Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Something just occurred to me... if Tony remembers MJ from her time at Avengers Tower, how does the magical blindspot work in concealing Spider-Man's identity from him again?

just why?????????

pull list slowly dropping

I'm happy that MJ will be active in the MU, but I just can't help but feel disappointed that she wasn't gonna appear in the new volume of ASM.

I don't see MJ being Stark's girlfriend but actually a girl, who is his friend. At the end of SSM, MJ cut herself out of Peter's life just because she wanted a normal life and problems she could handle on her own. So dating another hero really looks bad in so many different ways. Plus Tony convincing Peter to unmask himself pretty set the pathway for the two to break up, so I doubt she'd wanna date him if she remembers that.

But does seem like a cool dynamic with the idea that Tony interacts with this normal-non powered civilian and doesn't realize that nothing he does would impress her at all cause she lived that life to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Something just occurred to me... if Tony remembers MJ from her time at Avengers Tower, how does the magical blindspot work in concealing Spider-Man's identity from him again?
    They addressed that around 2008-2010 span that Tony remembers Peter working for him and quiting for some random reason Tony doesn't remember.
    It was in the Invincible Iron Man series.

Then she dates/befriends with Iron Man...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Marvels idea of fun is to have stories similar to having a child's mother cheat on his dad with the neighbor. Yes, I know she's not married in this reality but who wants to hear the stories about your mom with all the men in her life before she was with dad.

Marvel loves flirting with infidelity. Lets have a great family marriage story and subsequently show MOM in relationships with other men.
    This problem is solved if you stop thinking of Mary Jane as your mother.

Ultimate Member

Yeah all of the complaining around the net is amusing. The Spider-Man books have done NOTHING good with her for YEARS now. Most of the time, she barely appears at all. And when she does, it's so that the Spider-writers can make her look bad. And apparently they didn't even have plans to use her at all post-SW (which is why Bendis stepped in).

So explain to me why we havw a writer who seems to genuinely want to use her, has written her well in the past, and seems passionate about this, and this is a BAD thing? No, she must go back to the Spidey-books to be crapped on some more, that's so much better. Given those two options, bring on the Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    They addressed that around 2008-2010 span that Tony remembers Peter working for him and quiting for some random reason Tony doesn't remember.

It was in the Invincible Iron Man series.
    Thanks for clearing that out. So fortunately not a loophole for Bendis then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The full cover for Invincible Iron Man #4 by David Marquez:

It's weird when artists choose not to draw Mary Jane's face the way John Romita Sr and several successive artists did. If this cover popped up a few weeks ago, with no context, it would just be assumed that this was Pepper Potts.

So when does MJ start wearing Iron Man armor?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm sure they'll have beautiful children.
    LOLOL.

Quoted in agreement.

Seriously though, it's good to see MJ getting some spotlight.

She hasn't been relevant in a while. I'm curious as to see what Bendis wants to do with her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The pairing would make sense with MJ's backstory.

If her whole shtick was that she's laughing on the outside and crying on the inside, that fits Tony Stark, the playboy billionaire who had a secret life as a superhero with a dangerous medical condition.
    It's strange that you're so readily advocating for them going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    It's strange that you're so readily advocating for them going out.
    I have no idea where the story is going.

But I wouldn't be opposed to Iron Man & MJ hooking up. One of the advantages of One More Day was that it allows Marvel to tell the stories that can only be done when MJ is not in a relationship without Peter Parker, so if Bendis wants to explore that, I have no problem with it.

I do like MJ as a character, so I don't mind her popping up in books.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's weird when artists choose not to draw Mary Jane's face the way John Romita Sr and several successive artists did. If this cover popped up a few weeks ago, with no context, it would just be assumed that this was Pepper Potts.
    The pose and the hair are giveaways, no? MJ's dimples, cleft and raised arched eyebrows are always noticeably missed when they are not drawn though.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So when does MJ start wearing Iron Man armor?
    If Dan Slott wont do the synergy boost thing around the time civil war comes out I'm sure Bendis will. Tony probably has a spare Iron Spider around that armory somewhere.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Personally, I'd NEVER mistake that image for Pepper Potts. I'd instantly recognize it as MJ.