Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default King Kong vs. Godzilla (round 2)

Well, I'll be darned. I honestly didn't think this would happen.

http://io9.com/king-kong-and-godzill...-sc-1729948653

I guess the only acceptable comment is... let them fight!

Awesome.

If they can get Pacific Rim in there too a couple movies down, we'll have the makings of one heck of a battle royal.

The Kong from the last movie was about 25 - 30 ft tall. Godzilla was at least 300 ft. Don't see how they would fight. And a gigantic Kong becomes silly.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Kong from the last movie was about 25 - 30 ft tall. Godzilla was at least 300 ft. Don't see how they would fight. And a gigantic Kong becomes silly.
    Granted a giant 300 foot tall ape is kinda silly... but I don't think they should let that stop them from making the movie.

A little suspension of belief can go a long way.

They scaled up Kong to fight Godzilla back in '62, and now Godzilla's over twice as big. Honestly, I don't think the Kong that Godzilla will fight will be of the same continuity as the new Kong: Skull Island film. Making Kong Godzilla-sized means he can't do the typical Kong stuff, the direct interaction with humans, that you need in a Kong solo film (a possible franchise unto itself). I think this has more to do with consolidating corporate stuff then making the movies of the same continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    They scaled up Kong to fight Godzilla back in '62, and now Godzilla's over twice as big. Honestly, I don't think the Kong that Godzilla will fight will be of the same continuity as the new Kong: Skull Island film. Making Kong Godzilla-sized means he can't do the typical Kong stuff, the direct interaction with humans, that you need in a Kong solo film (a possible franchise unto itself). I think this has more to do with consolidating corporate stuff then making the movies of the same continuity.
    Yeah, if they scale up Kong to Godzilla size they can't really do the classic "King grabs a girl and climbs the empire state building." So some of the classic Kong spots will have to be left out or tweaked.

Mighty Member

All I have to say is Godzilla better win this time!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

They could tap Gareth Edwards, have him do the whole movie as two hours of build up and action cut-off jump cuts with Kong and Godzilla getting closer and closer to each other while scientists and soldiers do talking stuff.

Then in the final scene, King Kong is instantly kayoed when the 300ft Godzilla merely steps on him without even realizing he's there, before Ken Watanabe can even finish saying "Let them fight!" this time around.

Godzilla roars confusedly as to why everyone's clapping him on and he goes back off into the sea, and the last shot is the camera closing in on King Kong Looney Tune style as bananas and blondes fly around his head.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 09-10-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I dunno. Kong's so sympathetic, while Godzilla has the versatility to play the bad guy who gets beaten (temporarily) in the end. Who's stronger has no real bearing because they are, after all, fictional.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Maybe some third monster will show up and the two will end up teaming up to save the day rather than just fighting it out.

That's kind of a cop out... but ya never know.

BANNED

Same way someone like the Hulk would fight something the size of Godzilla? Anyways, sometimes the original King Kong was twice as big as thirty feet. If it was me, I would have a bunch of giant apes that King Kong lords over, so before the final showdown there could be a fight where Godzilla fights a whole troop of them.

My insane idea to solve the size difference: the invaders from Pacific Rim create a bridge between the Kong and Godzilla universes and it turns out everything in Kong's world is proportionally bigger, so Kong and Godzilla are the same size.

This also results in an 80 foot tall Tom Hiddleston and a lead-in to Godzilla vs. Kong vs. Pacific Rim movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    My insane idea to solve the size difference: the invaders from Pacific Rim create a bridge between the Kong and Godzilla universes and it turns out everything in Kong's world is proportionally bigger, so Kong and Godzilla are the same size.

This also results in an 80 foot tall Tom Hiddleston and a lead-in to Godzilla vs. Kong vs. Pacific Rim movie.
    Maybe they can just create a large enough Jaeger for King Kong to fit into so he can fight Godzilla on a level playing field.

^Mechanikong!

I confess I am very, very disappointed to hear of this. I thought the next Godzilla movie would introduce the western incarnations of King Ghidorah and Rodan. This sounds like a bad joke. Godzilla and King Kong are not the same size, not by a longshot. Kong will tangle with foes closer to his weight class in Skull Island. Godzilla would simply tail-slap him into the Pacific/Atlantic/Indian Ocean and that would not be a feature, but more like a featurette. If Godzilla can kick two MUTO's asses, an overgrown chimp is no match for his strength and abilities.