Page 88 of 254 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3801

I was watching some of those reaction videoes on YouTube where people film themselves seeing the trailer for the first time. Seeing people burst into tears at the sight of Wonder Woman holding the Lasso of Truth shows you just how important this character is to so many of us. I can not even begin to explain how great it is that Wonder Woman is the first female lead superhero movie of this post-Ironman era. The fact that Diana is one of the most talked about characters coming out of Comic Con just fills me with so much happiness. I've loved a lot of the Marvel movies but it just wouldn't feel right if Wonder Woman wasn't the first female superhero to have her own movie.

I've been doing that quite a lot too, watching reaction videos, and the reactions are in the majority very very positive. Out of the 50+ videos I've watched, I think there was maybe 1 or 2 negative reviews but the emotional response from all the rest make these negative reception very meaningless to me.

It just happens.

I saw that the trailer has convinced people that considered themselves to be at worst not expecting much from Wonder Woman and at best just DC sceptics, but their change of mind is really promising.
    And indeed, it is the lasso of truth that triggered most of the outburst in reaction.
    It was very cool to watch and made me hopeful.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I've been doing that quite a lot too, watching reaction videos, and the reactions are in the majority very very positive. Out of the 50+ videos I've watched, I think there was maybe 1 or 2 negative reviews but the emotional response from all the rest make these negative reception very meaningless to me.

It just happens.

I saw that the trailer has convinced people that considered themselves to be at worst not expecting much from Wonder Woman and at best just DC sceptics, but their change of mind is really promising.
    And indeed, it is the lasso of truth that triggered most of the outburst in reaction.
    It was very cool to watch and made me hopeful.
    Wow, you actually found some negative reactions? I've been looking pretty thoroughly and I haven't found any truly negative ones yet. I've encountered a few people who weren't completely sold on every little aspect of the trailer, but they've all pretty much said that the good outweighs the bad, and plenty are saying that there's no bad whatsoever.

But yeah, the important thing is that this trailer is setting the Internet of fire right now. (Good fire, not bad fire.) I love the diversity of people who are praising the trailer as well. I've seen men praising it. I've seen women praising it. I've seen white, black, Asian, and Hispanic people praising it. Some are even praising it in other languages. I saw two girls who only spoke Spanish in their reaction video. Couldn't understand a word they said, but happiness and excitement look the same in any language.

Heck, I think we should post some of the best reaction vids we find.

My first offering? An adorable Australian chick who totally grooves out when Diana's theme hits.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yeah I did find two videos actually but I have watched so many of them that I'm not sure I could find them again. Basically, it looked like they were sorts of marvel fanboys who only had "captain america" in their mouth, and I didn't find their arguments really smart, it just showed their general ignorance when it comes to the Wonder Woman lore.

I think I know what videos you're mentionning, with two hispanic girl and one of them just cried at the end and said "thank you Patty Jenkins, thank you Warner bros".

There are also people who were kinda neutral but said that they found the trailer so good, they hoped they would not be let down once the whole movie is out, and I've heard a lot of them saying thing like "Warnerbros, please don't mess it up, please don't let us down. This speaks volume of the weight of Wonder Woman as a character in popular culture.
    I'm really happy!
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 07-30-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: language please :)

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Attachment 38324

New Photo.
    Awesome!

Here's a nice article published today: http://screenrant.com/powers-you-did...der-woman-had/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Awesome!

Here's a nice article published today: http://screenrant.com/powers-you-did...der-woman-had/
    Love it. What a wonder fan the writer is!

Incredible Member

After seeing that trailer I'm more excited to see this than JL and I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan.

This is veeeeery interesting...

http://time.com/4420702/wonder-woman...vie-gal-gadot/

“She grew up in Themyscira where she was very safe and protected, and she thought she knew everything that there was to know about the world,” said Gadot. “When she left Themyscira to go the world of men, she realized there’s so much more to learn and so much she doesn’t understand.”

“Like the great origin stories, it has a classic coming-of-age arc. She starts wanting to save the world and do the right thing,” added director Patty Jenkins. “She doesn’t realize that she has something to do with the gods. You’re looking at a god coming into mankind, she’s a god seeing what mankind is capable of, what an incredible story arc that creates.”
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    This is veeeeery interesting...

http://time.com/4420702/wonder-woman...vie-gal-gadot/

“She grew up in Themyscira where she was very safe and protected, and she thought she knew everything that there was to know about the world,” said Gadot. “When she left Themyscira to go the world of men, she realized there’s so much more to learn and so much she doesn’t understand.”

“Like the great origin stories, it has a classic coming-of-age arc. She starts wanting to save the world and do the right thing,” added director Patty Jenkins. “She doesn’t realize that she has something to do with the gods. You’re looking at a god coming into mankind, she’s a god seeing what mankind is capable of, what an incredible story arc that creates.”
    Interesting, indeed.

Calling her a "god" may not mean she's literally a god. DC characters are often likened to the gods of myth. Superman and Diana more than most.

But that sounds like an absolutely perfect Wonder Woman origin story. It's a good way to show she's not perfect. She only thinks she knows everything, but she quickly learns how much more she has to learn. It lets her have that naïve innocence about her, while still letting her show her wisdom and strength.

So excited! I'm so glad we got Patty Jenkins as a director. I'm sure Michelle Maclaren would've done a good job, but Jenkins just seems to "get it."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Guys, it looks like it is curtain call for the DCEU! Not enough quips I imagine

How does SS failing make you feel about this movie?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

It hasn't failed yet. Some critics don't like it. Boo-hoo. Just ask Michael Bay how important critical approval is to the success of a movie.

I'm thinking Wonder Woman may be the movie that really shows everyone what DC has to offer, though. If they play their cards right, Diana can do a LOT to turn things around. For one thing, DC's movies may be struggling, but people REALLY love a lot of their female characters. Faora, Wonder Woman, Harley is being hailed as excellent even by the negative critics. If Diana's movie does well, then DC/WB might be well-served to capitalize on it and try to establish themselves as "THE Female Superhero Studio." Marvel has been annoying people for a long time with their underrepresentation of women. DC is doing quite well there. If they build on it, they could at least carve out a loyal niche market.

The future isn't dark yet, kids. Wonder Woman might just be the beacon of hope that DC/WB needs.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

I already knew SS wouldn't be good, not surprises here. good for getting memes

WW has great trailers, just like SS and Bvs, so I'm cautious, I already saw this movie 2 times.

harley quinn on suicide squad is far away from being s strong female showing, she is sexualized, uses panties, get some strong misoginy. from everything I heard, this is not a good movie for women.
    I still thing the best woman from DCEU still is Lois, best detective than Batman, not sexualized but still has sexuality. Hope the same for the solo wonder woman movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It hasn't failed yet. Some critics don't like it. Boo-hoo. Just ask Michael Bay how important critical approval is to the success of a movie.

I'm thinking Wonder Woman may be the movie that really shows everyone what DC has to offer, though. If they play their cards right, Diana can do a LOT to turn things around. For one thing, DC's movies may be struggling, but people REALLY love a lot of their female characters. Faora, Wonder Woman, Harley is being hailed as excellent even by the negative critics. If Diana's movie does well, then DC/WB might be well-served to capitalize on it and try to establish themselves as "THE Female Superhero Studio." Marvel has been annoying people for a long time with their underrepresentation of women. DC is doing quite well there. If they build on it, they could at least carve out a loyal niche market.

The future isn't dark yet, kids. Wonder Woman might just be the beacon of hope that DC/WB needs.
    You may be right, but I refuse to read any SS reviews until I see the movie next week. People have to understand (myself included) that Marvel movies are written differently (lighter) than DC movies. A marvel movie is like a Justice League Unlimited live action episode for 2.5 hours long. Its light hearted, sharpe witted, and full of action; that was the case for me with The Avengers (2012) movie. It was like action scene after action scene non stop, and all the heroes were working together and each bringing their own unique power and skill to defeating the enemy. I believe most movie goers feel that a movie in the comic book genre shouldn't be filled with superfluous garbage or drama. Most people I know and have read from the internet expect action. The love scenes and the emo angst should be reserved for a different genre, in my humble opinion.

I am not even a Marvel fan, but I remember walking out that movie theatre anxiously anticipating the sequel.

Man Of Steel wasn't bad in the action department; and I just loved the sequence of the events. BvS, not so much. Except for Wonder Woman's scenes, which were also action packed, with a kick ass rhythm. Hell she even grinned during battle - that is what movie goers of comic book films are after. Again, my opinion.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 08-02-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I already knew SS wouldn't be good, not surprises here. good for getting memes
    Seen it already? Then you still don't know whether it'll be good or not.

harley quinn on suicide squad is far away from being s strong female showing, she is sexualized, uses panties, get some strong misoginy. from everything I heard, this is not a good movie for women.
    Not every female character needs to be a beacon of feminism to still be an enjoyable character, you are aware? Harley is a counterpoint to Diana. They're opposite ends of a spectrum. If all you build up is one end of a spectrum, then you have no contrast.

And Harley still, more than likely, leaves Joker by the end of this movie, so it's not hard to say that she still makes some kind of strong feminist statement. She's an abused woman who eventually turns on her abuser.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

If Suicide Squad fares very well, I think it will help Wonder Woman.
    If Suicide Squad falls flat, I don't think it will have any effect of Wonder Woman.
    I just feel Wonder Woman will swim or sink on her own merits and the only thing
    Suicide Squad could do for her, is be a hit and have people wanting to see more
    of the D C Universe, other wise, I think just it being Wonder Woman will be enough
    to at least peak movie goers interest.