Page 49 of 254 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I saw BvS last night. There wasn't enough WW scenes for me to judge Gadot's acting. So I am still iffy about her being WW.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt. Although I'd say I'm still undecided about her, rather than veering towards iffy.

At the end of the day she was someone/something that didn't suck in a movie that largely sucked. So between her minimal appearances and little competition, she came out of it... OK. She didn't really capture my attention as Diana especially, but she wasn't awful either.

Was less thrilled (though not surprised) to read her quotes today regarding the Wonder Woman movie being 'dark'. Sure, we knew that was coming based on Diana's comments in BvsS and simply because DC. But perhaps even moreso than Supes, Wonder Woman just isn't a character that I associate with darkness. And no, an absence of it doesn't mean making a unicorn happy fun-time surprise movie, not at all.

You can make a movie that's serious, intense, mature, intelligent, all kinds of things without it needing to be 'dark' to achieve that. The problem is when you make a film dark because of some generic notion that darkness automatically equals those qualities (which is one of the many ways in which DC/Snyder went horribly, horribly wrong with BvsS).

Fingers crossed that it isn't something they'll be repeating with Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 04-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    You can make a movie that's serious, intense, mature, intelligent, all kinds of things without it needing to be 'dark' to achieve that. The problem is when you make a film dark because of some generic notion that darkness automatically equals those qualities (which is one of the many ways in which DC/Snyder went horribly, horribly wrong with BvsS).
    well said.
    still loved WW in BvS though.

Extraordinary Member

They showed off some DC stuff at WB's CinemaCon panel:

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

BANNED

If she's gonna be vulnerable to bullets, on top of not flying, can't she at least be fast enough to deflect bullets from a rudimentary gatling gun...can't they give her that? I don't know, they nerfed her..."sword drawn" "riding horses", "deflecting bullets with her shield"...Wonder Woman in name only

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    If she's gonna be vulnerable to bullets, on top of not flying, can't she at least be fast enough to deflect bullets from a rudimentary gatling gun...can't they give her that? I don't know, they nerfed her..."sword drawn" "riding horses", "deflecting bullets with her shield"...Wonder Woman in name only
    well... being vulnerable to 1900 bullets is awful. sure it is not hard for WW to deflect bullets from 1900 guns.
    seems like critics are praising because WW is more warrior like, expected. Also too early to praise 30 sec of footage?

I'm still optimistic

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    ... can't she at least be fast enough to deflect bullets from a rudimentary gatling gun...can't they give her that?
    I've read other reports describing the footage and they specifically mention a snippet of footage showing Diana blocking bullets with her bracelets and deflecting them back at her enemies (i.e. killing them).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I've read other reports describing the footage and they specifically mention a snippet of footage showing Diana blocking bullets with her bracelets and deflecting them back at her enemies (i.e. killing them).
    this is exactly what I expect from zack snyder DCEU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Cool..Wonder Woman killing left and right, with her sword and bracelets, wooo-hoo! I mean that's WAR but those poor soldiers, fighting someone else's war, they didn't have much of a choice in the matter did they, they would've been shot for cowardice if they refused to. Disclaimer: I'm not a ww1 expert but I watch Downton Abbey.
    She's quite the agent of Peace

Anyway, 2 thugs with machine guns can do Wonder Woman in!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well... being vulnerable to 1900 bullets is awful. sure it is not hard for WW to deflect bullets from 1900 guns.
    seems like critics are praising because WW is more warrior like, expected. Also too early to praise 30 sec of footage?

I'm still optimistic
    I just googled this stuff, the MAXIM GUN which is the one they used in ww1, fired up to 550 rounds a MINUTE, that's nothing for Wonder Woman...that's 9 bullets PER SECOND, all coming from the same ANGLE...are you kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

I'm still optimistic
    Actually many of the older bullet types tend to be more lethal than modern bullets because of their higher calibres and velocities, and their tendency to expand on impact, creating quite messy wounds as a result. Which is why in many cases field surgeons had to resort to amputations because the wounds were too messed up to mend.

Then again, there's also armour-piercing bullets which ought to be more applicable in WW's case where vulnerability is concerned.

Mighty Member

I don't see where anyone said she's gonna be vulnerable to bullets

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    I don't see where anyone said she's gonna be vulnerable to bullets
    Neither do I, but I guess people just assumed it, judging from the info released where she blocks incoming bullets with her shield and bracelets, instead of taking them like a m... er, woman.

But then again there's this...

Last edited by Asdamine; 04-13-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    Neither do I, but I guess people just assumed it, judging from the info released where she blocks incoming bullets with her shield and bracelets, instead of taking them like a m... er, woman.

But then again there's this...

I wish they will put that in the WW movie. You know, for the fun factor.