Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Didn't in superman/Wonder Woman series. WW tell superman there a reason why she has less enemies than him. Because she kills some of them.

Or was that in argus series?

It was an an recent comic. But I can't remember which one it was in. Anyone one remember which issue it is in?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Sorry no. How I said it is exactly how it happens. 100% gaurenteed.

Not only that, the only way present day Batman defeats his future self is that he brings the Joker into the future and shows him what it's like. The Joker LOVES it, congratulating Batman on finally becoming the man he was meant to be - a facist dictator who can rationalize any atrocity for the greater good.

"It's the ultimate punchline to the joke that is your life! And it's all mine, Batsy ! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Meanwhile on the internet fans point out the obvious glaring plothole - that the rebels in the future could have have just killed the Joker before Batman did, thus solving both problems.

Edit - this leads to a follow up mini series where we find out the rebels tried EXACTLY that, except the Joker killed them and got a hold of the time travel device. He then moves through time and becomes responsible for some of the greatest acts of death and suffering in human history before he is eventually captured. At the end of mini we find out that because of the chaotic way he used the time travel there is no way of knowing exactly WHERE in his time line he was capture, and killing him could cause a massive temporal paradox that could lead to total disaster.
    This sounds like a pretty cool story. I'd read it and I don't like batman. You ruined my day now that I know this will never exist
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Sorry no. How I said it is exactly how it happens. 100% gaurenteed.

Not only that, the only way present day Batman defeats his future self is that he brings the Joker into the future and shows him what it's like. The Joker LOVES it, congratulating Batman on finally becoming the man he was meant to be - a facist dictator who can rationalize any atrocity for the greater good.

"It's the ultimate punchline to the joke that is your life! And it's all mine, Batsy ! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Meanwhile on the internet fans point out the obvious glaring plothole - that the rebels in the future could have have just killed the Joker before Batman did, thus solving both problems.

Edit - this leads to a follow up mini series where we find out the rebels tried EXACTLY that, except the Joker killed them and got a hold of the time travel device. He then moves through time and becomes responsible for some of the greatest acts of death and suffering in human history before he is eventually captured. At the end of mini we find out that because of the chaotic way he used the time travel there is no way of knowing exactly WHERE in his time line he was capture, and killing him could cause a massive temporal paradox that could lead to total disaster.
    This is what is referred to as the "slippery slope fallacy". Basically, this story you proposed assumes that Batman would have no self awareness or not realize their are situations where lethal force would not be needed.

Incredible Member