Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First Look at Hawkgirl & Hawkman's "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Costumes

The CW has released the first photo of stars Ciara Renée and Falk Hentschel as DC Comics' winged heroes.

Full article here.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Looking good. The wings will likely be added in later.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Aw damn it, I didn't want Hawkman around.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Aw damn it, I didn't want Hawkman around.
    Same, but at least the costumes don't look bad, probably some of the best they've produced yet.

Hate to be a downer but I must admit I am a little disappointed. For me personally, Hawkman is one of the coolest-looking heroes in the DC universe. This costume just doesn't do it for me. Not to mention the dude looks too small to be playing the role. But whatever, I'm just glad he's going to be in the show.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

They look better than I thought they would. I am a little disappointed that they're making Kendra look more like Shayera when they're supposed to be different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    They look better than I thought they would. I am a little disappointed that they're making Kendra look more like Shayera when they're supposed to be different characters.
    The costume doesn't look like Shayera OR Kendra from what I can see. The actress looks much more like Kendra, and that's the version they're doing if they're sticking with the "he recalls, she doesn't" thing from the JSA and Hawkman series Pre-Flashpoint.
    I am in the minority, but I liked the police officers from Thanagar version. Though a lot of writers didn't manage to pull it off, the equal status of married police partners was fairly progressive. Looking forward to this anyway. Should be fun to see a live action version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post
    Hate to be a downer but I must admit I am a little disappointed. For me personally, Hawkman is one of the coolest-looking heroes in the DC universe. This costume just doesn't do it for me. Not to mention the dude looks too small to be playing the role. But whatever, I'm just glad he's going to be in the show.
    Agreed in everything. The costume is not a bad reimagining though. I'd have to see it in action and with the wings to make a final opinion. At least is better than Smallville's and also glad that Hawkman is part of the show. Visually they look and blend very good together as a couple. After the Diggeto helmet they showed for Arrow a couple of weeks ago I was afraid to see how this would turn out. Glad this looks decent.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-11-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Amazing Member

They sure like their leather over there at the CW, don't they? I'd say Hawkgirl's is pretty successful. And I can see what they are trying to do with his, toning down the helmet wings a bit. But it comes off as more owl-ish somehow. Don't see why they couldn't have incorporated more of a metal breastplate either. There's always been a bit of the Roman centurion to the costume that is missing here.

Still, a more faithful rendition of the comicbook costume, like they did on Smallville, wasn't entirely successful either, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

They look great. A few years ago if you have told me Hawkman and Hawkgirl were going to be in a TV show, I would have told you you were crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post
    I totally agree with you. This Hawkman just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the costume and Hawkman should be more muscular and towering over Kendra. Hawkman is supposed to be big and tall. Someone who could scare the crap out of you. This guy is not scaring anyone. I do like the look of Kendra's costume a little better and the actress is perfect as far as looks.

Real sharp, especially Hawkgirl's costume.

Good job.

Somehow I think Hawkgirl looks great and Hawkman looks stupid, even though they're almost exactly alike. Maybe it's Hawkman's head right next to his tiny mace. (Or at least decidedly uncomicbook proportioned mace.)

I don't know how either character fits into the context of the show but if Hawkman isn't part of the main cast my first thought is that it would be cool if he was, in contrast, more archaic and in touch with the Hawkperson lineage with a design to match, leaving Hawkgirl with this more modern look that probably works better as a regular thing, and leaving her with more questions yet to be answered. BUT I have no idea what they're doing. I haven't even been watching the other DC TV shows (though I will definitely check out the Flash if it hits Netflix) so I don't know if this has already been covered.

Incredible Member

Not bad. I think they could have streamlined the helmets a little, but they certainly look better than I would have thought. Hawkman does seem a bit small here, but I can't tell if its just because of the angle they have him standing or not. I think a straight on shot would have given a better idea of what he looks like in costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I don't know how either character fits into the context of the show but if Hawkman isn't part of the main cast my first thought is that it would be cool if he was, in contrast, more archaic and in touch with the Hawkperson lineage with a design to match, leaving Hawkgirl with this more modern look that probably works better as a regular thing, and leaving her with more questions yet to be answered.
    IIRC, they recently confirmed that Hawkman will be a regular cast member, and not just recurring.