Page 4 of 254 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hmmmm. With this being very unclear, I don't think I'm being sensitive...not sure how that reads as sensitive anyway....just statement and a couple pics to drive the point. But carry on.
    Well, it seemed like a direct counterpoint to a perceived criticism that you thought may have been directed at Gal.

When Gal starts to look like every artists adaptation of Diana, then maybe will I say she is starting to look like Wonder Woman

BANNED

While I personally like Sean Bean and Eva Green, they haven't got a lot of star power and that worries me, especially with Gal Gadot in the leading role, and Chris Pine playing Steve. So far the cast of Wonder Woman pales in comparison to Dr.Strange, Gambit, now Marvel's eyeing Rebecca Ferguson for Captain Marvel, she's an exceptional actress! They gotta bring in the big names

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Well, it seemed like a direct counterpoint to a perceived criticism that you thought may have been directed at Gal.

When Gal starts to look like every artists adaptation of Diana, then maybe will I say she is starting to look like Wonder Woman
    I guess 2 current artists are not enough for you then. Ohs wells.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    While I personally like Sean Bean and Eva Green, they haven't got a lot of star power and that worries me, especially with Gal Gadot in the leading role, and Chris Pine playing Steve. So far the cast of Wonder Woman pales in comparison to Dr.Strange, Gambit, now Marvel's eyeing Rebecca Ferguson for Captain Marvel, she's an exceptional actress! They gotta bring in the big names
    Ned Stark, Game of Thrones. Pretty big!! Dies, but big. Plus, Gal will be a draw by then, and Chris Pine is a super hot draw too.

BANNED

Ned Stark, Game of Thrones. Pretty big!! Dies, but big. Plus, Gal will be a draw by then, and Chris Pine is a super hot draw too.
    The costumes look fairly close to what Gal is wearing, yet I still see that the artists do seem to draw a bigger, buffer Diana than what Gal is. Just my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Not really. There's no real noticeable difference from what I can see. Just my opinion.

BANNED

Perhaps Pine is big in America but here, people may know him by sight but very few can attach a name to him. The cast of Dr.Strange on the other hand has a lot of gravitas, they're not necessarily the most well-loved popular actors, but they've got prestige in spades.

Perhaps Pine is big in America but here, people may know him by sight but very few can attach a name to him. The cast of Dr.Strange on the other hand has a lot of gravitas, they're not necessarily the most well-loved popular actors, but they've got prestige in spades.
    See, I'm not very familiar with the actors in that movie. But honestly, if people weren't going to see Wonder Woman, they're likely not going to see Wonder Woman co-starring Meryl Streep either.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Variety reporter Justin Kroll said Cate Blanchett passed on a role in Wonder Woman: https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/642550535434797056
    Apparently, they wanted Blanchett for the role of Queen Hippolyta. If so, then it makes sense that she passed. She practically played that role for years throughout all six of the Hobbit films.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

See, I'm not very familiar with the actors in that movie. But honestly, if people weren't going to see Wonder Woman, they're likely not going to see Wonder Woman co-starring Meryl Streep either.
    A good cast is more likely to get good reviews, good word of mouth and generate tons of hype which in the age of social media is everything. Social media can make or break a movie before it opens.

A good cast is more likely to get good reviews, good word of mouth and generate tons of hype which in the age of social media is everything. Social media can make or break a movie before it opens.
    I still think the name WONDER WOMAN alone is going to carry mush more weight than any other name though.

BANNED

While I personally like Sean Bean and Eva Green, they haven't got a lot of star power and that worries me, especially with Gal Gadot in the leading role, and Chris Pine playing Steve.

So far the cast of Wonder Woman pales in comparison to Dr.Strange, Gambit, now Marvel's eyeing Rebecca Ferguson for Captain Marvel, she's an exceptional actress! They gotta bring in the big names
    They aren't headliners, that's true, but they are well known faces and artists. Both have been in James Bond movies, Bean is pretty much the face of Game of Thrones despite being dead in most of it and he has Boromir to lean on. Green, being much younger doesn't have quite the breath of experience Bean has, but she's still touted as being highly competent.

As for the Marvel movies... what are you talking about exactly? The only name most people would recognize is that of Beneditct, and even that is for being the voice of Smaugh... because I don't think Americans have seen him play Sherlock Holmes with Martin Freeman (Bilbo) as Watson on BBC or manage to catch him on stage.

So by comparison... I'd say WW is doing much better than the next wave of Marvel in this regard. (That said, looking at GotG; Pratt was basically a bum living in his mates van before landing the job as Quill, Zaldana's most well known role was as a blue CGI alien, and the most well-known name in the main cast of the movie was playing a CGI tree that could only manage three words. But in spite all that lack of star-power, it did ok.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    They aren't headliners, that's true, but they are well known faces and artists. Both have been in James Bond movies, Bean is pretty much the face of Game of Thrones despite being dead in most of it and he has Boromir to lean on. Green, being much younger doesn't have quite the breath of experience Bean has, but she's still touted as being highly competent.

As for the Marvel movies... what are you talking about exactly? The only name most people would recognize is that of Beneditct, and even that is for being the voice of Smaugh... because I don't think Americans have seen him play Sherlock Holmes with Martin Freeman (Bilbo) as Watson on BBC or manage to catch him on stage.

So by comparison... I'd say WW is doing much better than the next wave of Marvel in this regard. (That said, looking at GotG; Pratt was basically a bum living in his mates van before landing the job as Quill, Zaldana's most well known role was as a blue CGI alien, and the most well-known name in the main cast of the movie was playing a CGI tree that could only manage three words. But in spite all that lack of star-power, it did ok.)
    Eva Green, Sean Bean, Chris Pine, they don't sell tickets and from what I've seen fans are yet to make peace with Gal Gadot, she's got a lot of convincing to do in Dawn of Justice. And before Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt was a fan favorite on Parks and Recreation and married to Anna Faris with whom he has a son, I doubt they were living in a van. They took a bit of a leap of faith on him and hit the jackpot. I can't see Gal Gadot emulate that feat though but I would love to be proven wrong. I hope she's the next Jennifer Lawrence.

As for Dr.Strange, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Mads Mikkelsen and Rachel McAdams are not the most well-known names in the world but they've got a lot of gravitas, it makes you think Dr.Strange is not gonna be some dumb superhero film. A top-shelf, oscar-worthy group of actors such as this creates hype around the movie. Lots of people are excited about Dr.Strange and that makes me look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm so excited by that rumor, but...

Ares and Circe are two of Wonder Woman's biggest, baddest big bads. Having both of them in the film would leave little for a sequel, IMO, in terms of big, evil, powerful plotters. Unless, which would most likely be the case, Ares dies and Circe lives to strike back in a sequel. But I really hope they don't make Circe a lesser villain than Ares (or, shudder, a subordinate/minion of Ares). I've been dying for a major female villain in a comic movie. Eva Green would do an amazing job as Circe, IMO. Sean Bean is always great, but it's no secret I'm a fan of an eye candy Ares.
    i say go all out with this movie and start with her best villains. Ares and/or Circe can come back for the sequel. they are immortal after all. worked for Loki. i would hate for them to save her best villains for the sequel and have this end up like Green Lantern. instead of facing Sinestro in a climactic battle he fought an angry cloud of smog.
    they could have Ares and Circe team up but of course Circe is ready to stab him in the back the second Wonder Woman is defeated.

i think just the fact that it's a Wonder Woman movie will be enough to generate buzz. she's right up there with Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man as the most iconic pop culture figures. quite a bit more recognizable than Dr. Strange and Gambit. characters that will rely more on the star power to bring in the non-comic book reading audience.
    but having Linda Carter play Hippolyta is a must!
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-22-2015 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i think just the fact that it's a Wonder Woman movie will be enough to generate buzz. she's right up there with Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man as the most iconic pop culture figures. quite a bit more recognizable than Dr. Strange and Gambit. characters that will rely more on the star power to bring in the non-comic book reading audience.
    but having Linda Carter play Hippolyta is a must!
    She's big in the US and countries of the commonwealth but here, I'll go as far as to say Gambit is more well-known than Wonder Woman, at least amongst millennials, we grew up on the X-men animated show. I remember my cousin, who's a year younger than me, throw playing cards at my face. And everybody knows Channing Tatum, we fantasize about him as well. He would've made a fantastic Superman. Lea Seydoux, I saw her in the flesh, she shot a movie not far from here.