Page 9 of 254 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Geoff Johns ‏@geoffjohns 7 hHá 7 horas
    @PattyJenks It's THE DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    This was great to wake up to!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    but; day of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    but; day of what?
    First day of filming, right?

I can't believe this is actually going to happen. Such a dream come true.

Also, as for spoilers:
    Ares as the mastermind and Circe as the "puppet," I'm a little iffy on it. I would love to see a grandiose female villain and I feel like Circe would've been the best bet, but she'll likely die in the final battle with Wonder Woman while Ares continues on for the sequel. I think Silver Swan or Deimos/Phobos/Decay would've made more sense in the grand scheme of things (or even Strife).
    end of spoilers

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Production was supposed to start in the fall so looks like we're on track. Johns is in England too where they'll begin shooting that makes me so happy.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Attachment 28861
    Today....I was HOPING the location was listed, but it wasn't. But, it was three hours ago...:
    "Morning work out! The best way to start my day!!!"

Posted today....5 hours ago, so it was morning wherever she is...haha

'Morning work out! The best way to start my day!!!

Gal Wonder Work out.jpg

Fantastic Member

Okay, now I am EXCITED!!! Filming has started!!!KSUQhCT.jpgBwWgCaM.jpg

So she meets Steve Trevor during WWI? That means he's long dead by the time the movie jumps to the present day. Unless he gets frozen like a certain well known super soldier we aren't going to see Steve Trevor working with the Justice League or in any Wonder Woman sequels. I hope they have something up their sleeve or else that's going to be incredibly lame.

I'm a little confused as to how he's going to stay Chris Pine, too.

I wonder who Said Taghmaoui is playing... Maybe General Darnell?

Ultimate Member

I looks like their wearing WWI-era clothing to me, especially Said. Pine looks like he's wearing WWI trench boots as well.

Also wasn't Said Taghmaoui in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra? I just saw part of it again the other day and that kind of looks like him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a little confused as to how he's going to stay Chris Pine, too.

I wonder who Said Taghmaoui is playing... Maybe General Darnell?
    -Pine plays Steve's great-grandson, also named Steve Trevor.
    -Steve gets affected by some of the mystical stuff that he encounters in this movie, which affects his aging.
    -Steve gets stuck on Themiscyra, which also affects his aging.
    -Etc.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Circe was kept young by an elixir called vitae in the comics so perhaps Trevor takes some of that.

Loved Said Taghmaoui in La Haine.

Fantastic Member

I think the WWI period setting, which doesn't even have any precedence in the comics, is a mistake. World War II is already given more emphasis in people's perceptions of the character than it should have due to the Lynda Carter show, even though Wonder Woman isn't necessarily tied to that era either (it's sort of like thinking that Batman needs to be in the 1930s). Wonder Woman doesn't need to be further distanced from the audience in her first big screen live action appearance. Any supporting cast introduced in the WWI era would be wasted and rendered unusable in the present day.

I hope they have Chris Pine playing a similar looking descendant of the original Steve Trevor, because making him immortal or frozen in time would be rather weird. Still would rather have the movie be fully set in the present though.

Ultimate Member

WWII is overused in fiction period. Plus we just had a big CBM set during WWII a few years back. WWI is just as interesting a time period, but much less played around in. And if the movie is good, then the audience won't care if it's set in a different time period. Just like they didn't care that the first Captain America movie was set during WWII. If anything, since most CBM's are set in present-day, the period piece element just gives it it's own unique flavor, which is a GOOD thing imo. And who cares if the WWI supporting cast isn't used in present-day, if they're cool/interesting characters. AGAIN, it hasn't hurt CA since they've done interesting things with that very idea. Plus there's always flashbacks.

Since when is getting a good movie out of characters considered "wasting" them these days. That used to be a GOOD thing in film. But I guess that, if they're not in like 4-5 films in rapid succession, then they're being "wasted" in some fan's minds.