My X-Men roster:

Nightcrawler
    Chamber
    Marrow
    Hellion
    Lifeguard
    Rockslide
    Pixie (possibly)

All members either of obviously mutated or disfigured appearance, and that's the thing that makes them band together.

I'd love to read an X-book like this!!

Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Emma Frost
    Rogue
    Gambit
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

My dream team would be
    Havok leader favorite all time X-character
    Madelyne Pryor connection to Mr Sinister, the Hellfire Club (telekinetic powers and maybe the healing ones from Xmen/Avengers book)
    Polaris connection to Magneto and love triangle w/ Alex and Maddy
    Bishop love the power set and personality, time travelling aspect that every good X-team needs
    Archangel connection to Apocalypse
    Sasquatch brains and brawn of team
    Aurora multiple personalities makes for multiple relationships
    It is the team I would pitch, because it was characters that might at any given time be available (not the obvious choices) and are my favorite characters on their respective teams during different eras.

HM: Sunspot with the Reignfire power set

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Hmm, what would be the mission-statement of this book then? What would these youngsters actually be doing? Mainly going to school and learning to control their powers, sort of the classic way of these books? Would it be in the Grey or Xavier institute btw? Or would it be more like X-men: Evolution, with them going to a regular school, and trying to fit in with the humans?
    Hmmm i can't really figure it out but i just love those characters. I would probably go with a mix between claremonts new mutants and the new x-men series with maybe a little kyost sprinkled on top.

X-treme X-Men

Gambit
    Rogue
    Deadpool
    Sage
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Cable

Storm (leader)
    Jean
    Beast
    Wolverine
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler

I did not just look at powers, but also at how well they could work together and trust each other. Nightcrawler, Jean and Beast all (usually) have something soothing about them. Jean and Storm are good friends, Wolverine, Rogue and Storm trust each other a lot. Same goes for Beast, Jean and Iceman, who all know each other from early days etc. None of these dislike each other or had mental affairs with their spouses

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Psylocke
    Canonball

or

Storm
    Iceman
    Bishop
    Jean
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Shadowcat
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Beast
    Shadow Cat
    Nightcrawler
    Jean/Rachel Grey
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Hmmm i can't really figure it out but i just love those characters. I would probably go with a mix between claremonts new mutants and the new x-men series with maybe a little kyost sprinkled on top.
    Well, these things are certainly tricky.

Me? I would have the book focused on Mutant-Human interaction! =) If you've read any of the last run of Generation X, the series ended with an all-new status quo that we pretty much hardly ever saw used (only in a few guest-appearances) - the school was opened up for regular humans! So suddenly there was a big load of new students, unaware that Jube's and Co were actually mutants.

I think something like that - but with the kids openly being mutant - Anole and so on, going to the New New Xavier-school, and try and get a proper education this time.

(I imagine the faculty would be made up of both a few X-men, but humans as well)

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

The New X-men
    "Patheon"
    This is a story about family, about love, and putting together the pieces of what we hope to be.

Quicksilver - Time Lord (armored wields a muramasa blackblade)
    Forge - Universal Builder
    Colossus - Strongest one there is (pym particles, Thanks forge)
    Rachel Grey - mental juggernaugt
    Martha Johansson - (bodies by forge)
    Zorn - Special blend - A Sun God
    Xorn - Special Blend - A Death God

Also this Team is a remake of the one the cabal killed except this one gets to win.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

So, I decided to expand my last post.

Uncanny X-Men: Cyclops, Storm, Rachel, Iceman, Magik, Beast, and Monet

This team would be sanctioned, through SHEILD/ US gov, to be the first responders to all super-powered incidents involving mutants in North America. It is a move that is initially unpopular with the general public, which is why the team would revive their PR campaign from the Utopia years. Cyclops would be the field leader, but Storm would be the public face of the team. As part of the bargain with SHEILD, Cyclops worked out a deal to get the president to push for pro-mutant legislation.

Some initial stories with the Purifiers, Madelyne Pryor (with Rachel, Phoenix, and a trip to the White Hot Room), a new mutant with his own soulsword, some classic villains, and the build up of a new team calling themselves the Upstarts who mean to start a bloody revolution. Things come to a head with the announcement that congress will be voting on the Mutant Equality Act, where supporters and protesters have gathered to cause a potential powder keg.

Some character stuff I would like to see: initially Rachel and Magik would be at odds with each other but become very good friends, Monet trolling Rachel by hitting on Cyclops who is, naturally, completely unaware of what's happening, some resolution between Beast and Cyclops, the girls take Iceman to a gay club where they immediately steal the spotlight, Storm being more like the assertive, competent leader she is.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

1. Cyclops. Always.
    2. Magneto. The uber-powerful devil on Scott's shoulder.
    3. Emma Frost. The telepath. Also a devil on Scott's shoulder.
    4. Banshee. The veteran with support skills as well as devastating offensive capabilities.
    5. X-23. The stealthy scrapper.
    6. Warpath. The tank.
    7. Archangel. The deadly air support.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Fed X
    (The Commission on Superhuman Affairs, no longer trusting mutants and in conjunction with the Marvel Universe's shadier corporations, form a strike force composed of rogue inhumans and augmented humans.)

1. The Answer - might be a new character/might be Aaron Nicholson. anyways, he's more or less the field leader/quarterback of the team. experiments have replaced his fight or flight response with the short-term development of superpowers; depending on the opponent or predicament. but, of more use to the team, is his natural ability to strategically assess situations and people.
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150701061958

2. Joystick (Janice Yanizeski) - competition driven energy baton wielding gymnast with greatly enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, reaction time, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance (cited as being roughly equal to spider-man).
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...___page_22.jpg

3. Hellrazor (Denton Phelps) - a mutate/former agent of roxxon oil co. whose ability to order kinetic energy enabled him to survive an attack by the Scourge of the Underworld. like Joystick, this team was his get-out-of-jail free card. for clarification, Hellrazor can draw upon any energy source to replenish (and enhance) his strength and stamina. primary weapons are a pair of wrist blades –and bracelets that fire a stream of sharp razors from his wrists
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/hellrazortbolts1.jpg

4. Polestar (Theo) brand new character/child of danish immigrants wearing the guise of a remote-detonated member of the Great Game. he was recruited by the CSA and underwent experiments that augmented his innocuous ability to emit short range electromagnetic pulses. he can fly, generate magnetic fields, and tractor beams. but he is not well-practiced in either.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/polst.htm

5. Tremolo (Malik) also a brand new character from the west indies wearing the guise of a remote-detonated member of the Great Game. terrigen exposure led to the uncontrollable shaking that ended his athletic career. the CSA was able to outfit him with a light weight suit that allows him to channel the tremors into vibratory force blasts.
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20131218020409

6. Mad Dog (Colonel Robert "Buzz" Baxter) - turned into a werewolf-like mutate by the Secret Empire - turned into a nano-collared bloodhound by the CSA
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...376e68c72a.jpg

7. Schizo-woman (Alisha Whitley) already a government operative and self-defense instructor prior to terrigenesis. Alisha has the ability to replicate herself. the number of replicates she can generate is currently unknown. all multiples are psychically connected.
    http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads...hizoid-man.jpg

in case it wasn't obvious, the basis for the group is x-factor; Random, Quicksilver, Strong Guy, Polaris, Havok, Wolfsbane, and Multiple-Man, respectively.

Cyclops
    Phoenix
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Shadowcat

Mimic
    Captain Britain
    Megan
    Juggernaut
    Banshee