Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I care way more about the beginnings of Extraordirany and Uncanny than I do the tail-end of Bendis' mess...
    agreed. gimme the new stuff, not the final Bendis table scraps.

I'd imagine it's pretty easy to cut pages out of Bendis books. You just chop out 10 pages or so of characters standing next to each other saying "What?", "What's happening?", "...", "Look!" etc and maybe you're left with a coherent story at the end of it. Probably not though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    I'd imagine it's pretty easy to cut pages out of Bendis books. You just chop out 10 pages or so of characters standing next to each other saying "What?", "What's happening?", "...", "Look!" etc and maybe you're left with a coherent story at the end of it. Probably not though.
    That's assuming he had a coherent story in the first place.

So Uncanny X-Men #1 as well as the other X-Books with the new status quo are coming out before issue 600 with the conclusion to the current story.

f#6@@ Marvel and their delays. I almost pre ordered this crap yesterday. not interested anymore now

Quote Originally Posted by vrvr1 View Post
    So Uncanny X-Men #1 as well as the other X-Books with the new status quo are coming out before issue 600 with the conclusion to the current story.

f#6@@ Marvel and their delays. I almost pre ordered this crap yesterday. not interested anymore now
    Well, UXM comes out in december, so it's after #600. But yeah #600 will probably get push back to december lol. Because why not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    There you go. Maybe editorial made a better story out of it. We already know where everyone ends up and what happens anyway so to be honest the 600th issue is whatever at this point.

They never should have delayed it to begin with.

BANNED

If they delay it till Nov., why really bother releasing it at all? We all know Bobby is gay and that will be dealt with in both Extraordinary and all New X-Men. We know something happens between the mutants and the Inhumans. And we all know the line up.

Issue 600 should have come out before Secret Wars if we get Extraordinary and all New X-men first Uncanny is totally moot and pointless.

I think maybe it is what Marvel thinks of Bendis's run overall. Individually I think he did an excellent job with Magik (love her being Strange's discipline), the o5 in general, with teen Jean in particularly and with making Bobby gay. I liked what he did to Emma and her cuckoos (making the cuckoos more individualistic). But he never really went anywhere with Cyclops's revolution. So while he did excellent work with SOME individual characters, he had epic failures in the overall direction of Uncanny and he didn't really develop the new students as compelling characters. In fact I'm not really sure why Bendis needed to create new characters there were certainly enough kids at the Jean Grey school who could have come over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    If you buy this then just know Marvel thinks you're a sucker.
    Oh no, they knew that when people bought Fear Itself, AvX, Superior Spider-man and others. This will just be another in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At this point, we should all just have a rousing sing-along to "They Don't Care About Us" by Michael Jackson. It perfectly fits the atmosphere.
    Out of curiosity when have they ever cared?

At this point, all 600 can do is wrap up the stories of Bendis' students and see Hank get called on all his douchey BS. There's nothing more to the book than The Fate of Goldballs!
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-13-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Out of curiosity when have they ever cared?
    Before they sold the movie rights to FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Before they sold the movie rights to FOX.
    ...hmm true, you do raise a good point there, it seems after that it went all down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. gimme the new stuff, not the final Bendis table scraps.
    But will the new stuff be worth it? I mean sure it's to early to tell but...

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Understand, Lemire picked his team post-Bendis, so whatever caused teen-Jean to jump ship with the 05 is a story that will most likely be told by him, and with the 05 all at the mansion in Uncanny #600, we are likely going to get flashbacks to what happened causing both their departure and Jean separating from them. Teen Iceman will certainly be a part of all that.
    It could be very well that which causes her to leave the O5, maybe Adult Bobby reveals something that causes a rift between her and the younger version or maybe another thing. Personally i just want them gone, just gone already and for Hank to get his A** kicked in so many ways for causing this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The exact part you quoted is this....I will say that the adult Bobby Drake is the character that will appear in our series and yes, Bobby is gay post-Secret Wars. I’m excited to tell more of his story. Sounds like he is talking about the adult version to me, and I'll bet it sounds that way to just about everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Of course it SOUNDS that way, it's SUPPOSED to sound that way, that's how this works.

It's the same way in interviews with Dan Slott, when he was talking about the return of the Spider-marriage during Secret Wars in Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, and kept talking about how things from RYV would carry over into the regular titles post Secret Wars. People wanting the marriage back or Peter and MJ back together HEARD that that was what would be happening post-SW, even though that was not what was actually being said, and bought RYV like crazy to support that even though many of them hadn't bought a Spidey book in years. Well, post-Secret Wars, not only is the marriage not back, not only are Peter and MJ not back together, but the Spidey books didn't even have any plans to even use MJ post-Secret Wars, so she is becoming a supporting character in Iron Man!

Misleading interviews and misleading covers to drive up sales is standard Marvel operating procedure these days.
    As much as i like to believe that Marvel will have one Bobby that is straight and one Gay, we may have to accept that it sounds like both versions will be Gay after SW. Personally i don't know how to feel about the latter, all this hinges on how the 600 issue handles it, just as the final outcome of Magik and Colossus, what is going on with Cyclops and Emma, what will happen to the kids and why Old Man Logan is takin the present day one's spot and what his relationship will be with the others.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, it's somewhat disappointing that nobody brought up the possibility of adult Iceman outing himself during Cyke's funeral.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-13-2015 at 04:27 PM.