Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 421 to 429 of 429
  1. #421
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm going to revise it with some more tropes.

    Gimme a 7 member team that has:

    1. A telepath
    2. A teleporter
    3. A fastball special (2 person combo)
    4. A love triangle (3 person combo)
    5. A former villain
    6. A flyer
    7. A genius
    8. A student
    9. A killer
    10. Someone who follows rules
    11. Someone who breaks rules
    12. Someone LGBTQ+
    13. Someone international
    14. Someone blue
    15. Someone introduced in the 20th century
    16. Someone introduced in the 21st century
    17. Someone with strange hair
    18. Someone who's been in a major motion picture
    19. Someone with divided loyalties
    20. Someone with an ignored magical backstory
    21. Someone with a job or career
    22. Drinking buddies (2 person combo)
    May I have an example of a forgotten magical backstory? Like how Storm and Kitty have magic potential?

  2. #422
    Extraordinary Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,711

    Default

    It’s a weak trope, for sure. But I mean things like Storm’s matrilineal priestesses, Nightcrawler’s witch mother, the Braddock’s Otherworld lineage, Forge’s shamanism, Warpath’s shamanism, etc etc

    Actually 18 & 20 are both lame requisites. They’re meant to age up the roster mix. The movie casting lends itself to established characters, and magic is a Claremontism.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 05-18-2020 at 09:17 PM.

  3. #423
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It’s a weak trope, for sure. But I mean things like Storm’s matrilineal priestesses, Nightcrawler’s witch mother, the Braddock’s Otherworld lineage, Forge’s shamanism, Warpath’s shamanism, etc etc

    Actually 18 & 20 are both lame requisites. They’re meant to age up the roster mix. The movie casting lends itself to established characters, and magic is a Claremontism.
    Depending on how major their role in the film has to be, you do have the Cuckoos (I know they cameo'ed in one of the Original Trilogy films, but can't remember which. I think it was X3) and Quentin (end of Dark Phoenix) even if we never actually saw them use their powers. Glob was also in X3.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  4. #424
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    1. Nurse Amelia Voght
    2. Dr. Henry McCoy
    3. Dr. Cecelia Reyes
    4. Nurse Annie
    5. Dr. Lian Shen
    6. Nurse Sharon Corsi
    7. Dr. Moira MacTaggert

  5. #425
    Fantastic Member Ser Pounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Had some time so sketched your team. may do some more.

    Attachment 96807
    I really like this sketch! Nice job!

  6. #426
    Fantastic Member Ser Pounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    I think a team of:

    Storm
    Madelyne Pryor
    Magik
    Emma Frost
    M
    Moonstar
    Wolverine(X-23)

    Could be quite fun.

    (I would also like Polaris and Psylocke(Betsy) if I could have 2 more)
    Last edited by Ser Pounce; 05-19-2020 at 04:04 AM.

  7. #427
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I think a team of:

    Storm
    Madelyne Pryor
    Magik
    Emma Frost
    M
    Moonstar
    Wolverine(X-23)

    Could be quite fun.

    (I would also like Polaris and Psylocke(Betsy) if I could have 2 more)
    this is an amazing team! never would have thought of it. i'm goint to sketch all 9. i know seven but this 9 is like wow for me. never would have thought of this team but it sounds so fun. I think Storm would enjoy the darker qualities of maddie and they could be friends in a way that would make jean envious and i love Jean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #428
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,414

    Default

    Dark X-men
    Vulcan
    Madelyne Pryor
    Daken
    Dark Beast
    Adrienne Frost
    Xorn
    Cassandra Nova

  9. #429
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm going to revise it with some more tropes.

    Gimme a 7 member team that has:

    1. A telepath
    2. A teleporter
    3. A fastball special (2 person combo)
    4. A love triangle (3 person combo)
    5. A former villain
    6. A flyer
    7. A genius
    8. A student
    9. A killer
    10. Someone who follows rules
    11. Someone who breaks rules
    12. Someone LGBTQ+
    13. Someone international
    14. Someone blue
    15. Someone introduced in the 20th century
    16. Someone introduced in the 21st century
    17. Someone with strange hair
    18. Someone who's been in a major motion picture
    19. Someone with divided loyalties
    20. Someone with an ignored magical backstory
    21. Someone with a job or career
    22. Drinking buddies (2 person combo)
    1. Polaris (6, 9, 11, 14, 15, 17, 21)
    2. Emma Frost (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22)
    3. Sage (1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 19, 22)
    4. Marvel Girl (1, 3, 4, 6, 10, 15, 18, 22)
    5. Bishop (4, 10, 15, 20, 21, 22)
    6. Karma (9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 21)
    7. Jeffrey Garret (2, 8, 9, 11, 16)

    Love triangle: Jean, Bishop and Sage
    Drinking buddies: Sage and Bishop in X-Treme; Emma and Jean in HiX-Men
    Fastball Special: Jean flings diamond form Emma around as a weapon.
    Polaris is feeling blue on Krakoa and Emma is blue tinted in diamond form.

    Polaris knows Jean Grey well and worked with Emma Frost during Milligan's Magnificent Run. Emma and Sage worked together in the HFC, and Sage and Bishop investigated her murder. Karma knows Jean as long time X-Characters, once possessed and admired the Tigress, Sage, and taught at the school under Emma. She also took care of Jeffrey Garret when he was a ghost. Jeffrey Garret is a current student who, like Sage, was abused by and tried to kill Elias Bogan. Bishop and Jean made out in X-Man's universe and he was on X-Treme Sage. They hunted down Jeffrey Garret together when he was murdering people associated with Bogan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •