Page 3 of 254 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Or they could just mo-cap him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe if they used his design from the latter parts of the run it might work: the burned skin, the horns, blood/vein cape, etc.
    It was the more visually interesting look, and would translate to an all-CGI character better.
    I'm saying First Born would translate well into a movie.
    His whole look just screams movie adaptation.
    Well to me atleast
    And Imagine how his corrupted Olympus would look, and his army attacking Themyscira.
    My god it would be a marvelous sight

Green would be epic as Circe. Her showing as Vanessa Ives in Penny Dreadful has been amazing. I'm not concerned with Ares and Circe being in the films. As long as they're both developed well, it adds to the drama. (This is not a Schumacher Bat film we're talking about after all.)

Cast Emily Blunt as Barbara Minerva and Peter Dinklage as Doctor Psycho, and I might get giddy with excitement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe if they used his design from the latter parts of the run it might work: the burned skin, the horns, blood/vein cape, etc.
    It was the more visually interesting look, and would translate to an all-CGI character better.
    The charcoal look he got after Diana set him on fire, has to be said, was my least favorite of his looks. I kinda preferred him as he was after Apollo burnt off most of his skin, made him look like he had gotten a full body Harvey Dent treatment. After that, I would just stick with his bearded mountain man look... but I imagine a lot of people would be thinking he was just Heracles in all but name.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    The charcoal look he got after Diana set him on fire, has to be said, was my least favorite of his looks. I kinda preferred him as he was after Apollo burnt off most of his skin, made him look like he had gotten a full body Harvey Dent treatment. After that, I would just stick with his bearded mountain man look... but I imagine a lot of people would be thinking he was just Heracles in all but name.
    Why not use Heracles or Theseus then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I guess the reason would be if they wanted a god who had been wiped from history and had, through millenia spent stuck in bitterness, become a pure incarnation of hatred and nihilism. Hercules and Theseus have been a lot of things, but they've never been that. (Yeah, Theseus was stuck in the underworld for a long time, but he didn't become Hate or "Nothing.")

I agree both with Siege and with with Outside, though, in that making him look like Hercules or Theseus would not be my first choice. He should be wilder looking than them at the beginning of his story, and by the end, he should look like most of his humanity has been stripped away--even if, as Outside says, he doesn't have to have the full charcoal look. I'd give him the bony "wings" or "blood cape" and the "crown of horns" just to make him a little more god-like or diabolical and a little less like an run-of-the-mill burned-up zombie than he might otherwise seem.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-13-2015 at 07:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Partly because of how prominent Heracles is in DC Amazon-lore and because part of the whole thing about the First Born is that his existence was only know by the sum total of 6 people.

Also I was just talking visuals, classic and DC Heracles and the First Born shares next to nothing in common save how they look as large bearded supermen.

Mighty Member

I just hope that this will be good and epic as the Wonder Woman animated film

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I just hope that this will be good and epic as the Wonder Woman animated film

She doesn't fly in the animated movie, so maybe that is where the inspiration comes from for the live action flick.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So weak looking... So scrawny... Such a childlike face...

Not Amazonian at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Not Amazonian at all.
    And therefore just perfect for Wonder Woman. Let's not forget that William Marston had a very specific body type in mind when he conceived his version of the Amazons, which had nothing in common with what people usually associate with the word "Amazonian". I remember a very early WW story where, to show that Amazon strength has nothing to do with muscle tone, Diana had a contest with a group of bodybuilder women and very unsubtly dropped a comment about her adversaries which reeked of body-shaming against muscle-bound, tough-looking women from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Not Amazonian at all.
    She looks exactly like the comics. She's beautiful, and so much about her says that she says is Wonder Woman. Plus, she IS Wonder Woman.Gal Wonder Art.jpg
    Wonder Gal JLA art.jpg
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Awesome pics ^^

While this one doesn't have much to do with the WW film, it's a lovely image of Gal (plus she's wearing a WW shirt, which I want!, so I guess it does count.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    She looks exactly like the comics. She's beautiful, and so much about her says that she says is Wonder Woman. Plus, she IS Wonder Woman.Gal Wonder Art.jpg
    Wonder Gal JLA art.jpg
    I think you are being a little too sensitive to posts. I believe he was talking about weak looking, scrawny and childlike face with respect to the animated cell that was attached, not to Gal Gadot.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, but his post was directly after the attached image of the animated cell.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I think you are being a little too sensitive to posts. I believe he was talking about weak looking, scrawny and childlike face with respect to the animated cell that was attached, not to Gal Gadot.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, but his post was directly after the attached image of the animated cell.
    Hmmmm. With this being very unclear, I don't think I'm being sensitive...not sure how that reads as sensitive anyway....just statement and a couple pics to drive the point. But carry on.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.