Page 30 of 254 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I think that's a bit extreme to be honest. This is still cinema and people want to be entertained, it seems they've taken a different approach with Diana, likely one that showcases her martial skills in a way the audience will be able to see. The clips seem to be showing something more akin to the way the movie 300 was shot with slow motion shots highlighting Diana's hits so we can actually see that she's a warrior with training.

Different visual style does not = less than Faora
    If I want to see the best martial artist in the world, I will just pop in a blu-ray of Bruce Lee . In fact, slow motion fighting should have been a result of Bruce Lee since he was considered too fast for the camera and had to slow down his movements.

Let's face it, the 300 style of slow motion fighting has been overdone of late and would look too much like Zack Synders influence, versus the vision of what Patty Jenkins would do. If it happens to be slow motion, ho-hum I say.

If Wonder Woman takes out the normals with one hit (unconscious), then we are talking. But if they get up for another round at her, then they are seriously downplaying her strength to something more like Captain America's level. If the normals are even able to block a blow from Diana with her enhanced speed and the like, that would be nerfing her power. I just can't get on board with this Wonder Woman when she is riding a horse to what looks like danger instead of running or using her supposed 'Hulk' leaps. This is a comic book movie, nothing that Diana does should be so pedestrian in her actions, like riding a horse. If she is a powerhouse, make her a powerhouse, or just disappoint us and make her the movie screen debut of Xena.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If I want to see the best martial artist in the world, I will just pop in a blu-ray of Bruce Lee . In fact, slow motion fighting should have been a result of Bruce Lee since he was considered too fast for the camera and had to slow down his movements.

Let's face it, the 300 style of slow motion fighting has been overdone of late and would look too much like Zack Synders influence, versus the vision of what Patty Jenkins would do. If it happens to be slow motion, ho-hum I say.

If Wonder Woman takes out the normals with one hit (unconscious), then we are talking. But if they get up for another round at her, then they are seriously downplaying her strength to something more like Captain America's level. If the normals are even able to block a blow from Diana with her enhanced speed and the like, that would be nerfing her power. I just can't get on board with this Wonder Woman when she is riding a horse to what looks like danger instead of running or using her supposed 'Hulk' leaps. This is a comic book movie, nothing that Diana does should be so pedestrian in her actions, like riding a horse. If she is a powerhouse, make her a powerhouse, or just disappoint us and make her the movie screen debut of Xena.
    No special effects scenes yet.
    We don't know if these soldiers are "normal" or enhanced some how (remember, again, Circe and Ares)
    We don't see any of the soldiers get up.
    And, worth mentioning again, NO SPECIAL EFFECTS SCENES YET.
    However, we do have the words of Gal, and Snyder, who tell us exactly what her powers are. Also, we have two (special effects completed) scenes in the BvS trailer...one showing her thrown from a distance against concrete, which only slightly irritates her...slightly, and one showing her being blasted, and pushed back only exactly the same as Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxF...2jja_C-JAS-Zzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25a6C9jh6U

I think being preemptively disappointed is jumping the gun. In a time machine.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 02-05-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    No special effects scenes yet.
    We don't know if these soldiers are "normal" or enhanced some how (remember, again, Circe and Ares)
    We don't see any of the soldiers get up.
    And, worth mentioning again, NO SPECIAL EFFECTS SCENES YET.
    However, we do have the words of Gal, and Snyder, who tell us exactly what her powers are. Also, we have two (special effects completed) scenes in the BvS trailer...one showing her thrown from a distance against concrete, which only slightly irritates her...slightly, and one showing her being blasted, and pushed back only exactly the same as Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxF...2jja_C-JAS-Zzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25a6C9jh6U

I think being preemptively disappointed is jumping the gun. In a time machine.
    No, I think DC's consistency in being inconsistent on Dianas powerset is just being realistic. How many times in the comics is she given status as part of this mythical trinity, only to consistently job out to the other heroes. Or have her own rogues, like the Cheetah, be punched out by Batman.

Put it this way, I am not entirely enthused on the casting of Gal as Wonder Woman, I think they have already nerfed her powerwise. It's better to not have great expectations coming into this film and being pleasantly surprised if they do her right as I am watching the movie. I feel that their are alot of posters on this board that are somehow being too enthusiastic from the 10 seconds of previews that they saw with her in it. They may ultimately be disappointed whereas I, the pessimist, may be pleasantly surprised.

No, I think DC's consistency in being inconsistent on Dianas powerset is just being realistic. How many times in the comics is she given status as part of this mythical trinity, only to consistently job out to the other heroes. Or have her own rogues, like the Cheetah, be punched out by Batman.

Put it this way, I am not entirely enthused on the casting of Gal as Wonder Woman, I think they have already nerfed her powerwise. It's better to not have great expectations coming into this film and being pleasantly surprised if they do her right as I am watching the movie. I feel that their are alot of posters on this board that are somehow being too enthusiastic from the 10 seconds of previews that they saw with her in it. They may ultimately be disappointed whereas I, the pessimist, may be pleasantly surprised.
    Understood.
    I, for one, am only overly enthused that it's happening at all. If this was a trailer, early 2017, and not a teaser two months into production, I may have concerns. But it's too early in production on this movie to see anything spectacular. And I'm VERY happy with what we've seen in the Bvs trailer. So, I'm gonna continue to be happy and excited....but just the right amount. Not overly. Or underly.

Whelmed, if you will.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Understood.
    I, for one, am only overly enthused that it's happening at all. If this was a trailer, early 2017, and not a teaser two months into production, I may have concerns. But it's too early in production on this movie to see anything spectacular. And I'm VERY happy with what we've seen in the Bvs trailer. So, I'm gonna continue to be happy and excited....but just the right amount. Not overly. Or underly.

Whelmed, if you will.
    Understood as well. Nice counterpoint.

Understood.

Whelmed, if you will.
    pretty much this ... I see nothing to get me riled up in either direction to date.

yeah it's ridiculous to think Diana would ever ride a horse into battle. oh wait...

yeah but what did that Marston guy know.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    yeah it's ridiculous to think Diana would ever ride a horse into battle. oh wait...

How many times has she ridden a horse in her history?

It would be better served if you can show us all those depictions of Diana on a horse post Perez. I am thinking you will not find any, or if you do it is not of her going into battle with one.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 02-05-2016 at 01:29 PM.

bah! Bring back the Kangas!!

images.jpg
    rope-an-amazon-from-a-kanga.jpg
    sky-kanga.jpg

It would be better served if you can show us all those depictions of Diana on a horse post Perez. I am thinking you will not find any, or if you do it is not of her going into battle with one.
    I don't have it handy but in #2 of WONDER WOMAN post-CRISIS, Diana was on a horse while waiting for Athena to give her the Lasso of Truth. It's the same issue where post-CRISIS aged Steve Trevor was introduced. Remember, there were no kangas or techno-magic in WONDER WOMAN under Perez's tenure so horses were the primary form of land transportation for the Amazons.

BANNED

This was back when Wonder Woman would've died from a trapeze fall, but we're all hoping she's a bit stronger than that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I don't have it handy but in #2 of WONDER WOMAN post-CRISIS, Diana was on a horse while waiting for Athena to give her the Lasso of Truth. It's the same issue where post-CRISIS aged Steve Trevor was introduced. Remember, there were no kangas or techno-magic in WONDER WOMAN under Perez's tenure so horses were the primary form of land transportation for the Amazons.
    so what if she rode a horse recreationally...in the footage she's not strolling about though, she's in the midst of War with humans lives at stake, the circumstances are a little bit different. Again she could be Superman-level but all evidence points to the contrary, or some of it does.

Who else used to go around saying her character could "jump so high she could almost fly" - Jessica Jones!

And you may have noticed Geoff Johns said "she has strength and speed", not superstrength or speed...could mean nothing, may mean something
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 02-05-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    so what if she rode a horse recreationally...in the footage she's not strolling about though, she's in the midst of War with humans lives at stake, the circumstances are a little bit different. Again she could be Superman-level but all evidence points to the contrary, or some of it does.

Who else used to go around saying her character could "jump so high she could almost fly" - Jessica Jones!

And you may have noticed Geoff Johns said "she has strength and speed", not superstrength or speed...could mean nothing, may mean something
    Conversely, what is the big deal with Diana riding a horse in WONDER WOMAN? I'd imagine Diana didn't drive cars on Themyscira so she'd naturally gravitate toward something familiar to her for land transportation/warfare, i.e., horses. That Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman rides horses in WWI does not automatically mean she's no longer in Superman's power class. Nor does that slow motion fight with those soldiers indicate Diana has been de-powered to non-superhuman levels.

I am not going to infer anything yet based on the very brief clip shown on that CW special and GJ's comments. I know nothing of Jessica Jones so I can't address that.

But I do think getting worked up about WONDER WOMAN is a bit premature. It may be warranted after the public sees more footage but as of now, it is simply too early either to exalt or slam the film and its depiction of our super heroine number one.

That is a cover. in the books she was riding Kangas.

Outside of her being on Themyscira, probably slim to none.
    Richard Alexander