Page 51 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I bet money that Antiope is one of the "Villains" in this, or wants Steve dead and Diana is defending him. Like in The Legends of Wonder Woman. I don't buy Robin Wright isn't going to have a juicy part in this
    That's what I thought, too.

I do think Ares and/or Circe will be playing a large role, and maybe we'll see Cheetah in the present-day stuff or at least a hint of her like they did with Joker in Batman Begins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think it's possible to have a film based around WWI and not go into a darker direction to an extent. It wasn't a fun romp for all involved.

Diana lends herself to dark storytelling, probably better than Clark. She's entrenched in Greek mythology, and that was filled with horror. One of her most celebrated stories is the Hiketeia, and the Rucka, Azzarello and Perez runs were all filled with dark stuff. I find it doubtful that her film will be darker than some of the things in those runs.
    Possibly. But a lot of the flack DC and WB are taking over BvS is that it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dark! If you have seen the trailers you have seen the pretty much all the jokes. Superman barely cracks a smile all movie. Instead the man who's house insignia stands for 'hope' spends 95% of the time looking either angry or disappointed.

BvS is not doing as well at the box office in the last two weeks as that other flick that also had Batman in it - The Lego Movie. Because honestly, if folks wanted to see two and half hours of depressing social commentary punctuated by occasional violence they could just put in a copy of Apocalypse Now.

Wonder Woman needs to have some fun to it. Captain American the First Avenger had its hero fighting Nazi's and Marvel's most purely evil villain and it still had room for laughs.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Possibly. But a lot of the flack DC and WB are taking over BvS is that it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dark! If you have seen the trailers you have seen the pretty much all the jokes. Superman barely cracks a smile all movie. Instead the man who's house insignia stands for 'hope' spends 95% of the time looking either angry or disappointed.
    Because Superman is a character who is always smiling and upbeat and not... you know, a stoic.

BANNED

BvS is not doing as well at the box office in the last two weeks as that other flick that also had Batman in it - The Lego Movie. Because honestly, if folks wanted to see two and half hours of depressing social commentary punctuated by occasional violence they could just put in a copy of Apocalypse Now.

Wonder Woman needs to have some fun to it. Captain American the First Avenger had its hero fighting Nazi's and Marvel's most purely evil villain and it still had room for laughs.
    Yeah fun but not necessarily in the form of jokes, although seeing as Gal Gadot is at best a mediocre actress, at worst not an actress they'd be smart to sprinkle some humour in there as well as a good amount of action and then some for good measure. My biggest concern right now is that judging by what they've shown us so far this film could've been made with a television budget, there's an embarrassment of riches of this on the telly right now, from a visual standpoint there's really nothing fresh, unique or different about this movie...Themyscira looks like a carbon copy of Yunkai, what have the Amazons got to teach us...I reckon nothing. They're an irrelevance, an anachronism trapped in a time bubble, a small nation today could wipe them off the map in a bat of an eyelash. And I wouldn't call that Paradise, who wants to be an amazon if it means living like that, without running water or men, and children? Paradise is a place full of delicious men, the amazons should run a whorehouse in one of the small isles around the mainland, something like that

Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because Superman is a character who is always smiling and upbeat and not... you know, a stoic.
    Brooding was the word I would have used for this movie. He could give lessons on it to David Boreanaz's Angel.

Meanwhile a fave point for many in the movie is when Doomsday knocks Diana down and she just smiles before leaping back at him.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Brooding was the word I would have used for this movie. He could give lessons on it to David Boreanaz's Angel.
    I was thinking about the comics.

Meanwhile a fave point for many in the movie is when Doomsday knocks Diana down and she just smiles before leaping back at him.
    And for people who hate Snyder, it's even better because it was unscripted.

How cool to see the footage from Italy and what is sure to be li'l Diana running through the city streets…I am looking forward to seeing her origin on the big scree and am wondering what version Jenkins will be going with.

So very beautiful!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

One of Connie Nielsen's co-stars...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEZBPSHLWaj/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Yeah fun but not necessarily in the form of jokes, although seeing as Gal Gadot is at best a mediocre actress, at worst not an actress they'd be smart to sprinkle some humour in there as well as a good amount of action and then some for good measure. My biggest concern right now is that judging by what they've shown us so far this film could've been made with a television budget, there's an embarrassment of riches of this on the telly right now, from a visual standpoint there's really nothing fresh, unique or different about this movie...Themyscira looks like a carbon copy of Yunkai, what have the Amazons got to teach us...I reckon nothing. They're an irrelevance, an anachronism trapped in a time bubble, a small nation today could wipe them off the map in a bat of an eyelash. And I wouldn't call that Paradise, who wants to be an amazon if it means living like that, without running water or men, and children? Paradise is a place full of delicious men, the amazons should run a whorehouse in one of the small isles around the mainland, something like that
    well themiscyra look very pedestrian and underdevelopted, I hope it is a case of adding CGI later.
    Talking about budget, I would like to know the numbers, because the movie doesn't look like it will have a big budget. let's see next year

a fun movies doen't need to be full of jokes, winter soldier was fun but not filled with jokes. gadot said that wonder woman is very serious, so I don't think it will have a chance to see her comedy skills. She seems very limited as a actress

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well themiscyra look very pedestrian and underdevelopted, I hope it is a case of adding CGI later.
    Talking about budget, I would like to know the numbers, because the movie doesn't look like it will have a big budget. let's see next year

a fun movies doen't need to be full of jokes, winter soldier was fun but not filled with jokes. gadot said that wonder woman is very serious, so I don't think it will have a chance to see her comedy skills. She seems very limited as a actress
    Well I'm presuming this little girl running around is Diana so this was 5000 years ago? However, something tells me their culture didn't advance much beyond this point, Gloria Steinem and W. Marston are gonna be turning in their graves when they see this in the great beyond…And people are definitely gonna notice that, they're gonna be like "what do these Amazons do all day apart from roughhousing and dipping their toes in the lake"

And a tiger, are you kidding me, of all the mythical creatures out there to choose from, they're going with a tiger, I was really hoping for a unicorn. There weren't any tigers in the old world before the spanish conquistadores brought them into Europe from Canada in 1441, along with cinnamon and saffron which also came from Canada originally if you didn't know btw dudes. I've just about now decided not to see this movie, honestly they're doing a disservice to Wonder Woman and I've never been so offended in my entire life

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Well I'm presuming this little girl running around is Diana so this was 5000 years ago? However, something tells me their culture didn't advance much beyond this point, Gloria Steinem and W. Marston are gonna be turning in their graves when they see this in the great beyond…And people are definitely gonna notice that, they're gonna be like "what do these Amazons do all day apart from roughhousing and dipping their toes in the lake"
    Uh, Gloria Steinem is still alive.

And a tiger, are you kidding me, of all the mythical creatures out there to choose from, they're going with a tiger, I was really hoping for a unicorn. There weren't any tigers in the old world before the spanish conquistadores brought them into Europe from Canada in 1441, along with cinnamon and saffron which also came from Canada originally if you didn't know btw dudes. I've just about now decided not to see this movie, honestly they're doing a disservice to Wonder Woman and I've never been so offended in my entire life
    There weren't any tigers but you want a unicorn? Okay. And where would they have acquired this animal?
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Or maybe you should read up a bit more on the etymologies of the different tiger sub-species e.g. Caspian tiger. Themyscira is waaaay older than old world, y'know.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    One of Connie Nielsen's co-stars...

That's cool. Maybe they'll be showing some of Wonder Woman's affinity with animals.

Not sure if serious.

First unicorns aren't really apart of greek mythology, so there's better mythical creatures for them to choose from.

Second, a tiger is possible. There are many times Wonder Woman has been shown with animals of all different kinds from birds to lions, etc. Perhaps she have a few non mythological ones hang around on Themyscira too.
    Last edited by Farron; 04-19-2016 at 10:45 PM.