Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

1. Superman
    Obviously
    2. Wonder Woman
    Also for Obvious reasons
    3. Martian Manhunter
    He's a staple of the team, he should always be there probably no matter what.
    4. Aquaman (90s - early 2000s era)
    I feel he seems pretty relevent judging that he controls 70 percent of the Earth.
    5.Sandman (Daniel Hall)
    6. Hawkman
    7. Elongated Man Post Crisis Pre Flashpoint continuity
    He died during Fifty Two, a nice, warm conclusion to his arc in Identity Crisis, but I think his character could be explored in a different direction
    8. The Spectre
    Used with the same frequency as Grant Morrison used Big Barda and Mister Miracle, not a a lot
    9.Hourman
    10.Animal Man
    11. Zatanna (Satilite Era Iteration.)
    12. Black Bat (Cassandra Cain
    Also, like The Spectre, used scantly

Notes
    I felt Batman (Bruce Wayne at least) is too tangled into his own mythos to be on the Justice League, and then I thought of having Dick Grayson on the team, but I read a comic that explained why he wouldn't be on the Justice League, I think it was the first issue of Brad Meltzer's run on Justice League of America.
    Also I originally wanted to put Wally West Flash on the Team, but I've never really like the concept of the Flash, as much as I liked the character of Wally West himself, because I felt The Flash being on the team of the Justice League felt sort of redundant or him even existing at all seemed pointless, being Superman already has super speed, and yes I know that The Flash has the Speed Force, but why can't Superman have the Speed Force?

1. Superman (Val-Zod)
    2. Batman (Michael Lane)
    3. Flash (Barry Allen)
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Martian Manhunter
    6. Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    7. Black Canary
    8. The Question (Vic Sage)
    9. Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    10. Steel (John Henry Irons)
    11. Chronos (Walker Gabriel)
    12. Doctor Fate (Khalid Nassour)
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 07-01-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Personally, while I like the character of Zatana I wouldn't particularly want her modern iteration on the Justice League, just because her silly magician costume with the fishnets doesn't really fit with the very superhero-y costume the JLA tends to have.
    While I don't have a problem with her outfit, Zatanna and Black Canary on the same team can sometimes seem a little fishnet overload, like having two dudes with mullets or something. One mullet is pushing it. Two is just right out.

Then again, we are in an age where there are two Green Lanterns on the team, so heck, fishnets for everyone!

And now I have a mental image of Batman, glowering at people in his cloak and fishnets...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    She did have the Perez designed more superhero costume, somewhat updated for JL Dark -

That's actually, pretty darn good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I don't have a problem with her outfit, Zatanna and Black Canary on the same team can sometimes seem a little fishnet overload, like having two dudes with mullets or something. One mullet is pushing it. Two is just right out.

Then again, we are in an age where there are two Green Lanterns on the team, so heck, fishnets for everyone!

And now I have a mental image of Batman, glowering at people in his cloak and fishnets...
    It'd make DC feel less blatantly hypocritical/double-standard-y at least.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

1. Superman (Clark)
    2. Batman (Bruce)
    3. Wonder Woman (Diana)
    4. Jessica Cruz (GL)
    5. The Flash (Barry)
    6. Martian Manhunter
    7. Steel (John)
    8. Faith
    9. Black Canary (Dinah)
    10. Green Arrow (Ollie)
    11. Tomorrow Woman (Clara)
    12. Hawkgirl (Kendra)

with Red Tornado, Android Hourman, Hawkman (Carter), Plastic Man, Blue Beetle (Jaime), Zatanna, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Atom (Ryan), Shazam (Billy), Star Sapphire (Carol), Aquaman (Arthur), Artemis, Geo-force (Brion), Jason Blood popping in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL! that was awesome!
    Although for 80s TV I'm drawing a complete blank couldn't place your Craftress?
    Also couldn't help but feel you need a dark horse 13. some kind of talking car and driver to join.
    Mildred Hubble is from The Worst Witch tv series. I was going to use Sabrina the Teenaged Witch. but I really like her darker themed book and didn't want to tamper w/ it. so Mildred ended up being my Zatanna stand-in. I have another suicide squad-esque team that makes use of Kit and a few other characters. when I described Automan as rogue, it would be this organization that he escaped from.

Incredible Member

I'm gonna say
    1.) Superman
    2.) WonderWoman
    3.) Nightwing
    4.) Katana
    5.) The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    6.) Vibe
    7.)Blue Beetle
    8.) Green Lantern John Stewart
    9.) Vixen
    10.) Big Barda
    11.) Mr. Miracle.
    12.) Thunder

All right, pretty much classic old school for me.
    HEAVY HITTERS
    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Martian Manhunter
    5. Flash
    6. Green Lantern
    7. Aquaman

NOT HEAVY HITTERS BUT STILL CLASSIC
    8. Atom
    9. Green Arrow
    10. Black Canary
    11. Hawkman
    12. Hawkgirl

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    All right, pretty much classic old school for me.
    HEAVY HITTERS
    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Martian Manhunter
    5. Flash
    6. Green Lantern
    7. Aquaman

NOT HEAVY HITTERS BUT STILL CLASSIC
    8. Atom
    9. Green Arrow
    10. Black Canary
    11. Hawkman
    12. Hawkgirl
    I agree with the Heavy Hitters. I would take John for the GL spot. His military experience gives the League something that they lack. Also, Barry over Wally (I prefer Wally but not in this group).

The other five are where we slightly differ.
    8. Atom (You need the pure scientist in the group.)
    9. Zatanna (Magic User #1.)
    10. Vixen (A truly unique power set. There is a lot that you can do with her.)
    11. Cyborg (Tech support. I almost would have preferred a non-crippled Oracle here).
    12. Poison Ivy (Environmentalist/Biologist. A skill-set that really isn't covered by any previous member of the team. Would cause major headaches within the team, yet could work well when needed. Anything for the planet).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A fresh take on Starfire that gives her more agency and makes her a big leaguer would be really fun. She could be a nice addition to the Justice League.

A league going forward

Superman - The Icon. Unless it is for storyline reasons I cannot see Big Blue (or any of the Trinity for that matter) not as part of the premier team of the DC Universe
    Wonder Woman - The Amazon. She stands alongside Superman in power and in history, she has more than earned her place in the league
    Batman - The Shadow. As popular as Superman, and as iconic.
    Flash (Wally West) - The Speedster. Barry has got stuff to be doing, and relationships to fix at home. Wally however is the only decent bit of the Titans book. Put him in the JL, and give him a chance to shine.
    Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) - The Recruit. Honestly, Jessica is one of the best new characters. She also adds diversity to the team without it being her sole purpose.
    Mera - The Outsider. With Aquaman ruling over Atlantis, Mera can fill his spot in the League. Not being Arthur also lends credence to her status as an outsider
    Cyborg - The Teenager. Cyborg is a founder of the League (honest) and gives a young viewpoint, and a tie in to the younger heroes.
    Martian Manhunter - The Teacher. MM is a true staple of the league. Putting him in an advisory role, with the pre flashpoint memories of him being returned would bring him back into the DCU elegantly
    Green Arrow - The Mortal. For as much as Batman rants about how people need 'Mortals not Gods', he needs to accept he has become one of the gods. Oliver fills the role Bruce wishes he could.
    Black Canary - The Warrior. She kicks all the ass, and has a relationship with Green Arrow that adds some humanity and character to the team
    Zatanna - The Magician. A mystical aspect to the League lets them fight more than a never ending onslaught of aliens
    Vixen - The Hunter. Vixen kicks ass. Vixen deserves better than the JLA. Step her up to the big leagues.

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern (John Stewart)

The Flash (Wally West)

Black Canary

Arsenal

Vixen

Captain Atom

Mera

Katanna

Plastic Man
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Hal Jordan
    The Flash
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter
    Captain Marvel
    The Spectre
    Dr. Fate
    Swamp Thing
    Orion