Page 68 of 254 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3801
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I don't think Wonder Woman should be AS strong as Superman anyway; comparable, yes, (which obviously she was in the film to anyone with eyes) but not AS strong. For me, I always liked the dichotomy of Superman being stronger but Diana being able to win in a fight with him because she's a more skilled fighter. Not as strong but smarter beats stronger in my book.
    I'm not really a fan of this arbitrary gray area concerning WW's strength...she doesn't have to be AS strong, since Superman is in some way still DC's flagship character, and Batman arguably their most marketable, but Diana has always seemed to get the short end of the stick, seemingly staying consistently in publication out of fear of losing the rights to her and another company doing more with her...but let me stop derailing...

Diana seems to have always been the least developed, shorthanded, and misused member of the trinity of DC. Her strength has drastically fluctuated from God level Superman strength, to street level Batman strength. It seems as though being "NOT as strong as Superman", and on the other hand, being "NOT as smart as Batman" has been the foundation to her character for which she's based on. I really wish DC, the editorial, and whoever else is in charge of her promotion/branding/marketing will get to setting some consistent staples with her character.
    Last edited by Amazon Swordsman; 06-07-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

^Oh I agree with all of this actually.

What is wrong with having a super-heroine to be the exact equal to a super-hero really?

I don't get it. I find it quite normal.

Some of you will say : yeah but Supergirl, But Powergirl are as powerful as Superman.
    Yeah, but it's only because they are from his lore and he still is the first of the Supers, so technically all the others are just copies of himself but in female form.

But Wonder Woman? Seems like people can't handle the fact that she is as powerful as Superman. Patriarchy still has a strong grip on the way people see gender issues, it's crazy!

Why would physical power be only a male thing while being strategic or smart would be a woman thing? Isn't that stupid? Having Wonder Woman to be as powerful as Superman does not take away from Superman but it gives a lot to the representation of Women in popular culture, which in return influences its evolution.

So, we should just accept that she has to stay a level under the male hero because...of reasons? I don't agree, at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    You don't say? The thing is, I don't want Wonder Woman to be the Sergio Ramos to Superman's Ronaldo, nah that's not good enough for me. I want Wonder Woman to be the Messi if Messi and Ronaldo played in the same team. That's what i want, nothing more nothing less
    And where has your faith been dashed to the point that she wont be? Snyder claiming Superman is very important to the League? Thats not a new thing really, if you recall Flashpoint and 'the Nail' stories and the results of Superman never appearing.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

That fight is not really strong evidence to gauge how strong x person was. WW hadn't fought in 100years and Superman don't forget had quite a lot of kryptonite thrown at him prior and got nuked. They're both incredibly strong and key members of the JL, don't see the big deal here at all.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Confirmed: NO INVISIBLE JET

http://www.people.com/article/wonder...ry-comic-movie

"It will have its own tone and look – it's beautiful," Nelson says. "There is humor in it, there is real emotion in Diana's journey in discovering the complexity of man."
    One thing it won't have? "There is no invisible jet," Nelson spills. "Not in this iteration."
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

"It will have its own tone and look – it's beautiful," Nelson says. "There is humor in it, there is real emotion in Diana's journey in discovering the complexity of man."
    One thing it won't have? "There is no invisible jet," Nelson spills. "Not in this iteration."
    i was hoping for at little something even if it was like just a joke or a small reference. oh well still sure itll be great

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

good. im hoping she gains the ability to fly somehow.

BANNED

Is any of Wonder Woman's iconic stuff gonna be in this movie I wonder, other than supporting characters nobody's heard about before, such as Orana and Whosiewhatsit? It's almost as if they cherry-picked the worst bits of every era and combined them all together, I mean the most exciting development I heard about this movie was when they announced they were making it. Beyond that, there really hasn't been a lot to get excited about, on the contrary, they keep chipping away at Wonder Woman. And then they have the chutzpah to say they make movies for the fans. Well, Realwonderman might actually believe that.

Is any of Wonder Woman's iconic stuff gonna be in this movie I wonder, other than supporting characters nobody's heard about before, such as Orana and Whosiewhatsit? It's almost as if they cherry-picked the worst bits of every era and combined them all together, I mean the most exciting development I heard about this movie was when they announced they were making it. Beyond that, there really hasn't been a lot to get excited about, on the contrary, they keep chipping away at Wonder Woman. And then they have the chutzpah to say they make movies for the fans. Well, Realwonderman might actually believe that.
    You mean iconic stuff like her origin, her costume, her family, her powers, her lasso, her bracelets, her personality, her story? Hm.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love how you go right to Orana to try and prove your point and ignore the fact that Hippolyta, Steve and Etta are confirmed to be in this. And most likely Ares as the main villain, and possibly other Greek gods. And the likelihood that Anaya is playing Circe, Barbara Minerva, or some other big WW name character.

The lack of Invisible Jet does not equal WW getting slighted. A sizable chunk of the fanbase hates it. I'm not one of them, but I'm not too upset either. Everything else, like her costume, tools, origin, major supporting cast, and ties to Greek myth are there. Your stance that the DCEU is also slighting her due to BvS doesn't make sense either. That was probably the best instance of a female hero doing something in a CBM since ever. She was powerful, not objectified (meanwhile, Clark and Bruce catered to the female gaze in several scenes), and got to hold her own against a really impressive opponent instead of fighting a weaker one or having a Designated Chick Fight like Gamora vs. Nebula. She's not as powerful as Superman, but that's been true since the dawn of time, so there's no sense in complaining about it now. She doesn't need to be in order to be an impressive heavy hitter.

Ultimate Member

Yes she's got her origins, home island, mother, "sister" Amazons, costume, classic supporting cast, lasso, powers/abilities, perhaps some of her classic villains, etc, but not having the invisible plane (which is rather controversial even amongst fans) somehow means that she's being "slighted."

Besides, if most of this film takes place during WWI, then the jet makes no sense anyway because, the early jets didn't come around until the 1940's (the Germans used them during the latter stages of WWII for example).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love how you go right to Orana to try and prove your point and ignore the fact that Hippolyta, Steve and Etta are confirmed to be in this. And most likely Ares as the main villain, and possibly other Greek gods. And the likelihood that Anaya is playing Circe, Barbara Minerva, or some other big WW name character.

The lack of Invisible Jet does not equal WW getting slighted. A sizable chunk of the fanbase hates it. I'm not one of them, but I'm not too upset either. Everything else, like her costume, tools, origin, major supporting cast, and ties to Greek myth are there. Your stance that the DCEU is also slighting her due to BvS doesn't make sense either. That was probably the best instance of a female hero doing something in a CBM since ever. She was powerful, not objectified (meanwhile, Clark and Bruce catered to the female gaze in several scenes), and got to hold her own against a really impressive opponent instead of fighting a weaker one or having a Designated Chick Fight like Gamora vs. Nebula. She's not as powerful as Superman, but that's been true since the dawn of time, so there's no sense in complaining about it now. She doesn't need to be in order to be an impressive heavy hitter.
    She seems to be just as strong as supes from what we could tell or its at least a possibility for her

Ultimate Member

If BVS is any indication, then yeah she seems at least close to being as strong as him. Granted we don't see a ton of her in action there though. And they've also said that that film didn't reveal ALL of her abilities/skills either.

BANNED

You mean iconic stuff like her origin, her costume, her family, her powers, her lasso, her bracelets, her personality, her story? Hm.
    All evidence points to Wonder Woman being the daughter of Zeus and Antiope's never been, as far as I'm aware, Diana's tutor, she was the founder of the Bana-Mighdall, like, she didn't even live in Themyscira. Her costume is brown (ish) and she looks like Xena, her tiara has a wind rose on it, they sidelined the lasso in favor of the sword & shield and she's probably earthbound. Re: personality, Wonder Woman's never turned her back on humankind, she doesn't talk or dress like that and she would never slather 17 layers of makeup on her face, like ever.
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 06-16-2016 at 10:18 AM.