Super Moderator

Default Harrison Wells Returns To "The Flash" Season 2...But In What Form?

With time travel and alternate realities in play, it appears Tom Cavanaugh's character isn't quite done yet.

Full article here.

I want to see more of his Eobard, I don't really care about Harrison Wells regardless of which reality he is from.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quite a nice and obvious expectation really. Should be interesting to see any interaction between this new / old Harrison Wells and General Wade Eiling (as played by Clancy Brown) if any.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I would be surprised if Wells was not a Flash of some world.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

I hope the twist is that he is Professor Zoom again. If it worked once, do it again. I don't think a show has ever managed to pull off doing the same twist twice and making it convincing. Make us truly fall in love with Harrison Well's as a character, then have him kill some beloved B-lister (Barry's real dad maybe) and go "Surprise! Zoom zoom zoom."

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

That's great to hear but when are we getting a trailer for season 2? Is the CW gonna wait till like a week before the show airs and drop it?

So it seems like it might be an AU Wells, who might not still be Thawne, who manages to show up in Barry's dimension. I wonder how different he might be from the original Wells or Thawne?

BANNED

I'm really not looking forward to the show making a headlong dive into time-travel and alternate universes.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I'm really not looking forward to the show making a headlong dive into time-travel and alternate universes.
    If you don't like those things, you shouldn't have watched a show about the flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    If you don't like those things, you shouldn't have watched a show about the flash.
    I have no inherent problem with those things. My problem is with their over use or the prospect of using them as a narrative crutch, which is where it feels like the show is heading. It seems like they're all giddy about exploring new worlds and adding new characters, when it feels like they haven't really laid a enough groundwork with the ones who are the foundation of the show.

So, in other words, nice swing but no contact.

My give a damn's busted Kevin T Brown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I have no inherent problem with those things. My problem is with their over use or the prospect of using them as a narrative crutch, which is where it feels like the show is heading. It seems like they're all giddy about exploring new worlds and adding new characters, when it feels like they haven't really laid a enough groundwork with the ones who are the foundation of the show.

So, in other words, nice swing but no contact.
    Nah. They've hit around the batting order in the 1st inning, now they're piling on the runs.

I think it's awesome that they're diving head first into the Flash mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I hope the twist is that he is Professor Zoom again. If it worked once, do it again. I don't think a show has ever managed to pull off doing the same twist twice and making it convincing. Make us truly fall in love with Harrison Well's as a character, then have him kill some beloved B-lister (Barry's real dad maybe) and go "Surprise! Zoom zoom zoom."
    That's not a twist. That's repeating the same plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thinking the same thing lol. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice and its just repetitive. I guess there is fresh ways to go about it but why just dive into something else. If we ever see zoom again have the original actor him not him posing as wells again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It wasn't even a twist the first time. They let us know from the jump and throughout the season before it was made plain in dialogue.