Page 21 of 254 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I was only offering a possible explanation why she wasn't running like the wind or crushing tanks with her hands.

Probably because it was stated something like 6 months ago or more.

Edit, found where it was stated, though not by Snyder, but by a Charles Roven the BvS producer:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wonde...ion-67671.html
    (there is a link to a video where he states this, but I cant confirm it 100% atm)
    he is the producer, but who knows what patty decided. WW unlocking her powers because she is zeus daughter seems very far off from the feminist/classic ww vibe i got from this footage

I was only offering a possible explanation why she wasn't running like the wind or crushing tanks with her hands.
    Well, it's likely because the film is 2.5 months into production and they aren't going to have elaborate scenes with special effects competed yet.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Hmmm. I see a comparison, but not so much Xena! ����
    image.jpg
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    he is the producer, but who knows what patty decided.
    I dont honestly think Patty has that kind of power to change anything Snyder and Co have already put into a movie.

The Heatvision in the movies look more like Molten plasma than electricity. That Energy Field was crackling with Electricity around it.

Eh since Man of Steel? My point being is that they dont seem to be treating the heatvision as a traditional high-powered laser beam thats just deflected the same way light normally is, but treating more like a blast of water from a hose. Aside that, it is a kind of energy weapon we dont know the exact physics of, bouncing off a shield we dont know the properties of, so the lightning could be a side effect of the normally streamlined beam of energy being shattered... like lightning. Actually that could also be the explanation; the heat-vision is essentialy treated like a straight beam of lightning, but when it hits Diana's shield it returns to its crooked natural form.

Yes, it did, but we didn't see Doomsday or know he had heatvision. That glow could simply be the reflection of Doomsdays face heating up before he fired, what Diana was doing was getting the Aegis up in the traditional fashion by crossing her bracelets.

Well, allow me to disagree with that.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    The Heatvision in the movies look more like Molten plasma than electricity. That Energy Field was crackling with Electricity around it.
    Yes from heatvision that was bouncing off Diana's shield.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    he is the producer, but who knows what patty decided. WW unlocking her powers because she is zeus daughter seems very far off from the feminist/classic ww vibe i got from this footage
    She can't be a Feminist because her mother slept with a married man and had her? Really?

Well it seems like alot of men and women cant be much of anything because they are products of infidelity. Diana gets Benefits and downsides by being her fathers daughter but that doesn't change who she is as a person but evidently you don't really care about that, you only care about some notion of her not being pure because her parents actions or because a man was involved in her creation.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 01-20-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: language, please :)

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    She can't be a Feminist because her mother slept with a married man and had her? Really?

Well it seems like alot of men and women cant be much of anything because they are products of infidelity. Diana gets Benefits and downsides by being her fathers daughter but that doesn't change who she is as a person but evidently you don't really care about that, you only care about some notion of her not being pure because her parents actions or because a man was involved in her creation.
    The infidelity isn't what makes that origin not feminist. The Paternal Narrative Azzarello added is what makes it not feminist. This article explains it wellhttp://www.themarysue.com/wonder-wom...nal-narrative/ Whereas in her other origin the Maternal Narrative and Hippolyta where the focal point that's now overshadowed by Zeus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    not what a say, but not a good origin for a hero. why dirty it like it was a soap opera or game of thrones?

nah. it's not about that, but ownder woman should be desire to have a daughter not the desire to sleep with a married man. hippolyta is a honored and smart woman, I want it to remain that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    The infidelity isn't what makes that origin not feminist. The Paternal Narrative Azzarello added is what makes it not feminist. This article explains it wellhttp://www.themarysue.com/wonder-wom...nal-narrative/ Whereas in her other origin the Maternal Narrative and Hippolyta where the focal point that's now overshadowed by Zeus.
    Yes, the father that was never part of her life over shadows her... right...

Yes, the father that was never part of her life over shadows her... right...
    Was a father necessary to her origin? If he's never part of her life and is apparently unimportant why add him? Why use Zeus?

BANNED

Was a father necessary to her origin? If he's never part of her life and is apparently unimportant why add him? Why use Zeus?
    Why be needlessly complicated?

How is the other option needlessly complicated?

Is the clay origin too complicated for a fictional superhero film? They could just make it clear it was through the will gods maybe Hippolyta pleaded to Aphrodite or Athena and they created Diana. Considering there's magic and gods involved I don't know how that would be to complex.

Again Zeus and the affair were both unnecessary and yeah Brian Azzarello apparently didn't think much of Hippolyta's role either
    “We’ve cleaned her up. You can describe who she is now. She’s got the specific description now just like Batman or Superman. She’s the daughter of a god.” – Brian Azzarello
    So now we know who Diana is she's Zeus's Daughter.

So now we know who Diana is she's Zeus's Daughter.
    "She was created from clay by the Queen of an all-female race, making her perfect and immaculate since no man had any part whatsoever in the process that gave birth to her." - William Moulton Marston

Even as a long-time Wonder Woman fan, the underlying reasons that brought Marston to write the origin story of his WW have always made me feel uncomfortable. Does that mean that my mother, my sister, my female relatives, all my female friends and in general every human being with XX sexual chromosomes somehow bear some kind of impurity because they all have a father who "contaminated" them with the "innate wickedness and penchant for destruction" that is a characteristic of males (and only them)?