Page 86 of 254 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3801
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Yall want zeus to be her dad so badly and by the same token don't want her to fly. What sense is this?

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I am sorry guys but I think that is nonsense. It shows an immense lack of respect for the character for all of her powers not to be displayed like the other heroes. Superman used to leap tall buildings in a single bound before he started flying; after he started flying, this power has not been discontinued since. Wonder Woman started flying consistently for nearly 30 years until Brian Azar (whatever his name is) came along, and depowered her.

She is not just a warrior, she is a super hero. She is Wonder Woman, and I most definitely can picture Gal's Wonder Woman flying because she is playing Wonder Woman.

If they choose not to make her fly then so be it, but I am going to say it; it reflects negatively on the mindsets of certain people when they OK overpowering a certain character and depowering a certain character in the same continuity.

I'll read what you have to say tomorrow.
    On the panel, Patty didn't address her flying...she said "we cannot talk" and then she only addressed the invisible jet. So, still "up in the air." teeheehee

Also, anyone notice what Gal said before she struck her favorite pose? "I don't have my bracelets with me right now, so I hope nothing's gonna happen." Could she be referring to God Mode?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Loved the trailer and Gal looks better and better being Wonder Woman.
    I hope she can fly eventually, D C and Warner Bros would be cutting off there nose to spite there face
    if she don't.
    Captain Marvel is sure damn well going to be flying and looking quite awesome doing it.
    I don't need Diana "needing" a ride every time a big threat arrives.
    It is like many have said, Superman started off leaping over buildings and soon developed powers
    to fly and he kept them because flying into space to stop a meteorite is more cool than him
    standing on Earth with a giant bat waiting to smack the meteorite off Earth and into the Sun (well actually..... that would be cool).
    but I think my point is taken.

I am sorry guys but I think that is nonsense. It shows an immense lack of respect for the character for all of her powers not to be displayed like the other heroes. Superman used to leap tall buildings in a single bound before he started flying; after he started flying, this power has not been discontinued since. Wonder Woman started flying consistently for nearly 30 years until Brian Azar (whatever his name is) came along, and depowered her.

She is not just a warrior, she is a super hero. She is Wonder Woman, and I most definitely can picture Gal's Wonder Woman flying because she is playing Wonder Woman.

If they choose not to make her fly then so be it, but I am going to say it; it reflects negatively on the mindsets of certain people when they OK overpowering a certain character and depowering a certain character in the same continuity.

I'll read what you have to say tomorrow.
    I don't understand how we are being disrespectful to the character (my tumblr though is another matter!), flight was never an original component of her power set. During the 60's or 70's she developed the ability to glide, but it wasn't until the Perez reboot she could actually fly. I personally enjoy the Golden Age stuff (Not just Marston, but Robert Kanigher's work is good too) and yes, the Azzarello's run the most. Is it a coincidence that my favourite runs as of now lack Wonder Woman's flight ability? Yeah, probably.

My problem with flight as a Wonder Woman power is it has never organically melded with the character. Superman earned his ability to fly not long after he was created and because of this he was able to make the ability his own. Whether Superman is patrolling the city or fighting bad guys Superman's ability to fly is ever present on the author's mind. I don't think this is the case for Wonder Woman and, especially in regards to combat. The cool sword and lasso combat we see in the trailer? It doesn't make sense if the character can fly, she would approach combat in a completely different manner. A less interesting manner too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Yall want zeus to be her dad so badly and by the same token don't want her to fly. What sense is this?
    I'm more or less indifferent to the Zeus thing. In my perfect origin story for the character she would just be the most exceptional Amazon. I don't really like the fact that she is Hippolyta's daughter, I think the problem with too many DC heroes is that their position as heroes is secured by their parents. Batman had his parent's wealth, Superman survived by his father's brilliance, and Wonder Woman is (traditionally) the product of Queen Hyppolyta praying to have a child. I'd just make her the best Amazon.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

I want her to fly as well. But I'm not going to act like it's always been a part of her character, because it hasn't. And if it's an ability that she develops later on, well then so be it.

On the WONDER WOMAN CC trailer...

'Brought to life by Zeus'...I predicted that might be the route, this film would take.

The trailer shows Diana stalking Danny Huston, who (I surmised FOUR mos ago) was playing historic German General, Erich Ludendorff, looks to be doing that. Ludendorff will be Ares or his minion in disguise...also, my prediction.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member

He did seem to be wearing a general's uniform. Huston playing a German general could be hilarious to see (especially if he tries to put on an accent).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't understand how we are being disrespectful to the character (my tumblr though is another matter!), flight was never an original component of her power set. During the 60's or 70's she developed the ability to glide, but it wasn't until the Perez reboot she could actually fly. I personally enjoy the Golden Age stuff (Not just Marston, but Robert Kanigher's work is good too) and yes, the Azzarello's run the most. Is it a coincidence that my favourite runs as of now lack Wonder Woman's flight ability? Yeah, probably.

My problem with flight as a Wonder Woman power is it has never organically melded with the character. Superman earned his ability to fly not long after he was created and because of this he was able to make the ability his own. Whether Superman is patrolling the city or fighting bad guys Superman's ability to fly is ever present on the author's mind. I don't think this is the case for Wonder Woman and, especially in regards to combat. The cool sword and lasso combat we see in the trailer? It doesn't make sense if the character can fly, she would approach combat in a completely different manner. A less interesting manner too.
    If by earn the ability to fly you mean ripped it off from Captain Marvel when DC saw how he was kicking their asses in sales.

How does her being able to fly mean the Lasso and sword don't make sense? This is like saying the hammer doesn't make sense if Thor can fly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    If it's not there, then how does she get Steve back home?
    Weren't they in a boat? ROFLOLLLOL....

Poor Diana, is this what you have come to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Flight was never an original component of Superman's powers but they respected the character enough to allow him to "own" this power. With Wonder Woman over the years, they keep depowering her, "trying to make her human", yadda yadda yadda, and it is pure horse dung. In Wonder Woman's current continuity, she is able to fly. People ought to leave her be and quit trying to strip her of her power.

Wonder Woman is not Xena warrior princess. A part of Xena's concept came from her, I'll agree, but she is not just created to be a one dimensional warrior. In the Justice League cartoons, I saw her fly and fight parademons, Thanagarians, (in Justice League War) Darkseid in the air using martial arts, her lasso, her bare fists, her sword, and her bracelets. Thats the way its supposed to be. Quit trying to marginalize the character for lack of a better word. If shes been flying since 1987 to the current year, LET HER BE.

Even in 2016, some things can't change.

*exits podium*
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-24-2016 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    On the panel, Patty didn't address her flying...she said "we cannot talk" and then she only addressed the invisible jet. So, still "up in the air." teeheehee

Also, anyone notice what Gal said before she struck her favorite pose? "I don't have my bracelets with me right now, so I hope nothing's gonna happen." Could she be referring to God Mode?
    I'm gonna have to watch the video!

I'm gonna have to watch the video!
    It felt like Patty was avoiding on purpose. Let me know what you think, I'm çurious.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm ok with Wonder Woman leaping great distances like the Hulk rather than flying.

'Brought to life by Zeus' sounds more like the Zeus lightening bolt bringing Hippolyta's clay baby to life origin rather than the 52 version.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 07-24-2016 at 08:48 AM.

the best reaction.