Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I'll do several teams with a nod to the Blue & Gold era. M-Day affected members have or get their powers back. Tried for interesting interpersonal dynamics.

Blue Team
    Storm - Co-Leader, Elemental
    Jean Grey - Co-Leader, Psi
    Rogue - Brick, Wife to Gambit
    Gambit - Stealth, Thief, Husband to Rogue
    Beast - Brains, Clown
    X-23 - Stealth, Tracker
    Magik - Teleportation, Sorceress, Edgy, Snark

Gold Team
    Cannonball - Co-Leader, Air Support
    Moonstar - Co-Leader, Valkyrie, Specialized Psi
    Psylocke - Psi
    Nightcrawler - Conscience, Teleportation, Stealth, On again with Amanda
    Amanda Sefton - Sorceress, On again with Kurt
    Sunfire - Air Support, Fire Control, Snark
    Warpath - Brick, Stealth, Tracker

Support Staff - Largely stays at the mansion. They provide support, and they oversee the actual school.
    Professor X - Headmaster, Little to no involvement in overseeing field teams, character assassination largely retconned
    Cypher - Computer Expert, Linguist
    Prodigy - Brains
    Forge - Tech Master
    Kavita Rao - Physician
    Stevie Hunter - Having acquired a psychology degree, she now serves as a school psychologist. She'd still provide agility training via dance classes for students.
    Smasher - Wife to Cannonball, School Security, Onsite Brick

X-Factor - Government Sponsored Team, Synthesis of past team styles
    Cyclops - Looking for redemption from his more radical era, but retaining some edge
    Wolfsbane - Tracker, Stealth
    Polaris - Energy Manipulation
    Rachel Grey-Summers - Psi, recovering from newest bout of being a hound
    M - Looking for redemption from her time merged with Emplate, Snark, Brick
    Ariel - Teleportation
    Dr Nemesis - Brains, Snark

X-Force - Proactive team, willing to kill as a last resort
    Wolverine - Leader
    Domino - Probability powers, seeing Colossus on the rebound
    Colossus - Brick, seeing Domino on the rebound
    Bella Donna Boudreaux - Ex-wife to Gambit, looking for a new purpose
    Siryn - Recovering from her bout as the Morrigan
    Tom Corsi - Human, police training, long-time X-Men ally
    Sabra - Israeli Powerhouse, Mossad Trained. Think Ziva from NCIS

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hellion
    Armor
    Glob Herman
    Surge
    Match
    Elixir
    Dust

Pixie
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Mercury
    Indra
    Blindfold
    Trance

The new generation of X-Men
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hellion
    Armor
    Glob Herman
    Surge
    Match
    Elixir
    Dust

Pixie
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Mercury
    Indra
    Blindfold
    Trance

The new generation of X-Men
    It's a shame that most of these characters have been ruined in some way or another. If I were gonna do something similar I'd do something like...

Hope
    Hellion
    Kid Omega
    Dust
    Surge
    Indra
    Pixie
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Boom-Boom
    Boom-Boom with Sketchers
    Boom-Boom with a gun
    Boom-Boom with claws
    Boom-Boom in a helicopter
    Boom-Boom with a cold
    Time Displaced Teen Boom-Boom
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Boom-Boom
    Boom-Boom with Sketchers
    Boom-Boom with a gun
    Boom-Boom with claws
    Boom-Boom in a helicopter
    Boom-Boom with a cold
    Time Displaced Teen Boom-Boom
    Sign me the fuck up.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Storm
    Wolverine (Both Logan and Laura would see use in the run)
    Magik
    Monet
    Hellion
    Northstar
    Forge

This isn't just one team if seven, but yet another dream roster. It's just that I use this idea all the time, so oh well.

I would give some of the major players a rest from the X-Men and have them join greater Marvel Universe teams and organizations (i.e. Storm in Black Panther, Iceman in Fantastic 4, Jean Grey and Beast in Avengers, Cyclops in Starjammers, X-23 in West Coast Avengers, etc.). This allows the lesser known X-Men to come into focus and rise up.

Just like Morrison revitalized the X-Men in New X-Men, my idea is to do that same thing with a new adjective (Superior) that would be the flagship title. This era will be led by Polaris whose dream is to rebuild Genosha. Focus on the “mutant” itself-- focus on mutant society, culture, politics, and economy.

Superior X-Men
    Ta-Nehisi Coates (W) - Sometimes his work sounds like it would fare much better in literary novels, but I do think he's great at world-building. And maybe let a non-straight, White man take the reins of the X-Men for once?

The team Polaris puts together is more of the people she would recruit to rebuild Genosha. This would be the flagship team. With the setting in a different country, I really wanted to reflect the diversity Genosha would have by using racially diverse characters.

• Bishop to be in charge of security, and would eventually grow as Polaris’ right-hand man.
    • Forge for his genius intellect in technology that would help propel Genosha into becoming a first-world country.
    • Sunfire who has dealt with government experience. He would often act as a foil.
    • Frenzy who asks to join as someone who once believed in Magneto's teachings and understands how his daughter could be the right successor to take over Genosha.
    • Dr. Cecilia Reyes to partner with Forge and the two would become the new scientist duo. Give more depth to Cecilia and really give her a passion for developing medicine.
    • Sunspot, who will use his wealth, resources, and network to help fund the rebuilding of Genosha.

Mutant Liberation Front
    Leah Williams (W) - This is based solely that I have high hopes for her in writing X-Tremists for Age of X-Man. And, she has wrote some kick-ass one shots and single issues for the X-Men recently.

This is a complete change from the original MLF. This book would be heavily tied to Superior X-Force, and MLF's role is to save mutants around the world and/or offer them a home in Genosha.

• Psylocke
    • Domino
    • Boom Boom
    • M
    • Jubilee
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Magik

Generation X
    Christina Strain (W) - After reading Generation X, I have to give this one to her.

Emma Frost goes back to her roots and opens a mutant school on Genosha. This will be less classic young student teenager type and more of Emma Frost teaching them the culture of mutants and how to protect the world.

• Emma Frost
    • Hellion
    • Dust
    • Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    • Surge
    • Morph
    • Mercury

Superior X-Men would be the game-changer thinkpiece. Mutant Liberation Front would be high-octane action and superheroics. Generation X would be more light-hearted, drama.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

7 members, I'm a traditionalist, I like the old guard though I am happy with Cyclops currently out of the way.
    Here is my list of 7 characters;
    Jean Grey
    Havok
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Night Crawler
    Rogue
    Gambit/Beast/Iceman/Archangel
    Okay I cheated but member number 8 can be a rotating slot.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

My pick for an ideal team I'd love to read.
    Prodigy (repowered) - Leader - Support - world's leading expert on everything + Mind Reader.
    Surge - Second in command - DPS - Speedster + Ranged attacks.
    Hellion - Lancer to Prodigy - DPS - TK powerhouse.
    Armor - Smart Guy + Secondary Big guy - DPS/Off-Tank hybrid - Brusier + Forcefields.
    Rockslide - Primary Big Guy + Comic relief - Tank - Brute force + indestructability.
    Anole - Smart Guy + Comic relief - DPS/Support Hybrid - Infiltration Expert + Close Range High Agility Fighter.
    Pixie - Primary team transportation + Heart - Support - Strategic Teleportation + Flight + a few more spells she's bound to pick up along the way.

BANNED

- Cyclops and Sunspot - co-leaders, can't go wrong with these two leading.
    - Doc Nemesis, the tech/science support.
    - Monet, best package of powers you can get, the snide personality is the plus.
    - Surge because she's a precious child who needs lots of panel time + quick transportation
    - Triage, never leave home without a healer.
    - Magik, so the bromance with Scott can come back + quick transportation.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 12-31-2018 at 07:56 AM.

The Original Five + Storm and Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is six but replace Rachel with Jean and then add Dazzler or Boom Boom or someone like that and I'd agree.

Same for this. Add Rogue and a non-Guggenheim Kitty, replace Jubes with someone more tolerable...
    I wish that team would've lasted longer.

My ideal seven of all-female X-Men would be:
    Jean
    Storm
    Rogue
    Kitty
    Jubilee
    Monet
    Magik

with Bling! and Mercury as supporting characters not written as art imitates life Comic-Con creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    This isn't just one team if seven, but yet another dream roster. It's just that I use this idea all the time, so oh well.

I would give some of the major players a rest from the X-Men and have them join greater Marvel Universe teams and organizations (i.e. Storm in Black Panther, Iceman in Fantastic 4, Jean Grey and Beast in Avengers, Cyclops in Starjammers, X-23 in West Coast Avengers, etc.). This allows the lesser known X-Men to come into focus and rise up.

Just like Morrison revitalized the X-Men in New X-Men, my idea is to do that same thing with a new adjective (Superior) that would be the flagship title. This era will be led by Polaris whose dream is to rebuild Genosha. Focus on the “mutant” itself-- focus on mutant society, culture, politics, and economy.

Superior X-Men
    Ta-Nehisi Coates (W) - Sometimes his work sounds like it would fare much better in literary novels, but I do think he's great at world-building. And maybe let a non-straight, White man take the reins of the X-Men for once?

The team Polaris puts together is more of the people she would recruit to rebuild Genosha. This would be the flagship team. With the setting in a different country, I really wanted to reflect the diversity Genosha would have by using racially diverse characters.

• Bishop to be in charge of security, and would eventually grow as Polaris’ right-hand man.
    • Forge for his genius intellect in technology that would help propel Genosha into becoming a first-world country.
    • Sunfire who has dealt with government experience. He would often act as a foil.
    • Frenzy who asks to join as someone who once believed in Magneto's teachings and understands how his daughter could be the right successor to take over Genosha.
    • Dr. Cecilia Reyes to partner with Forge and the two would become the new scientist duo. Give more depth to Cecilia and really give her a passion for developing medicine.
    • Sunspot, who will use his wealth, resources, and network to help fund the rebuilding of Genosha.

Mutant Liberation Front
    Leah Williams (W) - This is based solely that I have high hopes for her in writing X-Tremists for Age of X-Man. And, she has wrote some kick-ass one shots and single issues for the X-Men recently.

This is a complete change from the original MLF. This book would be heavily tied to Superior X-Force, and MLF's role is to save mutants around the world and/or offer them a home in Genosha.

• Psylocke
    • Domino
    • Boom Boom
    • M
    • Jubilee
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Magik

Generation X
    Christina Strain (W) - After reading Generation X, I have to give this one to her.

Emma Frost goes back to her roots and opens a mutant school on Genosha. This will be less classic young student teenager type and more of Emma Frost teaching them the culture of mutants and how to protect the world.

• Emma Frost
    • Hellion
    • Dust
    • Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    • Surge
    • Morph
    • Mercury

Superior X-Men would be the game-changer thinkpiece. Mutant Liberation Front would be high-octane action and superheroics. Generation X would be more light-hearted, drama.
    I LOVE these. I love Superior X-Men and Mutant Liberation Front as titles and I think you have a good balance of genres in three titles. I think you also have really solid writers that fit the themes well.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 01-01-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Ultimate X-Men

Ororo Munroe
    Joanna Cargill
    Shola Inkose
    Jesse Bedlam
    Eden Fesi
    Armando Munoz
    Nezhno Abidemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Sage
    Prof X
    Psylocke
    Emma Frost
    Cyclops
    Scarlet Witch
    Amelia Voght
    AWESOME to see the comicbook character Scarlet Witch as a member of an ideal X-Team. However, 3 telepaths I do not find ideal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    i think my lineup changes daily, but this is who i would pick as of right now...

01. Cyclops
    02. Magik
    03. Archangel
    04. Psylocke
    05. Gambit
    06. Rogue (with her ms. Marvel powers)
    07. Magneto
    always!!!!