Thread: Attack on Titan

Default Attack on Titan

I did search to make sure I'm not creating a dupe thread. So if there is one my apologies in advance.

Now, I've been reading Attack on Titan since last summer, and I have to say I'm bored to death. At this point I'm really just keeping up with it to see what happens.

I'm not new to Manga so it's not the length that's bothering me. It's the pace of the story and, and after the initial attacks on the wall, it's gone all over the place. It feels like I'm reading filler material. Or that the guy writing it knows where he wants to go. The beginning is good, and I think the end chapters will be good, but it's the in between that he either doesn’t quite know what to do with.

I really want to enjoy this story, but even for Manga it's just way too drawn out.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

well, its at that point where it is selling millions of copies so its gonna become repetitive. One of the main problems with Manga now a days.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

FYI to visitors, the latest chapter is legitimately readable on Crunchyroll.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    It feels like I'm reading filler material. Or that the guy writing it knows where he wants to go. The beginning is good, and I think the end chapters will be good, but it's the in between that he either doesn’t quite know what to do with.
    Supposedly he has the story planned out to fit 20 volumes, and has an idea of which volumes the major plot points will land in.

The story's in a phase where the smart titans have retreated and the humans are infighting. I don't find it boring, especially now that we've graduated from hired thugs to government black ops, but the intrigue does get harder to follow with a month between chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    I did search to make sure I'm not creating a dupe thread. So if there is one my apologies in advance.

Now, I've been reading Attack on Titan since last summer, and I have to say I'm bored to death. At this point I'm really just keeping up with it to see what happens.

I'm not new to Manga so it's not the length that's bothering me. It's the pace of the story and, and after the initial attacks on the wall, it's gone all over the place. It feels like I'm reading filler material. Or that the guy writing it knows where he wants to go. The beginning is good, and I think the end chapters will be good, but it's the in between that he either doesn’t quite know what to do with.

I really want to enjoy this story, but even for Manga it's just way too drawn out.
    The author has the whole thing planned out, and says we just reached the 2/3 point. I see your post is fairly old, I am curious if the last 3 chapters have changed your opinion. Things were starting to drag, but now it has all paid off with this months epic chapter.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I've gotten mostly accustomed to how titans look, but the super-colossal titan's gaping innards and shaved-off face definitely creeped me out. I was wondering if its ribcage doubled as a giant vertical mouth until I saw it was regenerating.