Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Devil Dinosaur already exists as the hulk team's pet in Hulk Agents Of Smash

so I'm not sure how she can appear as a guest or secondary character
    That show has been cancelled, so it's wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Ditto there are a lot of ways to make Lunella and Devil Dinosaur meet in the Marvel Animated Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    well i guess it's back to being a brainless moron for the hulk then....so Maybe Lunella Appears On Ultimate Spider-Man I Suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post

Also it sounds like the issue is you not being able to see pass tropes you imposed on the story yourself, extrapolating on a story that hasn't come out yet. If you can't imagine an original story, it's not the fault of creators, it just means you're the one limited by tropes yourself. That's your own limitation and weakness, not the series that hasn't even been published yet.
    Also, let's just remember that Tropes are not bad. Tropes are tools that can be used well or used poorly, but the mere fact that a work is filled with tropes does not make it bad. EVERYTHING uses tropes, that's kinda the point, we notice them because they are used frequently. But that doesn't mean you can't use them without being original, it's all in the telling.

I'm saying it's like Ms.Marvel because it's another Young Positive Character that falls into a minority category and will be pushed as an all ages book(plus the main character is an inhuman like kamala)
    and that's bad because....?

Ms.Marvel was a pleasant surprise and i can admit it is a pretty fun book however Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur just comes off as something that would be a better fit outside marvel since more likely than not this will just be one of those strange books where it exists in it's own little world and doesn't really reference much of anything acting like An Indie Book Published At Marvel resulting in it's cancellation
    And you realize the same could have been said about Ms Marvel before it came out, and it's doing just fine. There is a chance the book could fail, there is the chance ANYTHING could fail, I've seen books that seemed to have a surefire audience built in just flop horribly, and I've seen quirky offbeat books succeed. You never know unless you try, and there is nothing wrong with Marvel trying to expand their audience.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    A kid's meal can cost that. A trade lasts longer than a kid's meal.

And, if you aren't getting your kids comics they want, or introducing them to some good comics in case they want them, you're failing parenting and/or whatever other position it is you engage with children in, from aunts and uncles to neighbors, godparents and teachers. That's what adults are for, to buy stuff for kids.
    I have a niece, 10 years old, who is dyslexic. She has a lot of trouble reading, so I got her some comics, including Ms. Marvel (a little old for her maybe but...) hoping that having the text broken up into word balloons with pictures to give context would help. And she LOVED them and it helped her reading, I don't care how expensive it is, having her enjoy reading is a big deal and something to be encouraged. So having more age appropriate books for her coming out that I can get for her is a huge selling point for me. I will be getting her Squirrel Girl for Christmas this year and will get her Moon Girl next year when the trade comes out.

Her favorite character from the Avengers movies is Hulk, so I have my fingers crossed Totally Awesome Hulk will be good for her, as well, since up till now I have had huge trouble finding age appropriate Hulk stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that some things in Nextwave don't count as canon (at least that was the impression that gave me Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers when he touched the subject with Spectrum)

I think that in the Newsarama interview about the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, the wrters confirmed that Moon Boy would make an appearance in the book.
    Nextwave was never supposed to be canon, initially. But then some writers took parts of it and made it canon, so it's in this weird gray area canon wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Ditto there are a lot of ways to make Lunella and Devil Dinosaur meet in the Marvel Animated Universe.
    Avengers Spider-Man Or Guardians Of The Galaxy are her choices for a guest star role

it's just an attempt to create a property they can use for an animated series
    1. is this a bad thing?

2. proof?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    1. is this a bad thing?

2. proof?
    given marvel's recent animated shows....yes

and really since Devil Dinosaur's creation has been rumored to be linked to a cartoon that was never made it's possible that the same is applied here except this time marvel has the disney machine backing them up on such an animated venture

BANNED

and really since Devil Dinosaur's creation has been rumored to be linked to a cartoon that was never made it's possible that the same is applied here except this time marvel has the disney machine backing them up on such an animated venture
    So despite these series being popular your opinion means more and we should all ignore facts and just follow your speculations..... about a series that isnt out yet despite you clearly being in the minority here in seing the potientel in a series like this........ So in other words just like the severel treads you made to complain about all new avengers this is the thing you are going to naysay this week. Good to know.

BANNED

i didn't realize Devil Dinosaur was such A CBR Favorite

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    That actually sounds like the beginning of a really innovative Pixar movie.
    That sounds like part of Runaways...

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nextwave was never supposed to be canon, initially. But then some writers took parts of it and made it canon, so it's in this weird gray area canon wise.
    And pretty much blamed on a Beyonder delusion in Mighty Avengers.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-12-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Invincible Member

It's not that so much that as it's your main objection seems to be that you think the only reason Marvel's publishing this book is to make money. And the thing is...

A) Of course they are, that's what they do

B) For decades Marvel's published comics that were obviously cash ins, trend-mongering, or spin-offs...so why is this title so much worse?

C) What's so terrible about making money by expanding your audience? Why is it so bad selling comics to kids?

Couldn't care less about the character to be honest. Only thing I've read him in is Nextwave, which I actually thought was overrated, and he's barely in it anyway.

This sounds like a fun series though.

Face it, people just disagree with you.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I fail to see how anyone can complain about a comic series starring a red tyrannosaurus.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I fail to see how anyone can complain about a comic series starring a red tyrannosaurus.
    Because dinosaurs should have feathers

so, no proof. got it. also, i don't follow your logic. because DD may have been part of an animated series some time ago you think that makes him a candidate for one now?