wonder Woman could have been leaping in the air in many of those scenes, but the scene with her levitating above the ground was not slow motion, otherwise every single thing in that scene would have been brought to a slow motion, which it was not. Wonder Woman ALONE was gently touching down to the ground; the leaves were not falling in slow motion.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-03-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Even if Patty Jenkins delivers a The Dark Knight-Meets-The Godfather-meets-Superman-The-Movie-level masterpiece, I already know which posters will absolutely declare it a fail because she cannot fly, or because Gal Gadot has brown eyes or because she is not...Lynda Carter, you know...or because she does not have a star-spangled skateboard/swimming outfit or because she does not do any of the campy, outdated stuff that the TV show did.
    You forgot to drop the mic!

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Can't figure out what is behind Diana in the flame screen.
    It's Ares. I paused and you can clearly see the outline of his helmet. Looks like there are statues, or beasts or something there too.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    It's Ares. I paused and you can clearly see the outline of his helmet. Looks like there are statues, or beasts or something there too.
    I'm gonna try doing that against my better judgment because I am already amped to see this film as it is.

UPDATE: I did. You are absolutely correct. I did see some horns. I wonder if it could be a demon or a monster that Ares conjured up.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-03-2017 at 09:20 AM.

I think you're right. There's something in the background there and not just Ares.

I almost think this scene may not be something that literally happens to Diana. It could be some kind of vision of things to come. Diana sees what will come to pass should Ares succeed or something. Maybe it's Ares hitting her with some kind of psychic attack. Who knows?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New spot/trailer...

The more bullets and bracelets (Lightening and Bracelets) we get the happier I am!!!
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think you're right. There's something in the background there and not just Ares.

I almost think this scene may not be something that literally happens to Diana. It could be some kind of vision of things to come. Diana sees what will come to pass should Ares succeed or something. Maybe it's Ares hitting her with some kind of psychic attack. Who knows?
    I don't think its psychic; for some reason Ares does not strike me as a guy who would want to intimidate Wonder Woman psychologically. What I am hoping, is thats its a great Greek mythological monster/dragon, that Ares conjures up to do his dirty work: to kill Wonder Woman. There are definitely horns in the background though.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I don't think its psychic; for some reason Ares does not strike me as a guy who would want to intimidate Wonder Woman psychologically. What I am hoping, is thats its a great Greek mythological monster/dragon, that Ares conjures up to do his dirty work: to kill Wonder Woman. There are definitely horns in the background though.
    Classical Myth Ares is definitely not the kind of guy to care about psychological warfare, but DC's version is a little more inclined toward such things. Which is why I considered the possibility. Comic Ares has demonstrated some degree of psychic power in the past.

But yeah, a summoned beastie for Diana to fight would be cool too. That would make the final showdown with Ares pretty epic. I mean, she's going to fight him one-on-one. We know this. That tiny glimpse of him in one TV spot proves it. If that fight escalates from just a sword fight to "summoning giant monsters and possibly throwing lightning around" kind of stuff, then that just might push the Ares showdown into the "Best Villain Showdown Ever" category for CBMs.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Richard Alexander

Feels and looks very VERY VERY VERY George Perez to me...just before she uses the lasso to show Ares the truth, and error in his ways...

Ares vs WW.jpg

Ares.jpg
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Feels and looks very VERY VERY VERY George Perez to me...just before she uses the lasso to show Ares the truth, and error in his ways...

Ares vs WW.jpg

Ares.jpg
    Yeah, maybe those "horns" are actually Ares' fingers. Add a huge Ares in the background and that shot is almost a direct adaptation of that cover art.

So yeah, this could be a huge shoutout to the Perez run.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Classical Myth Ares is definitely not the kind of guy to care about psychological warfare, but DC's version is a little more inclined toward such things. Which is why I considered the possibility. Comic Ares has demonstrated some degree of psychic power in the past.

But yeah, a summoned beastie for Diana to fight would be cool too. That would make the final showdown with Ares pretty epic. I mean, she's going to fight him one-on-one. We know this. That tiny glimpse of him in one TV spot proves it. If that fight escalates from just a sword fight to "summoning giant monsters and possibly throwing lightning around" kind of stuff, then that just might push the Ares showdown into the "Best Villain Showdown Ever" category for CBMs.
    Wonder Woman did say that she has fought "things" from other worlds before in BvS; lets hope this was one of those occasions. Mystical beasts are totally up Wonder Woman's alley, and I hope we get to see a showdown of some sort between Diana and a diabolical creature of Hades or Tartarus, or whatever its called.

I really feel that Patty Jenkins has gone all out with this film. I could be disappointed, but there is no indication whatsoever that I am wrong. She is keeping things air tight for a reason.