Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Maybe it will be Kong vs a Baby Zilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    I confess I am very, very disappointed to hear of this. I thought the next Godzilla movie would introduce the western incarnations of King Ghidorah and Rodan. This sounds like a bad joke. Godzilla and King Kong are not the same size, not by a longshot. Kong will tangle with foes closer to his weight class in Skull Island. Godzilla would simply tail-slap him into the Pacific/Atlantic/Indian Ocean and that would not be a feature, but more like a featurette. If Godzilla can kick two MUTO's asses, an overgrown chimp is no match for his strength and abilities.
    According to the article there's going to be Godzilla 2 before the cross over.

Unlike Superman, Godzilla warrents his own sequal.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Well 1st off I am EXCITED For this Project, NEVER Thought this Concept would Ever Happen Again!!!!!

With that said I Never liked the idea of the Original Movie being Godzilla being a Bad-Guy and Kong being a Semi-Anti-Hero with an ability that just so happens to be Godzilla's one movie weakness and Kong at times being Fire-Proff while being power-up by Lightning!?

I rather have both sides being Sympathetic, both being forces of Nature that for some reason are fighting each other or maybe just for a moment until they have to team-up against a Real Foe. But I don't want indeed to have one of them being clearly bad while the other one is semi-good, that made me upset as a Godzilla Fan Routing for Godzilla back in the Original Movie.

So I believe and Hope this one will be played down the middle to give credit to both fandoms.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I confess I am very, very disappointed to hear of this. I thought the next Godzilla movie would introduce the western incarnations of King Ghidorah and Rodan. This sounds like a bad joke. Godzilla and King Kong are not the same size, not by a longshot. Kong will tangle with foes closer to his weight class in Skull Island. Godzilla would simply tail-slap him into the Pacific/Atlantic/Indian Ocean and that would not be a feature, but more like a featurette. If Godzilla can kick two MUTO's asses, an overgrown chimp is no match for his strength and abilities.
    What does it matter if King Kong isn't as big? You could have a super strong human sized person fighting Godzilla and have it be a good fight, the size of the characters doesn't really matter. Rodan is also way smaller than Godzilla, and King Ghidorah is a lot big.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    All I have to say is Godzilla better win this time!
    For real!

My dream fight would be seeing Godzilla and Gamera fight, but I suppose that would need to happen on the Japanese front instead.

Maybe they would try to make Godzilla "Kong-sized"?!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    What does it matter if King Kong isn't as big? You could have a super strong human sized person fighting Godzilla and have it be a good fight, the size of the characters doesn't really matter. Rodan is also way smaller than Godzilla, and King Ghidorah is a lot big.
    Not every version of Rodan is "way smaller than Godzilla." And it does matter if you want to depict an interesting fight, unless you're into King Kong humping Godzilla's calf and hurling coconuts the way you throw M&Ms.

BANNED

Not every version of Rodan is "way smaller than Godzilla." And it does matter if you want to depict an interesting fight, unless you're into King Kong humping Godzilla's calf and hurling coconuts the way you throw M&Ms.
    You're only showing an extreme lack of imagination. There's no reason a fight between two characters of vastly different sizes can't be a really great and cool fight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    All I have to say is Godzilla better win this time!
    Same here. Kong must fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Same here. Kong must fall!
    That's sort of the problem with the conflict.

It makes more sense for Godzilla to be the bad guy than King Kong, which makes it more likely he would lose. But I'm pretty certain 90% of the people watching will be rooting for Godzilla over King Kong.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps the King Kong in his movie will be young, and it'll be full grown and Godzilla sized in the vs. movie

The next American Godzilla movie DOES have Mothra, Ghidorah, and Rodan in it ... so ... this is obviously something else.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Video game adaption of this monster clash on the way also perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The next American Godzilla movie DOES have Mothra, Ghidorah, and Rodan in it ... so ... this is obviously something else.
    The plan, apparently, was to feature all three of those monsters, but not necessarily all in one movie. The plan was that they'd be in Godzilla 2 and 3. I figured Godzilla 2 would be Godzilla vs. Mothra.

The plan was to do a Godzilla trilogy directed by Gareth Edwards. I hope that's still the case, and this King Kong vs. Godzilla thing is an extra - because I'm for as many Godzilla films as possible.

Incredible Member

This has been in the speculation wind since Legendary announced they were working on King Kong's return to the big screen with Skull Island. Toho has wanted to do a follow up to their most financially successful Godzilla flick of all time since "THE END" popped up at the conclusion of the original. The next entry to the franchise, Continuation:KING KONG Vs. GODZILLA was scripted, but didn't happen. Later on, the studio was playing around with more Kong films, and the flick that ended up becoming GODZILLA Vs. THE SEA MONSTER, was originally OPERATION ROBINSON CARUSO:KING KONG Vs. EBIRAH ,but Rankin-Bass, the holders of the Kong license, wasn't happy with Toho's choice of director, Jun Fukuda. So King Kong was pulled from said project, and replaced with the Big-G. Also in an early draft of the script for Destroy All Monsters !, King Kong was set to be one of the participants in the flick. But some rights issues put the kibosh on that idear. In 1991, Toho was looking to remake the Monster King throwdown. But the holder of the rights to Kong at the time, Ted Turner, wanted too high a licensing fee for the Big Ape. Toho tried to go around it with GODZILLAVs. MECHANI-KONG. Ted Turner raised a stink it was still Kong, and Toho abandoned it for GODZILLA Vs. KING GHIDORAH in the end. I'm all for this match-up, the rematch has been on my remake wishlist since I saw this DVD Cover local Wal-Mart,and thought fighters with Godzilla's then modern look, and Kong looking like he did in the DeLAurentis flicks, would've been sweet.

You're gonna need a bigger ape!

Though I suppose Kong could potentially use shrapnel or maybe discarded weaponry and scale Godzilla while attacking him, a la Shadow of the Colossus.