Page 74 of 254 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3801

Diana used her bracelets to deflect in BvS... why do we assume she won't continue to do so?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Diana used her bracelets to deflect in BvS... why do we assume she won't continue to do so?
    When she has her big shield in both the BvS movie and her solo, why do we assume she is going to do much with the bullets and bracelets? It's obvious they are emphasizing the shield and sword versus the bracelets and lasso.

come to think of it, when she did that Bracelets thing, how come Bruce came out alive?
    the shockwave had the power to knock back Doomsday a bit lol

The Aegis Effect clearly shown was far more potent a shield than her actual shield turned out to be. (She uses it more than once during the battle.)

Which is my point that she doesn't need that big Captain America Shield for what her regular gear already does. Also, it would have been more believable with her coming from the plane that she just had her regular gear than sword and shield....where did it come from? LOL.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And I would remind you that a hummingbirds wings move in a set pattern in order to hold a position, Diana's arms however is going to have to move to cover 9 different points a second because no gun firing at that speed has ever been able to hit one single point due to recoil... ones at her knee, another at her head, then her shoulder, knee again, lower body, foot... and so on, it's not going to be a choreographed dance.
    and? there are animals in the real world that can flap their wings up to 80 times a second so nobody's gonna tell me that deflecting 9 (or 18 or even a thousand) bullets per second is too outlandish for a supernatural being in a bloody comic book movie…We've seen Superman break the sound barrier, tow a ship through thick ice, we've seen Batman defeat "God" and Flash travel back in time…but we're drawing the line at Wonder Woman deflecting 9 bullets per second?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Because it would severely limit the speculative negativity. :P
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First official synopsis for WONDER WOMAN:

“Wonder Woman” hits movie theaters around the world next summer when Gal Gadot returns as the title character in the epic action adventure from director Patty Jenkins. Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

Joining Gadot in the international cast are Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner and Saïd Taghmaoui. Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg, based on characters from DC Entertainment. Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston. The film is produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Richard Suckle, with Rebecca Roven, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with RatPac-Dune Entertainment, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, “Wonder Woman.” The film is scheduled for release on June 2, 2017, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...oes-Magic-Myth

Johns wrote WW? Good, Heinberg was making me worried. He did write pan...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    heinberg didn't wrote pan. I don't trust johns or heiberg that much for many reasons

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    He didn't write Pan, Heinberg wrote manly for tv so far: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0374302/
    He also wrote a WW comic arc: Who is Wonder Woman?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

"Diana will discover her full powers and her true destiny."

Hm. Almost like that one scene in which some people want to put so much stock isn't indicative of Diana's powers for the entire movie.

Who'da thunk it?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

After Pan I'm glad that Fuchs' name isn't attached to this movie.

Before Darkseid War this would have been terrible news as Johns' take on Wonder Woman in Justice League: Origins was terrible, but Johns wrote one of the best versions of Wonder Woman I had seen in a long while during Darkseid War.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    heinberg didn't wrote pan. I don't trust johns or heiberg that much for many reasons
    Oops, got my writers mixed up.

Not sure how I feel about this news. Heinbergs WW arc was a hot mess but he did understand her personality. Johns is a great writer and can craft a great story but often portrays Diana like Thor. If we get Heinbergs understanding of her character and Johns talent of creating a compelling story, it could work.

I wish I know more about the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Before Darkseid War this would have been terrible news as Johns' take on Wonder Woman in Justice League: Origins was terrible, but Johns wrote one of the best versions of Wonder Woman I had seen in a long while during Darkseid War.
    I hope we get Diana as she was during the Amazo Virus Story Arc, and less like she was during Darkseid War, because all Diana did was give us Monologue, and stand there watching everything happen around her. Amazo War though, she was exciting, powerful, vibrant and a leader.
    Richard Alexander