Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mary Jane to co-star in Iron Man comic

"Beginning with INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4, MJ will become a regular member of Tony Stark’s supporting cast in an unexpected new role. Writer Brian Bendis pounced on the opportunity to integrate Marvel’s most famous redhead into the Armored Avenger’s world when it presented itself.

“We were at one of our glorious Marvel publishing retreats and certain characters got brought up, sometimes almost accidentally, and I found out that nobody had anything going on with Mary Jane,” recalls Bendis. “I sat with that for a while and I always go to this place in my head where I [wonder] what the most interesting thing I would like to see that character do now and it fell right into the ideas I was already cooking for Tony Stark.”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/25083/face_it_tony_stark_you_just_hit_the_jackpot#ixzz3l RbuQ2l0"

so seems like nobody on spider books were going to use her so Bendis took her to iron man

"“They know each other,” Bendis affirms. “She used to live in Avengers Tower. But that’s all I’m going to say for now because what kind of relationship they end up having is a big part of what I would like people to buy the book for. But what I can tell you is that it is new territory for both Tony and Mary Jane. And that is pretty exciting to write.”

“I [have] spent most of my time at Marvel writing the teenage version of Mary Jane [in ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN],” he continues. “This is a grown-up woman who has been through a lot. She seems like one of those characters that went down certain paths that may not have panned out the way she hope; and she’s ready for a kick ass second act.”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/25083/face_it_tony_stark_you_just_hit_the_jackpot#ixzz3l RcCJcBQ"

this seems interesting

Damn, I'm just really shocked by it. mostly when Bendis said no one had plans for MJ.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

This could be really good.

Especially if nobody had any plans for MJ (which is pretty hard to believe).
    ...or the feeling in the pit in my stomach could be right.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

There is some SICK TWISTED IRONY in this news.

Fantastic Member

I already picked up on this when he said "As for romance, well... Tony likes redheads." Anyway, I feel like this announcement urinates in a lot of people's breakfast cereal.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

But MJ is not Pepper.
    They may look similar, but they have different tastes, personalities, etc.
    So, while Pepper might've been charmed by Tony, MJ might find him gross.

I would love to see Tony try to put the moves on MJ only to be socked in jaw.

She is too good of a character to waste.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-11-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Damn, I'm just really shocked by it. mostly when Bendis said no one had plans for MJ.
    This is the same Bendis that ruined Kitty Pryde and Richard Rider Nova for fans.

Honestly, it's like the only thing Bendis does well in Marvel is his own creations and maybe Ultimate Spider-man and if stretching things a bit, Secret Invasion.

I see a James Bond/Moneypenny relationship.

Tony+Mary Jane and Peter+Pepper Potts. Now that would be something.
    Last edited by Model 1911A1 Cal .45; 09-11-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    I see a James Bond/Moneypenny relationship.

Tony+Mary Jane and Peter+Pepper Potts. Now that would be something.
    Pepper Potts Parker? Pffft....pass.

Bendis really really likes to play marvel matchmaker doesn't he..., its like he puts on a blind fold and randomly throws darts at the marvel character posters.

I love a lot of his stories and all but it makes me think he might secretly write fan fiction on the side.
    And if that's the case I really don't want to know what he writes about iceman
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

I...I need time. I just...how...why...what?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It could be a fun idea. I'd really rather MJ be with Peter in ASM, but if it works then of course I'll enjoy it. I'm going to wait and see.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    It could be a fun idea. I'd really rather MJ be with Peter in ASM, but if it works then of course I'll enjoy it. I'm going to wait and see.
    How can MJ who is an year younger than Peter, who considered Tony his father hooking up with Tony a fun idea?
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    There is some SICK TWISTED IRONY in this news.
    I think this what they're getting at. Now that Peter's basically going Stark himself, MJ will get with the original version (who possibly is no longer the archetype, given the ANAD preview implies he's out of business).

Bendis' cruel at making characters his playthings and lately more "miss" than "hit", but I suppose MJ being used at all is better than limbo. He's also shown a great deal of respect for the character in USM so it'll be a wait and see scenario.

What the hell was that stuff about the new woman keeping up with Tony intellectually though? Can't be her.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-11-2015 at 09:27 AM.