Page 239 of 254 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3801
    Mighty Member

When will the embargo be lifted?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    When will the embargo be lifted?
    Late Monday. They moved it up!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ok...WOW! Sequel info! Interview with Patty 5/25/17

Wonder Woman doesn’t end like Captain America: The First Avenger with her waking up in modern day. She has 100 years left.

Patty: Exactly.

In the next solo movie would you want it to be set in modern day or somewhere in the 100 years prior? Like it could be set in the 1930s?

Patty: It is for sure – I’m definitely planning something more interesting using that period of time. Definitely, it’s the plan. I can’t say what it is! But it’s definitely right in the pocket of what you’re talking about.

There’s so much to work with there.

Patty: Exactly! That thrills me.

And later:

Are you going to do the invisible jet? That seems like a difficult thing to pull off in a movie.

Patty: [Laughs.] I’m gonna do it! I’m going to find a way!

And:

Superman is a different Superman in the DCEU than what he’s been before. Do you feel Wonder Woman is filling the “true north” role that Superman used to?

Patty: Maybe so. Maybe so. And what a great thing. I think that’s true. I think she’s the true north superhero of this posse.

https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.co...der-woman/amp/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

So if the invisible jet will exist it even still does or got destroyed because they said it wasn't in B vs S

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So if the invisible jet will exist it even still does or got destroyed because they said it wasn't in B vs S
    It's invisible, so that's a pretty easy retcon. Who knows how she'd pull it off? It certainly doesn't concern me at all.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    It's invisible, so that's a pretty easy retcon. Who knows how she'd pull it off? It certainly doesn't concern me at all.
    Yeah, it never was explained how Diana got to the Doomsday fight so quickly. Sure, now it looks like she either super-jumped or flew there under her own power, but they could easily say she got off that Turkish Airlines flight, summoned her jet, and flew it to the battle. It does raise the question of why she would bother if she can fly and/or super-jump. But it could be done. Or they could just reveal that she has a plane, but only uses it for special occasions in Justice League or whatever.

Also? I'd like to nominate Patty Jenkins to the status of "national treasure." Like, right now!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, it never was explained how Diana got to the Doomsday fight so quickly. Sure, now it looks like she either super-jumped or flew there under her own power, but they could easily say she got off that Turkish Airlines flight, summoned her jet, and flew it to the battle. It does raise the question of why she would bother if she can fly and/or super-jump. But it could be done. Or they could just reveal that she has a plane, but only uses it for special occasions in Justice League or whatever.

Also? I'd like to nominate Patty Jenkins to the status of "national treasure." Like, right now!
    I will say she got to the fight by flying from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Exactly. Also, they pulled it off with the Hellicarrier in the first Avengers movie, so there's precedence.

The I-Jet is for HAULING stuff ..and sometimes, people. Even though she can fly under her own power, Diana isn't a brooding, antisocial vigilante, creeping around the tops of skyscrapers, ..alone. Why is this so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-26-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The I-Jet is for HAULING stuff ..and sometimes, people. Even though she can fly under her own power, Diana isn't a brooding, antisocial vigilante, creeping around the tops of skyscrapers, ..alone. Why is this so hard to understand?
    Well, I can carry a 50 lb package....but a lot of times, its easier if I use a dolly. I can certainly see where an invisible plane would be useful.

(Not to mention it's conceivable that Diana could fly at up to 300 mph, but her plane could go supersonic and is good for 1,000+ miles range....)

"Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Let me be crystal clear.

This is NOT another DC Loves/Hates Azzarello thread, nor will I allow it to be turned into one.

Next post on that topic here comes with a week off.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Well, I can carry a 50 lb package....but a lot of times, its easier if I use a dolly. I can certainly see where an invisible plane would be useful.

(Not to mention it's conceivable that Diana could fly at up to 300 mph, but her plane could go supersonic and is good for 1,000+ miles range....)
    I have made the same point before in the past. The invisible jet has a valid, legitimate reason to exist.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?